Rufus' Ride - Block 50 Pit Progress... by Rufus
[March 23, 2017, 03:17:33 PM]

FULL Aluminium HUDBLOCK by Kukki
[March 23, 2017, 07:40:06 AM]

F-16 fuselage by simpit
[March 22, 2017, 06:11:32 PM]

Rednecks 3D printed ICP project by Redneck
[March 22, 2017, 10:30:47 AM]

Author Topic: Strale Project  (Read 191955 times)

Marvin

Strale Project
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2004, 06:47:37 PM »
Davide,

IMO I would concentrate on a late C model rather than an A model as Falcon and the soon to come FO model the C model.  You can easily make an accurate looking C instrument panel out of wood or whatever you choose.  It's nice to have the real deal if that is your cup of tea, but you can easily compensate for a fabricated main instrument panel with all those goodies you have!

Jody

Quote from: "Strale"
Quote from: "Marvin"
Davide,

I was just curious?  Are you not putting "A" model stick in your cockpit rather than a late block model stick?

Jody

Well Jody .... the main problem is that i was able to find the main instrument panel only from an A model ..... but was very lucky with the panels... having quite all from the C model .... when i will start the building (still looking for a structurel part) will decide if i will use the original main instrumen or will build a C model in wood ....

Hope to have satisfied your curiosity .....

Cheers

Davide

Offline Biggles

• General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2004, 07:20:52 PM »
Anyone ever heard that song by Johnny Cash ?
Its called Cadillac.

It resembles the pit i am building.

Biggles.

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2004, 03:14:04 AM »
Davide,

IMO I would concentrate on a late C model rather than an A model as Falcon and the soon to come FO model the C model.  You can easily make an accurate looking C instrument panel out of wood or whatever you choose.  It's nice to have the real deal if that is your cup of tea, but you can easily compensate for a fabricated main instrument panel with all those goodies you have!

Jody

Davide,

I was just curious?  Are you not putting "A" model stick in your cockpit rather than a late block model stick?

Jody

Well Jody .... the main problem is that i was able to find the main instrument panel only from an A model ..... but was very lucky with the panels... having quite all from the C model .... when i will start the building (still looking for a structurel part) will decide if i will use the original main instrumen or will build a C model in wood ....

Hope to have satisfied your curiosity .....

Cheers

Davide

Jody,
you're right ! and probably this will be what i will do ..... but i'm still a little bit too far from my "building step" .... and i've not lost the hope to find a real block 50's main instrument panel .....
Strale (Skype: Strale_64)

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
Time to update !!!
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2004, 06:09:36 AM »
Ok ....
sometimes my "job" gives back some satisfaction !
I was able to find an original KY58 backlited panel  and .........

this is what i made !

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/Ky58.jpg
Strale Project

Ok .. ok ! ... probably knobs are not the same as the real panel .... but saw many of these and always found some differences.

Then i made a DEAL (yep... CAPS LOCK !!!!) with this almost unfoundable item:
Wanna see some drooling faces then !! eh eh eh eh

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/P1010036.jpg
Strale Project

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/P1010041.jpg
Strale Project

Cheers All !

Davide

Offline Ka-Bar03

• - Mike -
  • Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2004, 02:03:26 PM »
Very Nice parts Strale, thanks for posting the pics of them, they will be quite a bit of help when I get to making those panels. Also, Jason has a very good Front Console model drawn up that I have built, C -blk 50-52, it might be an avenue for you if you can't find one. I'll post a pic of mine in the comming days into my thread so you can see it.

Click Above For Information

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2004, 02:30:00 PM »
Kabar,

what i don't have is time ... otherwise i would have just uploaded all the dimensions for that stuff .... but ..... as next monday i will begin a new job I really hope to have more time to dedicate to our common passion !!!!!

So really hope to be more helpfull in next months .....

As for the Main Instrument Panel ... DAMN .... you turn a knife into my bleeding enjury ...... If only i could be able to find it !!!!! It's making me mad !!!!!!!

So ... any offer is greately appreciated !!!

Cheers YOU ALL !

Davide

Offline Crease-Guard

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2004, 09:33:02 PM »
Dude, that ECM is SWEET!!!!  You got an extra?? hehehe

Jay

bluumax

Strale Project
« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2004, 01:41:34 AM »
Man, Those are really great pics of the panels! You sure are one lucky dude!!
 Guys like you make it possible for the rest of us to fake it with at least a bit of accuracy, since we can get a good look at the panels.
I'm glad I didn't start really building my panels until this summer.
 I would think it possible to convert that to a c Block if you really wanted to.
Keep up the great work. Shawn

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Thanks !
« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2004, 02:34:28 PM »
Jay,
...  :D  :D  :D ..... if i could be able to find another one .... damn .... i would be within the happiest men around the world .... you know ... sometimes it happens to be unable to find even a little screw .... then .... you get a "shot of ass" (letteral translation from Italian to English ... well .... it's slang of course and surely not educated ! but it's a good way to "render" an idea....)
But you know that i'm still far from ....but .... "little step ..... little step" (who ever saw the movie "contact" ????) i'm getting nearer !

Now i'm working on a EWS panel   :oops: .. hope to show the job soon !!!!

Shawn .... thanks for the kind word ... but.... you can bet that i'm in the very last place (if i ever entered in....) in the list of the "Guys that make things possible" .... well .... if i had more time and more "bucks" ... maybe i could be of better help ....

Cheers and all the Best to ALL !

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Another Nice item: CMDS
« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2004, 05:41:27 PM »
Dudes,
i've been far for a while ... but here i'm coming back with some nice pictures of one of my last acquired items.

I had the chance to put my hands on a complete CMDS panel .. and .... well ... here it is ! ... It took some time to light up those damned lamps... but something is done. Next more difficult step will be to try to understand how work those "@@##@###" display i found inside !!!!

First picture is how it appears in sun light:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/CMDS_lights_2.jpg
Strale Project

Second picture is how it appears in the dark !

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/CMDS_lights_1.jpg
Strale Project

If anyone has some info on the ann. lamps MS90451-7152AS15 i will really appreciate it !

Best Wishes all !

Davide

Offline Crease-Guard

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2004, 12:28:24 AM »
That looks pretty sweet there Davide.  I had forgotten you had that ECM panel, makes me drool every time I see that.  That suckers rarer then hens teeth.

Jay

Offline drit

• LT. General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
Re: Another Nice item: CMDS
« Reply #56 on: November 28, 2004, 05:29:00 AM »
If anyone has some info on the ann. lamps MS90451-7152AS15 i will really appreciate it !

http://www.sundialandpanel.com/products/panels/378-18.htm
http://www.oshino-lamps.fr/rubriques/produits/pages%20produits/T-1%20Short%20Wire%20Terminal.htm

Offline Flareless

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2004, 09:14:23 AM »
Great score Davide!  I've never seen those "Go" and "No Go" lamps.  Do you have any details about them or about when they light up?  I don't believe they're represented in the Falcon 4 pit (at least I don't recall seeing them before).

Thanks for the link Drit!  That site is going to be pretty cool once they've finished construction.
Blue Skies,

Flareless
Lower West Side Studio

Offline Ka-Bar03

• - Mike -
  • Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #58 on: November 28, 2004, 10:22:17 AM »
Nice catch Strale!

Click Above For Information

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Re: Another Nice item: CMDS
« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2004, 12:08:10 PM »
Quote from: "drit"

http://www.sundialandpanel.com/products/panels/378-18.htm
http://www.oshino-lamps.fr/rubriques/produits/pages%20produits/T-1%20Short%20Wire%20Terminal.htm

Thanks Drit ... but checked those site yet ... and didn't find the info i need.
In any case thanks again !

Davide