Rufus' Ride - Block 50 Pit Progress... by Rufus
[March 23, 2017, 03:17:33 PM]

FULL Aluminium HUDBLOCK by Kukki
[March 23, 2017, 07:40:06 AM]

F-16 fuselage by simpit
[March 22, 2017, 06:11:32 PM]

Rednecks 3D printed ICP project by Redneck
[March 22, 2017, 10:30:47 AM]

Author Topic: Red Dog's pit - I finally started  (Read 672502 times)

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
REVIEW ON REDDOG'S PIT
« Reply #390 on: March 31, 2006, 03:14:32 PM »
Ok Guys,
here's a quick report on what happened Yesterday in Bruxelles ! ! !

I was there for a Business Trip and arranged a meeting with Oliver to talk about our "insane" passion ......
When we met at the end of "Rue Leopold I" I didn't know yet that in few minutes i would had the chance to sit in Red Dog's cockpit .....

First Of All MY TRUE APOLOGIZE to Olivier's wife and Family for my visit .... and a GREAT THANK to Olivier's wife for her kindness in opening her home to me !

Ok ....

Olivier is a good guy as you can figure out while reading his posts  .... and you have a confirmation of when you look at him and begin with him a talk on simulations and cockpits ... i think our eyes shows our mood quite in the same way ......

I was really impressed when i first saw Oliver's pictures in his posts ... but Guys .... you can't figure out the Impression I Had having a look at the real deal !!! .... The cockpit section is really well reproduces ....
We saw his works on the warning module assy placed on the glareshield... but Pictures don't give them rights !!!
And MEN ... what i could say on the DED and PFD ...... well ... i can't find the right words to describe the actions to press buttons on the ICP and looking the DED changing in Real Time !!!

Olivier set up for me a Ramp Start (ok Olivier ... i will describe this as a tale if you don't mind) ......

>>crosscheck for switches position .....
>>Master fuel on and selector on normal
>>ELEC on Battery

AND HERE THE FIRST SURPRISE !!!
>>The MASTER CAUTION is On ... and without thinking i find my self with >>my finger pressing the indicator .... and the light switches OFF .....
>>(first hearthbreak) .....
>>AirCond is set and then i arm the seat !

Nice to look at the caution panel and seeing lamps switching on and off according to your actions in the cockpit .....

and NOW ......

>>JSF2 ...... lamps on .... switch is magnetically held buy the UCC ....
and as in the simulator when the engine begins to run the lamp switches off and the switch comes back to his position with a CLEAR and AWESOME SOUND !!!!!

>>Avionics On ...
>>Hud On
>>and now let's play with the ICP and DED
The ICP is from DRIT and .... (as I have the REAL DEAL) I can assure you that the one i was playing with had really nothing less than the real one ....
but .. let's come back to the operations.....

The DED is CLEAR and CRISP ! ....
so ....
Bullseyes set;
Alow at 50 feet;
Steerpoint in auto;
and the DED was responding immediately to any "active" press on the ICP .....

All the Rest is "pure" enjoyment of the flight and the stuff ... but ... even if i would tell about it ..... you wouldn't be able to FEEL IT !

So .... a message to anybody that sometime feels frustrated ....
ALL WHAT YOU, ME .... WE are Doing has something Magic inside .....
We have to reach the point we "fixed" 'cause flying that way .... Oh Guys ..... it's almost incredible what you can FEEL !!!!

Thanks Olivier for the chance you gave me !!! Those flights motivated me MORE than everything !!!!!

Davide "One of Red Dog's Pit Proud Pilots !"
Strale (Skype: Strale_64)

Offline Ka-Bar03

• - Mike -
  • Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Awards
Red Dog's pit - I finally started
« Reply #391 on: March 31, 2006, 04:48:24 PM »
Be Still My Heart!!

nice post Strale 8)

Have to say, Olivier's pity is a benchmark!

Click Above For Information

Offline SharkNoir

• Brig.General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • The "Old" UCC System
    • Awards
« Reply #392 on: April 01, 2006, 05:08:41 AM »
Strale have you see the RWR ? and what do you think about UCC ?
Manufacturer of former UCC

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #393 on: April 01, 2006, 05:17:37 AM »
Quote from: "SharkNoir"
Strale have you see the RWR ? and what do you think about UCC ?

Hi SharkNoir,
Yep ... i saw the RWR ... and i was really impressed of it ! ... it's really a piece of art !!!!
What I think about the UCC ....
Well GUYS .. THIS IS THE WAY !!! I can't wait you to release it so i can use it in my Cockpit !!!!
What Olivier can't told me (as he has not any 12Vdc inside the pit) is if the UCC will be able to handle all the different voltages +5 +12 and +24/28 .... I suppose Yes as it is just able to handle 24 ... but in any case You made a GREAT JOB !!!!!

If someone might ask me ..... I write again ! UCC is a POWERFULL and "easy" (as explained by Olivier) System ... and you can do ALL you NEED ! ....

An ASSET to the Development and testing team !!!!

Cheers

Davide

Offline SharkNoir

• Brig.General
    • The "Old" UCC System
    • Awards
« Reply #394 on: April 01, 2006, 02:59:10 PM »
Quote from: "Strale"
What Olivier can't told me (as he has not any 12Vdc inside the pit) is if the UCC will be able to handle all the different voltages +5 +12 and +24/28 .... I suppose Yes as it is just able to handle 24 ... but in any case You made a GREAT JOB !!!!!

Yes no pb, each output can drive +5v to +40v ! (one ouput with +24v, other with +5V, an other with +12v ....).

And you lost the new modification of RD with a real speedbrake and a CMDS with good OSRAMs !
Manufacturer of former UCC

Drummer

UCC... what is the status
« Reply #395 on: April 02, 2006, 03:56:04 AM »
Hi,

I must have missed something on the forum, but can anyone tell me what the actual status is of the UCC and the DED/RWR? Is it available for purchase, almost ready or still in development? Is it only for own personal use or will we be able to get a copy as well?

Kind regards,
Drummer

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #396 on: April 02, 2006, 09:43:36 AM »
Thanks Davide for your comments  :D
What he forgot to tell is that lots of switches aren't wired up yet, some are not functionning and I had a problem with MFD2  8)
Anyway, we had a great time talking about that stuff.

Drummer,
You haven't missed anything - the UCC is still under development. We have been rather silent these last months because of delays and new functions implemented but the UCC will become available soon I hope.

I think we are reaching the end and except for validating some stuff, we will soon be able to start productions - so stay tuned.

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Bumper

« Reply #397 on: April 03, 2006, 10:50:18 AM »
More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids! More Vids!

PLEAAAASSSEEE!

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #398 on: April 03, 2006, 01:30:47 PM »
Quote from: "Red Dog"
Thanks Davide for your comments  :D
What he forgot to tell is that lots of switches aren't wired up yet, some are not functionning and I had a problem with MFD2  8)
Anyway, we had a great time talking about that stuff.

Well ... if we were in a Judge's Hall i should say:
"that is useless for the judgment" ...  :lol:
really Olivier ... it was amazing flying that bird and as you told .....
WE HAD REALLY Great time talking about all stuffs ! LOL !!!!
Thanks again to You and Your Wife for hosting me !!

Drummer,
You haven't missed anything - the UCC is still under development. We have been rather silent these last months because of delays and new functions implemented but the UCC will become available soon I hope.

I think we are reaching the end and except for validating some stuff, we will soon be able to start productions - so stay tuned.

What can I say more .... ??? JUST RELEASE IT ! LOL
The day this stuff will come out will TURN Night into Day !
Cheers all !

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #399 on: April 23, 2006, 02:55:49 PM »
From ebay to my pit :)

Beside installing the Elec panel, I haven't much to report. I'm still waiting some parts to proceed but in the meantime, I enjoy flying the pit.

Anyone has any idea what's the purpose of the ABCD light on the elec panel?

Hang on guys, it's worth it, flying takes a huge new feeling  :P
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 01:38:10 PM by Red Dog »

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline ValkyrieOden

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #400 on: April 23, 2006, 03:32:57 PM »
Something to do with which FLCS computers are in use or maybe failing? FBW has to have more than one computer.
<embed src="http://www.checksix.nl/images/contestbanner/valkybannerhq.swf" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="752" height="108"></embed>

Offline Nikolas_A

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #401 on: April 23, 2006, 03:42:35 PM »
Probably so. AFAIK the FBW is quad redundant.

Nikolas

twitch

« Reply #402 on: April 24, 2006, 08:02:08 AM »
yep yep...according to the Technical Orders I have...the ABCD switchlight is to indicate a malfunction with the DFLCS...Digital Flight Control System...pronounced D-Flick.

Another tidbit of information...did you know that the main generator actually doesnt' power the flight control system?  The flight controls are actually powered by the STANDBY generator...trust me...there's four cables comin' off it...and they're a PITA to put on!

Catch y'all later!

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #403 on: April 24, 2006, 08:46:39 AM »
Thanks Guys,

Incidentaly, I found out that the output of the shared memory for that light is the same as the FLCS relay light.
I guess this is just a workaround with the F4 cockpit and don't know if it's realistic or not ?

On the next images (taken from Martin's website) the left part is a block 50, the right one the MLU:

As you see, the big difference is no ABCD light on the block 50, where instead we have the FAIL light (also present on MLU) but the FLCS relay light is below the TO FLCS (where not present in the MLU)

So far,here's  my understanding of the stuff when we consider the Shared memory of f4:
FLCS PMG = Lightbits2 $1
MAIN GEN = Lightbits2 $2
STBY GEN = Lightbits2 $4
EPU GEN = Lightbits2 $8
EPU PMG = Lightbits2 $10
TO FLCS = Lightbits2 $20
FAIL = Lightbits2 $80
FLCS RELAY = ABCD = Lightbits2 $40

That's how I wired although, i'm not certain it's supposed to be like this.

What I know is that on the MLU, when placing the ELEC swicth in BATT position, the 4 lights ABCD have to come ON and go off as soon as the ELEC switch is placed in the MAIN position, where the light TO FLCS comes ON.
Which is the behaviour I show in the starting sequence right now.

Comments welcome

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #404 on: May 01, 2006, 03:36:14 PM »
Some more work on the ledft console and aux console:

Started by adding a directional spotlight up on the rail and a light above the gear panel. It's not supposed to be there but I needed some light. The left console was much darker than the right one and I felt unbalanced, which in a sim is a bad feeling  :P

Then the big news is the ongoing UCC beta test which brought a wonderful new item, the Osrams displays which fit perfectly the CMDS panel and displays Chaff&Flares counters.

The proto board is currently placed just below the modified C&F panel but will move into the CMDS from Mike as soon as I receive it :)
Here's a closup:

30 Lo 0 are fixed displays. But the chaff and flare counter (here showing 88 in a test session) are operational in F4 via the Shared memory - check the video below.
Also implemented are outputs for the go, no go, dispense rdy, ... lights.
Those will be implemented with leds and stencils in the CMDS.

The displays are interfaced on PCB #3 of the UCC devoted to chaff&flares & speedbrake indicator. It's a different PCB than the 3 other lightboards (PCB1, 2 and 4)

Talking about the speedbrake, it's interfaced as well.
Sharknoir started from his 4 leds idea to give life to the real speedbrake indicator through the UCC.
Last week I learned that the real one only showed no power, CLOSED or fully open, but the UCC is able to show No power, CLOSED, 1/3 opened, 2/3 opened and fully opened.
It obviously needs some more tweakings but it works great already :)

There's only one thing bothering me, it shows the NO POWER (///) indication for too long while closing but we are working on that.

And here are some more videos:
1/ The CMDS counter in action: http://www.ravico.com/ST/cockpit/ucc/UCC_cmds_web.wmv

2/ the speedbrake indicator and the second magnetic switch installed:
http://www.ravico.com/ST/cockpit/ucc/UCC_brakes_web.wmv
That's for the parking brakes.
last week while doing a multiplayer ramp start, I screwed up big time by not pulling the throttle back to idle and the RPM being above 80% the jet started moving forward... I was head down in the cockpit and didn't realize until a squad member screamed at me  :o
Now, at least, i'll hear the parking brake snapping off  :wink:

I'd like to express my sincere thanks to Sharknoir who works very hard on the UCC altough having a busy schedule at work (and a family as well), he never ceases to amazes me and always tries to implement to scary things we ask :).
The UCC is evolving slowly and all the team wishes to start distriuting those asap, but we want it to be perfect as well.
Sharknoir is the guy bringing that perfection  :D Thanks buddy :!:
If my (and soon ours) cockpit is so lovely, that's because of you
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 01:38:48 PM by Red Dog »

Have a bandit day
Red Dog