Symulate Cockpit Plans by Sparrow 23
[January 22, 2017, 05:47:29 AM]

FULL Aluminium HUDBLOCK by mogas
[January 20, 2017, 07:13:47 AM]

Henkie's pit by henkie
[January 20, 2017, 04:13:19 AM]

magoo's cockpit (Wombat is still teaching) by wralex
[January 19, 2017, 04:50:27 PM]

Author Topic: Red Dog's pit - I finally started  (Read 645979 times)

Offline idekkers

• General
  • VP Awards : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
Red Dog's pit - I finally started
« Reply #225 on: September 27, 2005, 12:15:48 PM »
Hey marv

if you get a chance, can you post pics of where the main and aux connect to each other ? it doesn't look like a strait line.

Ido

Offline Marv

• Col.
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #226 on: September 27, 2005, 04:21:21 PM »
The picture I posted was a top view.  What did you want to see, the side view (from inside looking out)?

Marv

Quote from: "idekkers"
Hey marv

if you get a chance, can you post pics of where the main and aux connect to each other ? it doesn't look like a strait line.

Ido

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #227 on: September 27, 2005, 04:36:05 PM »
Hi Marv, It's a teaser allright, but it helps :)
As the trainer pix in the other thread, those are the ones I took my dimensions from.

If you could give the following dims, that would be great, but no rush, just whenever and if you have the time.

It would also be helpfull to get a picture from the inside (as if you'd go against the wall without moving the part) That would help in seeing how the DZus rail are attached and how the side console is attached to the AUX
I see the bolt on the right there, but I wonder how it goes around the side stick hole?

Thanks for your help
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 10:20:08 AM by Red Dog »

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline Marv

• Col.
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #228 on: September 27, 2005, 07:08:47 PM »
Sure thing.  It may take a few days since I have some things going on, but I would be happy to help.

Marv

Quote from: "Red Dog"
Hi Marv, It's a teaser allright, but it helps :)
As the trainer pix in the other thread, those are the ones I took my dimensions from.

If you could give the following dims, that would be great, but no rush, just whenever and if you have the time.

It would also be helpfull to get a picture from the inside (as if you'd go against the wall without moving the part) That would help in seeing how the DZus rail are attached and how the side console is attached to the AUX
I see the bolt on the right there, but I wonder how it goes around the side stick hole?

Thanks for your help

Offline idekkers

• General
  • VP Awards : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #229 on: September 28, 2005, 12:38:02 AM »
what i meant was the seam between the main and aux, it doesn't look like they are conncted in a strait line where the angle is.....

Ido

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #230 on: September 28, 2005, 02:55:47 AM »
Sorry for the deletion of all my thread pictures  :x The website I used to store them was hacked last night... :cry:

[edit] But part of it is fixed already...

Marv, take all the time you need and thanks

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #231 on: September 28, 2005, 03:05:01 AM »
Ido,

I don't know if that is the info you're looking at  but here's a picture of the right aux panel:

As you can see, it's not a straight line at all. The aux is connected to the side console on the stick base (probably with the 2 small tabs) and on the bolt at the right edge of the aux.

The middle is the panel hole.
I'm not sure it was the info you were after, I hope it helps
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 10:20:17 AM by Red Dog »

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline Nikolas_A

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #232 on: September 28, 2005, 08:43:04 AM »
Damn, you guys got me started again. Here's some work on the right panel:

Edit: photo removed, see below

Red Dog or Marv, one question:
I guess the Dzus rail the Sensor power goes on is one piece, right? If so is it bolted onto the aux panel too? I see two holes on the right side in RD's photo so I guess that is the case.

Nikolas

Offline Nikolas_A

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #233 on: September 28, 2005, 08:46:57 AM »
Quote from: "Red Dog"

RD, most of these dims can be calculated by counting holes on the Dzus rail and multiplying by 9.53mm. I'll measure them for you when I get to this point.

Nikolas

Offline Nikolas_A

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #234 on: September 28, 2005, 10:04:06 AM »
Some further progress:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/pic2web/Cockpit/Right_console.jpg

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #235 on: September 28, 2005, 11:32:33 AM »
I guess the Dzus rail the Sensor power goes on is one piece, right? If so is it bolted onto the aux panel too? I see two holes on the right side in RD's photo so I guess that is the case.

I guess so as well, but I'm not sure. the picture Marv will take will probably help. There are also 4 of those small holes along the inside of the side stick part of AUx - probably to attach the Dzus rail as well

Nice drawings you have there and roger on counting the Dzus :)

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline idekkers

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #236 on: September 28, 2005, 11:40:11 AM »
yup, that's exactly what i wanted.

thanks RD

Ido

oryx1

« Reply #237 on: September 28, 2005, 11:44:35 AM »
RD

Which I had u as my PIT teacher...EXCELENT EXCELENT..we are jealous in Namibia..
can you 911 here please..not getting stncils of the web..and diagrams...

can one build the frames from 2.5-3mm steel plate..

Not getting any luck and joy and PM seems to not to be working

Oryx1
Mike..Namibia
mikea@nampa.org

wanna visit Nam and help with our Pit..he he he ..???
 :oops: .... :lol:

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #238 on: September 28, 2005, 12:46:46 PM »
Oryx1,

Well, what can we say?
All the info is available on the board. all you have to do is read it and search for the relevant info.

Nobody will build your pit in Namibia at your place, you'll have to start working on your own. I don't understand what you need but you will need to decide first what you want to build and then ask specific questions instead of requesting stencils :)
Killn will have stencils for sale but he's not ready yet - so you'll have to be patient

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline Nikolas_A

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #239 on: October 08, 2005, 08:47:28 AM »
Here you go:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/pic2web/Cockpit/Rc2.jpg

Edit: I compressed it too much :oops: . The numbers are:
146.5, 305, 209.2, 228.2 (mm of course). Measured from panel edge to panel edge.
I'm missing three of the dims you asked for. The smaler one is ~80mm, because the Zeroize panel is 75,60mm.

You can easily calculate this with these quidelines:
Dzus to Dzus:136.3mm
Maximum panel length: 146,82mm (if the panels where touching. Normaly ~146,5)
Width: multiples of 9,53mm (as above normaly ~.3-.4mm smaller). The studs on most panels are 1,5 hole from the edge (1.5*9.53 - .15 to .2mm)

I've made an ipart factory in Inventor (kind of like a parametric template). I input # of Dzus holes and it spits out panels  8)  
The same with Dzus T and L rails.

I have a request too: can you give me the cutout dimensions for the round instruments? Hole diameter and distance between screw holes?

Nikolas