CALIFORNIA BUSINESS TRIP - END OF APRIL by avn-tech
[March 20, 2017, 02:07:30 AM]

ICP Backplates US + NATO version by Catcher
[March 19, 2017, 02:13:46 PM]

ACESII - Kneeguards by Kukki
[March 19, 2017, 12:22:52 PM]

Spyder by Red Dog
[March 19, 2017, 08:09:50 AM]

Author Topic: Strale Project  (Read 191848 times)

Offline Nigel

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
Re: Strale Project
« Reply #450 on: April 29, 2011, 06:39:27 AM »
Looking good Davide!!! The wiring is the biggest part, for sure. But do a good job and you only do it once hehehe. Well worth it, mate.
Nigel

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #451 on: April 29, 2011, 08:39:59 AM »
The wiring is the biggest part, for sure. But do a good job and you only do it once

DAVE
damn if You're RIGHT !!!!! and I really hope that younger VP members can take good note of
these "HOLY WORDS"
Strale (Skype: Strale_64)

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #452 on: May 01, 2011, 04:00:21 PM »
Another update,
didn't show any picture before but in the last weeks i managed to finally finish the MISC panel !
I've been looking for a long time for the TFR pushbutton indicator but no chances to find the real deal ... so with a little patience and some mod i've been able to make my own one

and here it is !

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/P1010067.jpg
Strale Project

If you look with some attention you can see also the ACTIVE / STDBY legend in the button ...
It's mounted in the pit just waiting to be hooked to the electronics boxes !

Then - as you probably read from the message I left on Nigel's Thread - i'm going to finish the small left glareshield.
I had made the AOA indexer support and now it's all ready out the small spot light for which i'm waiting some hints to avoid the power to run into the pit !

here some pictures of actual stage.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/P1010072-1.jpg
Strale Project

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/P1010073.jpg
Strale Project

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/P1010074.jpg
Strale Project

sadly i miss one of those larger clamps and was forced to use an automotive one but it doesn't look so bad.

Cheers

Offline gancio

• -=VP Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #453 on: May 02, 2011, 02:09:17 AM »
Nice clean job mate.
Very good.
G

Offline Tulkas

• General
  • VP Awards : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #454 on: May 02, 2011, 02:38:23 AM »
Great job and great pictures for reference. I am about to make my glareshields and this a big help.

Cheers

Tulkas

Offline Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • Kukki?s F-16 website
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #455 on: May 02, 2011, 05:02:00 AM »
wow Davide!
Great achivement there, it looks sooo good.

Keep up the good work mate.
Kukki - (Skype: kukki_22)

Offline Nigel

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #456 on: May 02, 2011, 05:36:07 AM »
Davide,
I have not yet hooked up my map lights, they are the only ones left. But Jay did it by using a nylon screw and a plastic washer. I bet he will post a tutorial if you ask him. Well, consider yourself asked, Jay!!!
Nigel

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #457 on: September 16, 2011, 06:02:56 PM »
Ok,
after 13 YEARS OF HUNT ! a FRAUD that costed me 1.950 Dollars
I finally was able to acquire a REAL ACES II and it also seems to be in relative good conditions !

But as "everything" has always TWO FACES .... this was the GOOD NEWS and the quite bad new is that it's not
the one used on the F-16 but it's coming from an F-15 !

I kept this relative secret until today as You people know that moving this stuff around the world is not so easy ....
but .... working for a Logistics and Transportation Company sometimes has its flavours !
The Seat is actually laying in one  Italian Airport and on monday we'll check the documents and if all is fine
i'll be getting it in the middle of the week.

So guys ... HAPPY, EXCITED and PROUD i'm glad to introduce you:

MY ACES II

Front View
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/frontseat.jpg
Strale Project

Right Side View
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/rightseat.jpg
Strale Project

Left Side View
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/leftsideseat.jpg
Strale Project

Back View
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/rearseat.jpg
Strale Project

Of course i'm firmly decided to modify it to the F-16 style ... so
i found the kneeguards (and they're on the way to me)
I'm in the need to find the FRONT LOWER PANEL 'cause probably i will have to make some works there too
but can't tell anything till i have it in my hands.

Guys .... i'm HAPPY ! now i can declare the HUNT FOR PARTS - CLOSED FOREVER ! (well .... let's hope nobody steal it from the airport... LOL)

Offline Killratio

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #458 on: September 16, 2011, 09:45:29 PM »
Congratulations Davide!!!!

The Holy Grail...... :biggrin: :beer: :cheerleader:

Darryl
PROUD SUPPORTER OF:

AND
[url=http://s24.photobucket.com/user/Ki

Offline Lento

• Maj. General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #459 on: September 17, 2011, 02:06:24 AM »
yahuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!
wonderful  purchase!  :yihaw:

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #460 on: September 18, 2011, 11:02:45 AM »
well,

now let's have a look at the wonderful CPD
i hooked just the switches and the rotary encoder ... wiring for the pushbutton has yet to be done.

but i was really excited to try it ... so .... here's the first video.

Hope you all enjoy !

A GREAT THANKS to Jay, Mike and Chris to have made this dream come truth

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/?action=view&current=Cpd.mp4

Offline Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • Kukki?s F-16 website
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #461 on: September 18, 2011, 01:45:09 PM »
SUPER Davide, great work.

I can see you have the window top and buttom border on ??  have you set it to window mode?
Kukki - (Skype: kukki_22)

Offline gancio

• -=VP Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #462 on: September 19, 2011, 01:54:30 PM »
Ahahah
 :clap:
Finally it landed!
I'm so happy!!! Very good  strike m8.
 :cheerleader:
Giorgio

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #463 on: September 20, 2011, 06:00:49 PM »
GOT IT !
today was a great day for me ! Finally the ACES II is in my hands ....
and even if i was back from a business trip (just a small deviation) i couldn't refrain to spend some time with "him"

I knew there were two places where the frame was a little bit bent ..... so this evening i made a TRY
I took two pieces of woods, and with two small vises i begun to apply pressure to try to align them ..
WHAT A SURPRISE ... it's working ! Damn .... this is a very difficult alu to bend ... but hell having a longer and wider surface
where to apply the pressure it's the trick ! ..... the upper right side is now straight ....
then i made the same with the upper back right side and left the vises in place ... i'll check at my return !

As soon as i will get the ACESII kneeguards ... i'll begin to figure out how to modify it .... and i'll DO IT !

More to come as soon as possible .... and please if there's some friend over there ... begin to "pray" for me ... LOL

Offline Catcher

• -=VP Donor=-
  • General
  • Homebuild
  • VP Awards : Bronze Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #464 on: September 20, 2011, 07:29:33 PM »
Woooowwww that is sooo awesome :beer:!

You might try heating another piece of aircraft aluminum(if you have that?), and then bend to see how it behaves.
Otherwise you might replace the bended areas with aluminium that has the same thickness.