Rufus' Ride - Block 50 Pit Progress... by Rufus
[March 23, 2017, 03:17:33 PM]

FULL Aluminium HUDBLOCK by Kukki
[March 23, 2017, 07:40:06 AM]

F-16 fuselage by simpit
[March 22, 2017, 06:11:32 PM]

Rednecks 3D printed ICP project by Redneck
[March 22, 2017, 10:30:47 AM]

Author Topic: Red Dog's pit - I finally started  (Read 672496 times)

Offline Ka-Bar03

• - Mike -
  • Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Awards
Red Dog's pit - I finally started
« Reply #210 on: September 26, 2005, 03:52:54 PM »
I remember Dave Scott commenting on fatigue in the arm after an hour of flying his SSC, so it might depend on what you are flying with,, he did appreciate mounting his armrest into his mock testbed.

I'll let you know this fall when I interface my DS built SSC.

Click Above For Information

Offline Marv

• Col.
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #211 on: September 26, 2005, 04:22:27 PM »
Actually, last year's I/ITSEC show the feedback I got from several actual pilots was that the arm rest was important for simulators.

The comment was made while testing my SSC at the show.

Quote from: "Marvin"
Quote from: "Red Dog"

lol Jody. I don't have your arm :o you should see me and I'm all skinny with a arm you could make two turn around with only one of your big canuck hand ...

but it's true; I want it mainly because it's a nice part :)

RD,

Ha ha ha..  Good point..  I think Jay is right, might be different under G..  However at our G level, the arm rest is pretty much useless..  But I think the main issue, is we want it to look authentic.   :wink:

Jody

Marvin

« Reply #212 on: September 26, 2005, 09:43:14 PM »
Mike/Marv,

Ok, not only do I stand corrected!!!  But I guess it helps my big macho ego as well!!  8)   I guess hitting the gym for the last 3 years might be the reason why it does not bother me..  :twisted:

After all this debating, I still want one!!  :lol:

Jody

Offline Ka-Bar03

• - Mike -
  • Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #213 on: September 26, 2005, 09:58:27 PM »
Wait till you hit 40 Jody, you'll use any arm rest you can find  :D
Is there enough room in the footwell for an ottaman?  8)

Click Above For Information

Marvin

« Reply #214 on: September 26, 2005, 10:01:51 PM »
Quote from: "Kabar03"
Wait till you hit 40 Jody, you'll use any arm rest you can find  :D
Is there enough room in the footwell for an ottaman?  8)

Mike!!!!

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:   Oh dude!  You kill me!!  Fair enough..  you win, time for me to SHUT UP!  :lol:

Jody

Offline Rayman

• -=VP Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
Left console
« Reply #215 on: September 27, 2005, 02:40:37 AM »
HI RD,

I made the bend from 5 degrees in the leftside panel between the ELEC and the FUEL pumps panel.
And after the Fuel pumps it stops.

How did you get the curve in the first rib of the rightside, your own design, or real?

Cheers,

Raymond

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #216 on: September 27, 2005, 03:01:04 AM »
Ray,

The problem of the first rib comes from the fact that I don't use real ribs and no sidewall and no outer structure.
In my setup, there would be a gap between the end of the aux console and the flat right console, in the real pit, that where the sidewall meets the aux console and hides the gap between the aux and the rest of the structure.

The red lines indicate where the panels will be and you can see marked by the arrow the gap I'm talking about.

So I will make that small flat plane go through the first rib and the wall section below will be made in wood so I can completely open it if necessary and the upper section linking the outer side of the aux to the outer side of the first rib will probably made out of aluminium.

So The curve on the first rib it the same as the curve on the aux panel, at least projected - it's no real curve at all.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 10:20:45 AM by Red Dog »

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline Rayman

• -=VP Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
Right side
« Reply #217 on: September 27, 2005, 04:51:29 AM »
OK roger that,

it's going to be great!

Looking forward to your next step.

Offline Marv

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #218 on: September 27, 2005, 06:23:01 AM »

Offline idekkers

• General
  • VP Awards : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #219 on: September 27, 2005, 06:49:42 AM »
now that's just teasing Marv  :wink:

which block is the aux ? doesn't look like a 50

Ido

Offline Rayman

• -=VP Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
R panel
« Reply #220 on: September 27, 2005, 07:11:42 AM »
Wow Marv,

Thats looking great!!

Where did you get that?? Is there a viper flying somewhere without its right panel?? here it is!! :D

Offline Nikolas_A

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts
    • Awards
Re: R panel
« Reply #221 on: September 27, 2005, 10:50:20 AM »
Quote from: "Rayman"

Where did you get that?? Is there a viper flying somewhere without its right panel?? here it is!! :D

I guess he goes to airshows with a screwdriver in his pocket... :lol:

Nikolas

Offline Marv

• Col.
    • Awards
Re: R panel
« Reply #222 on: September 27, 2005, 11:18:09 AM »
Or a Leatherman in a pinch!

Quote from: "Charos"
Quote from: "Rayman"

I guess he goes to airshows with a screwdriver in his pocket... :lol:

Nikolas

Offline Marv

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #223 on: September 27, 2005, 11:20:18 AM »
I got that and the left side console a few years ago.  Yes, it is not a Block 50.

If anyone knows where I can get a left Aux Console (the one that holds the landing gear panel), I would be interested!

Marv

Quote from: "idekkers"

which block is the aux ? doesn't look like a 50

Ido

Offline Marv

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #224 on: September 27, 2005, 11:22:27 AM »
I actually thought Red Dog might need to see how the two consoles interface.  I have the plastic interior panel, too.  That hides the ribs under the right Aux panel and blends the side and Aux consoles together.

Quote from: "idekkers"

Ido