INBOUND's PIT by Nigel
[August 16, 2017, 02:08:57 AM]

Thunder's Trainer by Thunder
[August 13, 2017, 07:41:27 PM]

Henkie's pit by Kukki
[August 12, 2017, 12:08:54 PM]

Upcoming parts by henkie
[August 11, 2017, 12:06:17 PM]

Author Topic: Info for newbies... Where to found your startup kit to built the ultimate Pit.  (Read 21177 times)

TomcatRIO

Great Post! I've been out of the "pit" world for a while...my first one started in the early 90's and evolved
as time went on...

Sold Pit 1.0 to a reaturant with an aviation theme for a lot of money. Sweet!

Time to get back in the game...glad I found ya'll.

R/

Butch

Offline Sandman

• Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : King for a Day Award: Awarded for an exemplar contribution to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
Info for newbies... Where to found your startup kit to built the ultimate Pit.
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2010, 02:44:53 AM »
Great work!!!

So much of the VP forum gets confusing, because projects come and go (and many items result in limited runs), and it is hard to know where to start.  I love following how others are progressing in building their cockpits-  It gives me great encouragement to know they were once beginners too.

Having so much of the beginner's information in one place (along with the Pit Builder's Cross-Reference by Flareless) is a great service for beginners.  Thanks Flareless and 101-Douxx!
I hope we are able to keep these EASY TO FIND and keep them UP TO DATE-

Mark (aka "Sandman")
Seattle, WA

Offline sagrzmnky

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
It has been a year and a half since the last update in here. Businesses seem to be leaving, technology is getting better, USB with plug and play seem to be moving forward, and not many people seem to be involved in pit building anymore. are there any new updates for newbies that are just crazy enough to try to get involved in the pit world? I am very new here and the information is very overwhelming. The problem is that a lot of info is outdated and many people are not involved in building or designing anymore. Does anyone know anything about the latest and greatest in electronics? Who is still making the cockpit kits or blueprints? Anyone know?
Phillip "Grease Monkey" Clark

My build thread
http://www.viperpits.org/smf/index.php?topic=6942.0
 Pokeys, x-keys, Mike's panels, Ribbstick

Offline Ka-Bar03

• - Mike -
  • Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
Best thing to do is follow the build threads, read as much as you can. These initial posts give you a starting point. Continually updating this thread is way more than a few people can do. When you have a question relating to something ask for more information or opinions.

Click Above For Information

Offline sagrzmnky

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
Best thing to do is follow the build threads, read as much as you can. These initial posts give you a starting point. Continually updating this thread is way more than a few people can do. When you have a question relating to something ask for more information or opinions.

Not a problem. I was just pointing out that it hadn't been updated in years. I wasn't saying that it should be continually updated. I have been reading for about 2 weeks now. My boss at work doesn't seem to like it much though...lol.  :vprules:
Phillip "Grease Monkey" Clark

My build thread
http://www.viperpits.org/smf/index.php?topic=6942.0
 Pokeys, x-keys, Mike's panels, Ribbstick

Offline Alviom

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • LT. General
  • VP Awards : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Awards
Hello Guys !!!, i want introduce my new store online for F/A-18 Enthusiast www.thehornetspits.com  , you can can found many items compatible with F-16 too like knobs ..i hope you like , my best regards to  everyone  :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
Hello Guys !!!, i want introduce my new store online for F/A-18 Enthusiast www.thehornetspits.com  , you can can found many items compatible with F-16 too like knobs ..i hope you like , my best regards to  everyone  :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

...this is good...because there is an F/A-18 pit on my long range scan... :notes: .
- Rufus

Offline Alviom

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • LT. General
    • Awards
 :thumbsup: and yes with my store and the Steve Patterson www.thesimulatorstore.com Store you guys can build almost a full pit, is the two only stores in the US where you can found F-18 Hornet replicas,  :beer: :beer: :beer:

Offline CobaltUK

• Col.
    • Awards

www.thehornetspits.com  has a new home ?