INBOUND's PIT by Nigel
[August 16, 2017, 02:08:57 AM]

Thunder's Trainer by Thunder
[August 13, 2017, 07:41:27 PM]

Henkie's pit by Kukki
[August 12, 2017, 12:08:54 PM]

Upcoming parts by henkie
[August 11, 2017, 12:06:17 PM]

Author Topic: Strale Project  (Read 210545 times)

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
Re: Strale Project
« Reply #435 on: May 09, 2010, 07:53:17 AM »
Holy Cow !
you're right ! .... i really don't have any clue on what happened !
I changed the computer (the previous one had a small Mb that didn't allow to mount the HD4850X2 video board)
and the audio went out ! All drivers are installed all seems to be fine but i can't hear anything !
Weird stuff!
I need to investigate !

Cheers

Davide
AWESOME job, mate!! You have a lot of stuff working and are getting closer to the end. WOW. I wish you had a speaker on the computer. Can you make another one with the audio on?
Nigel
Strale (Skype: Strale_64)

Offline Killratio

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #436 on: May 09, 2010, 10:38:10 AM »
Great stuff Davide.

Isn't hunting down weird computer problems a pain in the asspadistra?

Darryl

PROUD SUPPORTER OF:

AND
[url=http://s24.photobucket.com/user/Ki

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #437 on: November 14, 2010, 11:48:26 AM »
Holy Cow ! More than 120 days since my last update !

Ok .... nothing really serious but i finally was able to Find what I was still missing from my Trainer !

Guess What ??? (nope sadly it's not the seat)

the Map&Stowage box !
so here it is my new baby !

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/P1010026-3.jpg
Strale Project

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/P1010025-5.jpg
Strale Project

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/P1010023-6.jpg
Strale Project

just in the need of a fresh paint and then will be ready to be installed !

Offline TOR

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #438 on: November 14, 2010, 01:41:39 PM »
Multi bene  :thumbsup:

Do NOT paint it mate.... real stuff is always worn & used, and besides - the black stains will be underneath the DTU-panel anyway, all out of sight.

TOR

Offline Nigel

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #439 on: November 14, 2010, 05:29:27 PM »
Leave it alone!! That box looks great! Hey, you know that it is from my trainer? That guy was selling all the parts that came from one of the Fam trainers that String, Lightning, myself and Valcor have. We all missed out on some of those parts, that is the only map box I have ever seen come up for sale so congrats to you. It looks like it is metal an d that is good because I can tell you from experience that the real ones are plastic that is not aging well. All of them are shrinking, discoloring and cracking badly. The replica from Shockwave or this one would be a better choice than a real one now that you can get the stickers from Aeyes.
Nigel

Offline AJ212

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • Brig.General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #440 on: November 15, 2010, 08:29:28 PM »
Strale,

...after more than 120 days searching for his map box finaly back in Action...  :harhar:  :lolsign:

...nice work  ;)

...I got ShockWave's map box! It's also a work of art and fits perfect!

:vprules:

BR,
AJ212
AJ212 - Pit Project Status:
http://www.viperpits.org/smf/index.php?topic=2924.0

- - - Almost done yet - - -

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #441 on: November 23, 2010, 08:09:57 AM »
Well still nothing interesting to show as the PIT is under maintenance ....
as i probably wrote somewhere i wasn't happy with the wiring ..... too many wires laying around and a mess in case of  maintenance .... so unplugged the panels and back to work !
this time will be the right time !

but i'm going to experiment something for the visual system !

just acquired two projectors .... one is DLP at 2650 ansi and one is LDC very bright at 4000 ansi !
tested resolution and i can PUMP THEM UP ......
then got also a MATROX TRIPLEHEAD2GO digital ...... and now enquiring a company for a small curved screen .... (damn just the software is something near 500 dollars...)
if i have interesting news i will let you know.

Offline Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Kukki?s F-16 website
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #442 on: November 23, 2010, 08:31:39 AM »
Hey Strale, super update, and I can tell you that im at the same position, too messy wiring, problems with Arends powerboard for backlighting, but he is working on it, and some analog dimming boards too.

So not much at my side too.

Kukki
Kukki - (Skype: kukki_22)

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #443 on: November 23, 2010, 09:49:50 AM »
Well Kurt,
the wiring is of course one of the most important parts to plan carefully ! but of course
we're usually too excited to have things working that we don't take as much care as required to wire up correctly and to organize cables in harnesses (that's the better way to work with)

So as i really was tired to mess with all those flying cables i decided to work differently !
I prepared a box with the Gammaray and on two sides i will have about 20 db15 for imputs
then i'll make harnesses from the aircraft panels to the interfacing board .... something like Nigel did ..... i love his layout ....

then i'll work on the outputs ....

It will take some time .. but it is surely worth it.

Cheers

Hey Strale, super update, and I can tell you that im at the same position, too messy wiring, problems with Arends powerboard for backlighting, but he is working on it, and some analog dimming boards too.

So not much at my side too.

Kukki

Offline Taipan

• General
  • VP Awards : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #444 on: November 23, 2010, 03:00:59 PM »
davide
Good luck with the curved screen, i hope you nail it.

Have you spoken to bhawthorne on this forum, and on fighterops forum, and also on the nthusim site ? He seems very knowledgeable on this

If you haven't seen nthusim, it is a piece of software designed to handle curved screen projection rather well. I think it is near impossible to do well unkess you managed the curvature because a conventional projector will distort. Maybe 2 wont distort so much - not sure, but i expect so.
T
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 03:45:34 PM by Taipan »
"If the heat don't get you........"

Offline lumper

• Brig.General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #445 on: November 24, 2010, 01:44:51 PM »
Strale,

Look at this page, as it is Gene B's  solution to a collimated display:

http://www.diy-cockpits.org/coll/collimated_display.html

it has some pictures and a video or two.

Lumper
Bob "Lumper" Phillips
When the going gets tough, the smart cut out

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #446 on: April 28, 2011, 11:39:41 AM »
Hi everybody !

well someone may ask ... "whare have you been so far" ??? I know ... i've been far from here for some time but during spare time i'm going on with my "re-wiring" phase !
YEP ! if you don't do it right the first time .... you probably will have to do it again !
And that's a BIG TRUTH !
So ..... i removed all the panels from the pit, all the electronic boards and all the mess of cable that i was hating so much .... and went for a more efficient and clean wiring !
So after having quite finished the imput box (only one located on the left front pit) i begun and finally ended to prepare the electronic box for output of the left side
I was able to find a quite suitable metal enclosure and fitted inside the Efflux expansion board with its interface, one LOHV-64 and one DO10-Re5 unit !
The most time consuming part of this is the wiring .... i know that it might have been done better ... but i'm quite happy with it !

Here the results. Just one more thing to do ! wiring the Relay ... but it will be done asap !

Here in the MIDDLE of the Jobhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/P1010052-3.jpg
Strale Project

and here how it looks like today !
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/P1010053-3.jpg
Strale Project

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/P1010056-2.jpg
Strale Project

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/P1010054-2.jpg
Strale Project

Now i'm making all the harnesses from the panels to the output box ! another very time consuming task !

Cheers everybody !

Offline Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Kukki?s F-16 website
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #447 on: April 28, 2011, 12:03:58 PM »
Great work there Davide  :thumbsup:
It looks good  :thumbsup:
Wirring is good  :thumbsup:
and when it all funtion, all is good  :thumbsup:

one thing you are so spot on is "take your time and do the work proper the first time" or you will do it over again  :whistle:
been there some time now.

good progress, and soon my friend we will fly in the V-SKY  :whistle:

Kukki
Kukki - (Skype: kukki_22)

Offline MrBones

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • LT. General
  • VP Awards : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • The F-16 Simulator Project
    • Awards
« Reply #448 on: April 28, 2011, 12:13:15 PM »
Nice and clean Davide.  :thumbsup:  This is one part of the pit work that I fear the most.  I don't wont to fry any expensive boards.

Mike

Offline gancio

• -=VP Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #449 on: April 29, 2011, 04:18:09 AM »
Nice one m8.
 ;)
I'm doing a woodworker  :roll:
Enjoy your wiring!
 :D
Giorgio