CALIFORNIA BUSINESS TRIP - END OF APRIL by Strale
[April 21, 2017, 05:41:55 PM]

HUDCAM + Sensor by Rufus
[April 21, 2017, 03:20:24 PM]

ATD (Advanced Threat Display) by Rufus
[April 21, 2017, 03:06:46 PM]

Ugamanuga's pit by Ugamanuga
[April 21, 2017, 09:31:43 AM]

Author Topic: Red Dog's pit - I finally started  (Read 686105 times)

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
Red Dog's pit - I finally started
« Reply #240 on: October 08, 2005, 04:42:48 PM »
Thanks Charos,

I'll give you the dims you requested as soon as I'm home next week.

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #241 on: October 16, 2005, 03:25:29 PM »
I have a request too: can you give me the cutout dimensions for the round instruments? Hole diameter and distance between screw holes?

Nikolas, are you after the real ones or the one I cut form my own instrument? Mine are not exactly perfectly dimensioned I have 1 or 2mm tolerances at times - mainly for tooling compatibility.

I spend some time finishing the left side console:

Nothing special here, the hard work is coming with the placement of the throttle arm, and throttle gate
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 10:19:26 AM by Red Dog »

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline Nikolas_A

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #242 on: October 16, 2005, 04:19:10 PM »
Quote from: "Red Dog"
Nikolas, are you after the real ones or the one I cut form my own instrument? Mine are not exactly perfectly dimensioned I have 1 or 2mm tolerances at times - mainly for tooling compatibility.

I'm looking for the real ones. Actualy I found something here. I don't know if they are from the real deal.

Nikolas

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #243 on: October 16, 2005, 04:44:09 PM »
Hi nikolas,

I looked in my parts and found the instrument clamps, maybe that could help.

I see 4 classes of instrument: dims rounded
- 25mm: Hyd1&2 and oil
- 40mm: Noz position
- 50mm: RPM, FTIT, EPU and O2
- 60mm: FF

Now with the instrument clamps and the screw I have there:

I can measure the distance between the mounting screws for you:
- 25mm: 35mm between screws
- 40mm: 48mm between screws
- 50mm: 60mm between screws
- 60mm: 67mm between screws
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 10:19:38 AM by Red Dog »

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline Marv

• Col.
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #244 on: October 16, 2005, 05:06:22 PM »
Go to:

http://www.mspclamps.com/

They list case sizes and the clamp sizes and hole locations.  Note, the hole locations depend on the clamp you select.  Even though the clamp fits a specific gauge body, the hole pattern can vary depending on the model of clamp you order.

Marv

Offline Nikolas_A

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #245 on: October 17, 2005, 01:41:22 AM »
Now with the instrument clamps and the screw I have there:
 I can measure the distance between the mounting screws for you:
- 25mm: 35mm between screws
- 40mm: 48mm between screws
- 50mm: 60mm between screws
- 60mm: 67mm between screws

Thanks Olivier. Are your clamps real or did you make these too?
Quote from: "Marv"
Go to:

http://www.mspclamps.com/

They list case sizes and the clamp sizes and hole locations.  Note, the hole locations depend on the clamp you select.  Even though the clamp fits a specific gauge body, the hole pattern can vary depending on the model of clamp you order.

Marv

Thanks Marv but, can't we find which ones are used on the F-16? I'll try to compare Olivier's list and see which fit closer.

Nikolas

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #246 on: October 17, 2005, 03:10:38 AM »
Nikolas,
The clamps are real ones

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline Nikolas_A

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #247 on: October 17, 2005, 05:08:53 AM »
Nikolas,
The clamps are real ones

Oh, great! :supz:

Nikolas

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #248 on: October 20, 2005, 07:06:21 AM »
I started planning the final stages of the cockpit: panel placement.
As you'd have guessed at this time, My cockpit won't be 100% realistic both in dimensions and capabilities. Besides I'm doing a MLU style cockpit but to keep compatibility with my version of F4, I'll use some B50/52 panels.

So all in all I will be very far from a 100% accurate cockpit, but IMHO very close to a 100% enjoyable cockpit in Falcon.

As you may notice, some panels are not installed and some panels are not in their correct place. Best example is the KY58 panel on the right console that will be replaced with the avionic power panel. But there are other occurences...

Now might be a good time to discuss switch use and sim specific commands.

1. Switches
i'm planning on redirecting some cockpit switches to sim (or system) specific functions, like Light rotaries that will indeed be linked to the cockpit lights.
I will also link the MAIN ELEC switch to the UCC power OFF switch so I'm sure nothing comes out from the UCC (light, LCD backlight) when the MAIN ELEC switch is in the OFF position.

If you have any comments or want to share your ideas, I'm all hears... :)

2. Sim Specific panels
I'm considering using 2 Sim Specific panels and include them into the cockpit.
The first one would be on the LEFT console and will present two pushbuttons and a track ball flush with the panels. I'll probably place that one instead of the AUDIO1&2 panels - below the throttle. I'm pretty used to have a trackball near the TQS since I flew with one for the last 10 years or so.

The second panel would go on the RIGHT console and feature the programming switches for the Xkeys 1&2 as well as relevant leds. These switches will be guarded of course.
Then I was also thinking of placing there a sound pot for setting the external sound volume and maybe two jack to easily connect a microphone and earphones.

Any thing else I'm obviously forgetting?

Comments welcome :)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 10:19:49 AM by Red Dog »

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline Nikolas_A

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #249 on: October 20, 2005, 10:51:00 AM »
1. Switches
i'm planning on redirecting some cockpit switches to sim (or system) specific functions, like Light rotaries that will indeed be linked to the cockpit lights.
I will also link the MAIN ELEC switch to the UCC power OFF switch so I'm sure nothing comes out from the UCC (light, LCD backlight) when the MAIN ELEC switch is in the OFF position.

If you have any comments or want to share your ideas, I'm all hears... :)

You might want to implement some logic in this. I can remember now if F4 has a flag for this. If you just use the switch, if you loose your electric power in F4, your UCC power will still be on, because the switch will be on.

Nikolas

Offline Crease-Guard

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #250 on: October 20, 2005, 01:13:31 PM »
This is where a piece of Hardware like EPIC or PHCC comes into play.  You can hard code in logic like this to have X happens when Y state is met.

Jay

Offline Ka-Bar03

• - Mike -
  • Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #251 on: October 20, 2005, 01:51:09 PM »
wouldn't the UCC, since its representing whats in SM, go blank also? (in damge)
DED. RWR,,but then also, your fault and display idicators would remain,
I think F4 would handle it right.

Click Above For Information

Offline SharkNoir

• Brig.General
    • The "Old" UCC System
    • Awards
« Reply #252 on: October 20, 2005, 05:04:00 PM »
Kabar, actually we work on it !

I use a flag to switch off lights when Elec is OFF, for LCD DED or PFD, you can use a switch with 2 command line to cut +5v line 19 of lcd to switch off !
Only the RWR have a pb ! it can't switch off directly with power !

WIth your help, we can find some goods solutions ! please PM me your home address, i send you the next week your UCC !
Manufacturer of former UCC

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #253 on: October 20, 2005, 05:09:21 PM »
Charos,
Yes flags for that are available - but it doesn't work fine in all F4 versions.

Jay
Argh - logic programming is already killing me with the Cougar :)

Mike,
Yep theoricaly it should work ok  but testing proved that the shared memory still suffer from a lot of problems, when you suffer damage in flight for instance : the F4 pit goes dark but most of the light indicator remains ON with the UCC because the Shared memory has not been changed due to the damage - but that is another problem we are trying to solve by finding a relevant flag in the Shared memory to bypass the problem

But for my pit, i plan on placing dual switches with one part connected to the Xkeys to send the instruction to F4 and the other part to link it to different PCB of the UCC to switch off some of the component when necessary

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline Venom

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #254 on: October 20, 2005, 08:42:14 PM »
I used a double pole triple throw switch for my main electrical panel.

That way I can switch both 115 volt, for RS gear, and send signals to x-keys with the same switch.