ACESII - Kneeguards by Kukki
[March 19, 2017, 12:22:52 PM]

Spyder by Red Dog
[March 19, 2017, 08:09:50 AM]

ACESII - Seat rollers by Kukki
[March 18, 2017, 05:51:56 PM]

Faan's pit by Rufus
[March 18, 2017, 05:19:26 PM]

Author Topic: KK's Pit  (Read 359898 times)

Offline KK

• General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
Re: KK's Pit
« Reply #945 on: August 16, 2016, 08:45:55 AM »
Every time I started a new TE/Campaign I was very annoyed
that my switches in my physical pit were not in-line
with the current setting in BMS.

Over the years I made several attempts to synchronize it,
but never succeeded.

I finally managed to solve this problem and believe me it ROCKS!

I found a bit in the SharedMem which can be used to reliably detect
a new start or re-start of the game.

Init = 0x08,    // HSI_FLAG_INIT

This bit does a 1-0-1 transition at the start of every new TE.

In my PHCC Interface program I read this bit and after the
transition I request the current status of all my switch settings
from the PHCC system.
All switch positions can be read in the 128-byte keymatrix map.
I'm currently synchronizing all switches of my HUD panel but others
will follow as my pit evolves.

To make it visible to me, that my program is currently OVERWRITING
switch positions, I light the lamp OVRD in the 2-module left eyebrow indicator.

Because I always fly in HUD-only view with a FOV-setting of 80 Degrees
I'm shooting the necessary keystrokes into BMS to get that setting
done as well. (Watch on the fly monitor how the setting changes)

After all settings are completed the OVRD lamp will go off and BMS can take over
(reset FREEZE Mode which I have set at the beginning of the syncing routine)
Watch the immediate update of the TWP lights as soon as the OVRD lamp goes off.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 09:05:34 AM by KK »

Online Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Kukki?s F-16 website
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #946 on: August 16, 2016, 09:07:02 AM »
WOW Klaus, that is very COOL and, good work here  :thumbsup:
Will need to dig into this my self sometime, but for many years I have made it a habit to set all switches after a flight to ramp start pos. after every flight.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 04:05:40 PM by Kukki »
Kukki - (Skype: kukki_22)

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #947 on: August 16, 2016, 03:31:05 PM »
This is exactly the sort of thing I've been hoping to implement... :hail: ...!
- Rufus

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Henk's Viperpit developments
    • Awards
« Reply #948 on: August 17, 2016, 01:55:10 AM »
Something similar is in my PSM (Pit Support Monitor).
I like the added OVRD indicator  :thumbsup:

Offline Nigel

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #949 on: August 30, 2016, 01:20:48 AM »
Not exactly what the OVRD is for but that'll work! Kukki, I think resetting all switches should be SOP anyway. Leo managed to figure out how to read them in USIM but I always rest them.

Offline KK

• General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #950 on: September 19, 2016, 12:37:12 PM »
I haven't done any building on my physical pit lately but I really enjoy flying.

My favourite theatre at the moment is the Balkans.

When leaving Brindisi and making your way up to Albania you will find
a whole armada of allied Naval boats including the USS ROOSEVELT.
The UHF Frequency is 226.10. Ask for the vectors and get a permission to land.

Believe me, I have done many landings on ground but *nothing* beats the feeling
of a successful Carrier landing. Here you see my Viper aboard while hotpit refuelling.

(Don't forget to deploy the HOOK before touch down :-))

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g269/911KK/KK_USS_Roosevelt_zps7eavxbak.jpg
KK's Pit

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #951 on: September 19, 2016, 03:36:21 PM »
I guess you have best of both worlds Klaus.
Building a great pit and flying hours and fun. Seems to me as the best combination.

And even though I recognize it as the best approach, I am only building  :DOH:
I just cannot find the time to get flying too. That will have to wait another year (alsway staying optimistic  :D)

Did landing the F-16 on a carrier go well the first time ???

Offline KK

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #952 on: September 21, 2016, 12:35:15 PM »
I guess you have best of both worlds Klaus.
Building a great pit and  flying hours and fun. Seems to me as the best combination.

And even though I recognize it as the best approach, I am only building  :DOH:
I just cannot find the time to get flying too. That will have to wait another year (alsway staying optimistic  :D)

Did landing the F-16 on a carrier go well the first time ???

Henkie,
flying and building in parallel gives you the ability to choose between the two
according to where your current mood is. Sometimes I feel frustated about
pit building then I will do more flying instead. But the best thing of all is that
you constantly do a proof-of-concept by testing out all steps in SW too.
BMS 4.33 offers so much new functionality that you have to adjust your hardware to it.

The first landing on the carrier was an experience I will never forget.
After touch down and full stop the aircraft was towed back by the rope on the ground.
I then found that all avionics was gone because the impact on deck was a little bit too hard.
This is actually the very hardest part off all. If your altitude is just a fraction too high the hook will
either not grab or the pull down is too hard. I'm now working on the technique to get a better
success rate. It is possible to master it but it needs a hell lot of training.
Getting a catapult take off is then the reward.

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #953 on: September 22, 2016, 02:30:01 AM »
Klaus,
I am completely with you. When I run into an issue in pit construction or electronics design, I also turn away
for a few days to get my head clear. But instead of flying (...) I have my old PDP-11 computers.
BTW, this weekend I am driving to a small place north of Stockholm just to pick up a 45 year old printer. But
that printer was one of the first dot-matrix printers and made by DIGITAL. On my way back home a make a
"little" detour to visit @Kukki   :whistle:

The proof-of-concept is a very good point  :thumbsup:
I try to get everything right by reading a lot, but I am afraid that I will see one or two things that are wrong
in the future. I have to see how well I can live with the flaw(s)  :-\   Like the 3-position switch on the AUX COMM
panel, discussed recently. I still have the 2-position switch installed, but replacement is on my to-do list  :roll:

The way you describe your deck landing makes me feel you were doing it in RL  :bounce2:
Must be fun!   I really should get my pit at least somewhat functional. On my to-do for next year  :bat:

Offline Nigel

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #954 on: September 22, 2016, 04:20:12 AM »

After touch down and full stop the aircraft was towed back by the rope on the ground.
I then found that all avionics was gone because the impact on deck was a little bit too hard.
This is actually the very hardest part off all. If your altitude is just a fraction too high the hook will
either not grab or the pull down is too hard. I'm now working on the technique to get a better
success rate. It is possible to master it but it needs a hell lot of training.
Getting a catapult take off is then the reward.
Another reward is that if you blow the landing as described, you get to see all those cool caution lights lit up that you slaved so hard on to get working. So win/win either way!! Hehehe

Offline KK

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #955 on: January 31, 2017, 09:27:26 AM »
Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.  :grumbl:

I pushed my PHCC V2.0 into flyable state.
The complete rewiring of my control system now starts to pay off greatly.
Very easy to maintain, move and expand.

Frontside

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g269/911KK/KK_PHCC_24122016_1_zpsdppk6ov9.jpg
KK's Pit

Backside

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g269/911KK/KK_PHCC_24122016_2_zpsvfclcil3.jpg
KK's Pit

And here is a just-for-fun-video.

I'm proud as hell about the SYS_TEST implementation of the TWP.
When watching it in 3D Cockpit this is what you see BUT this is
not what you get from the shared mem. It takes a lot of extra programming effort
to make it exactly work like that.

Enjoy ...

Online Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Kukki?s F-16 website
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #956 on: January 31, 2017, 10:35:55 AM »
Klaus the professor :-)  THAT is some GREAT work and proff. looking too.

NICE, and it must be a wonderfull feeling you have when you see all that hard work and years spent, starting to pay of.

SUPER update Klaus.

120 days not posting............Shame on you  :grumbl: :argue: :bat: :rambling: :fight: ::) :yeah:

Keep up th good and inspirational work  :vprules: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Kukki - (Skype: kukki_22)

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #957 on: January 31, 2017, 11:21:20 AM »
I just love the TWP / RWR interaction  :thumbsup:
Sooo cool -- simply beautiful  :clap:

Well done Klaus

Offline Peten

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts : Bronze Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #958 on: January 31, 2017, 01:39:40 PM »
Cool set up klaus  :thumbsup:
You will have to guide me some day all the gizmos of the TWP.
I'll hope it will be within 120 days

Asi

Offline hy-fye1

• Lt. Col
  • VP Awards : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #959 on: February 01, 2017, 08:32:32 AM »
Wow, that looks great :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: