Rufus' Ride - Block 50 Pit Progress... by Rufus
[March 23, 2017, 03:17:33 PM]

FULL Aluminium HUDBLOCK by Kukki
[March 23, 2017, 07:40:06 AM]

F-16 fuselage by simpit
[March 22, 2017, 06:11:32 PM]

Rednecks 3D printed ICP project by Redneck
[March 22, 2017, 10:30:47 AM]

Author Topic: Strale Project  (Read 191959 times)

Offline drit

• LT. General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2004, 12:19:58 PM »
Davide,
What info you looking for ? can you be more specific ?
drit

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #61 on: November 28, 2004, 01:28:44 PM »
Quote from: "drit"
Davide,
What info you looking for ? can you be more specific ?
drit

Yep Drit,
i was looking for the pin-out of each display to try to figure out how it works the matrix circuit.

Thanks
Strale (Skype: Strale_64)

Offline drit

• LT. General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #62 on: November 28, 2004, 01:42:36 PM »
ups, sorry misunderstood you.

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2004, 05:37:58 PM »
Quote from: "Flareless"
Great score Davide!  I've never seen those "Go" and "No Go" lamps.  Do you have any details about them or about when they light up?  I don't believe they're represented in the Falcon 4 pit (at least I don't recall seeing them before).

Thanks for the link Drit!  That site is going to be pretty cool once they've finished construction.

Never saw that lamps ? strange LOL .... Falcon 4 has that panel ... or you mean that you never saw the sequence of lighting ?
So.... don't have many details as all the info i searched for the AN/ALE47 didn't gave any resoult.
According to me they should work this way:
Mode in OFF - MWS in OFF - NO GO LAMPS Lighted - Dispence RDY off
Mode in Stdby - MWS in ON - GO LAMPS lighted  - Dispence RDY off
Mode in every position else off and std by - GO lamps lighted an Dispence RDY On
Main problem is:
What are the 01 and 02 switches and indicator for ?
As the Annunciator has 4 display per each section so a total of 16 displays and the wires available are only 20 there might be a "matrix circuit" but even making a lot of combination i was only able to identify each section and to light up all the displays ... It's a MESS ... believe me ! LOL

If someone has the same panel it would be great to share some info.

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Stick & Base
« Reply #64 on: April 22, 2005, 03:03:35 PM »
During last days ... due to a cold that kept me far from office ....
i had time to do something ... well .... not so many things as actually
there are a couple of things that i've to set up before announcing that construction will begin soon !!!!

but meanwhile i played a while with a block 52 stick and a block (maybe 5) base ..... too less informations available on these items ......

So ..... i started with main problem, while checking also the SSC modification thread ..... and thanks to all for the precious informations !!!

The stick have a connector with a lot of pins (counted.. but can't remember right now)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/Stick_Conn.jpg
Strale Project

and the Base has a less populated amphenol connector (518-7001)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/Base.jpg
Strale Project

Now.... what to do ??? changing the connector on the stick or on the base ???

As i don't have many informations about the stick installation i decided to go for replacing the base's connector ... (it is on the way ....... will rewire and install as soon as received)

So .... removing the connector it's not so difficult ... even if i understood what i had to do first asking to a Friend and then opening the device to understand where the cables were running.

1st Step: uninstalling the retention ring:
With a little screwdriver we need to push the retention ring in the place showed with the arrow ..... pay attention.... when it's out his place it will jump around... better to keep it far from eyes ....!!!!

2nd Step: loose the screw indicated by the other red arrow ...... that screw holds and tights a cable retention.... and the cables are the stick's cable that run in connector just in the midde of the connection panel

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/retention_ring.jpg
Strale Project
[/list]

and here how the base was appearing while the connector come out

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/P1010057.jpg
Strale Project

As the pins of the new connector are more little than the old one ... i decided to go for a straight CUT of all the wires .... in any case they won't have been usable during the rewire's works.....

Ok ..... i still need to place the connector .... but here's how my stick and base actually appears !

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/P1010059.jpg
Strale Project

Some other jobs to do .... but at least for the nice resoult... i'm just happy !

Cheers all

Offline Ka-Bar03

• - Mike -
  • Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #65 on: April 22, 2005, 03:30:04 PM »
whoa, lucky DOG!!! a real SSC!!

very nice, and very nice pics of it for my archive!!

Click Above For Information

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #66 on: April 22, 2005, 03:36:43 PM »
Quote from: "Kabar03"
whoa, lucky DOG!!! a real SSC!!

very nice, and very nice pics of it for my archive!!

Hey Dude ... thanks for your appreciation .....

Cheers

Offline Crease-Guard

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2005, 05:16:40 AM »
Strale, you're also doing to need to place a different connector for the output as well (i.e. in the center of the 4 LVDT's output connectors).  I believe the block 50 base has 37 connections in the base of the stick.  Did you manage to find a mate for that connector?  If you did, could you see if you can find a connector for the stick?  Mine was shot and I had to cut it off and solder on wire leads to mine.  I was planning on taking out the connector when I got my SSC and pulling the wires from my stick through the base and then attaching them to the 44 pin connector on the output.  This would prevent me from ever being able to remove the stick from the base without cutting all the wires, but may be the only option I have.

Jay

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2005, 05:45:35 AM »
Jay,
need to arrive to that stage to verify it ... but i don't think there's the need to change also that connector...... i mean...... is there really the need to have one pin for each wire ?

For the mating connector of the stick .... well ..... a friend of mine found a mating connector.... I also asked him if there were the chance to find some more as i thing there are more earlier bases around than latest... so probably someone might need that connector too .....
I didn't get still reply about more connectors .. but be sure that if he has more he will send .......
take in consideration that the connector i will receive is not the mating for the base ..... it's a mating for the male connector... so probably there will be the need to modify it ... but who might know ... maybe instead it fits perfectly in the base ..... will keep you updated !!!!!

I don't think that putting the wires direcly to the stick could work ..... for as what i understood the female connector join the tube where the ldvt are placed..... if you don't have something that from the stick goes into the tube i've severe doubt that the SSC will work .... Or am i missing something ?

would be great to exchange some pictures .......

Cheers

Quote from: "Crease-Guard"
Strale, you're also doing to need to place a different connector for the output as well (i.e. in the center of the 4 LVDT's output connectors).  I believe the block 50 base has 37 connections in the base of the stick.  Did you manage to find a mate for that connector?  If you did, could you see if you can find a connector for the stick?  Mine was shot and I had to cut it off and solder on wire leads to mine.  I was planning on taking out the connector when I got my SSC and pulling the wires from my stick through the base and then attaching them to the 44 pin connector on the output.  This would prevent me from ever being able to remove the stick from the base without cutting all the wires, but may be the only option I have.

Jay

Offline idekkers

• General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #69 on: April 23, 2005, 08:07:38 AM »
isn't this a regular cannon plug (mil spec of course)?

Ido

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #70 on: April 23, 2005, 09:44:49 AM »
Quote from: "idekkers"
isn't this a regular cannon plug (mil spec of course)?

Ido

Ido,
yes.... you're right .... they're mil-spec cannon plugs ... but the main problem is :
Look at first following picture ... look at the shape of that connector and the CUT that allow the intallation inside the TUBE where the LDVT are installed.
The dimeter of the connector is exactely 2 CM and it fits perfectly inside the base. The height of the connector is 1.4 Cm ... and it should fit inside the male connector on the stick

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/Connector_block10.jpg
Strale Project

Now look at the mating connector that was find for me !
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/Connector_Block52.jpg
Strale Project

Of course as i don't have it in my hand i really still don't know if his height from the collar, diameter and total lenght will be ok for the base ..... but
better this than a kick in the ass .... LOL

As you can see the connector was a standard cannon plug without its mounting hardware.

Bye all

Offline Crease-Guard

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #71 on: April 23, 2005, 02:52:22 PM »
Hmm....I never thought that the connector played a part in the operation of the stick itself.  I may very well need to replace my sticks connector inorder for my stick to work.

Jay

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #72 on: April 23, 2005, 03:06:12 PM »
Quote from: "Crease-Guard"
Hmm....I never thought that the connector played a part in the operation of the stick itself.  I may very well need to replace my sticks connector inorder for my stick to work.

Jay

Jay,
that were my thought !!! ...... but looking at the mechanical construction of the base ..... well ... i really would not understand how to let feel the force to the transducers if the stick is not mechanically connected to the base ....

but i may be wrong ..... Any one can give his considerations ????

If you need to replace the connector on the stick ... let me know ..... i'd like to know how to remove it .... didn't find the trick !

Offline Crease-Guard

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #73 on: April 23, 2005, 03:26:18 PM »
Well, I got mine out of the stick.  I remember there's a retention ring in there like the base has.  It's been a while since I took mine out.

I figured that when you attached the stick to the base with the retention nut, this was all the physical interface you needed to allow the SSC to function with the LVDT's.  This, however, was an assumption on my part.

Jay

Offline Crease-Guard

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #74 on: April 23, 2005, 03:38:11 PM »
Here's a picture of the one from the stick base.  I cut this out of my stick because several of the pins were broken.  The notch you see goes on the stick side and that doesn't transmit any force or direction to the base or stick.  It is there, IMHO, to make sure the connector is oriented in the proper position.  

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v174/jfagner/SSC/DCP_5190.jpg
Strale Project

The part number for this is:

Bendix 9107  10-527235-35p

Jay