Blaze's Pit by Kukki
[September 13, 2017, 03:17:33 PM]

Rodsei's Pit by rodsei
[September 13, 2017, 02:09:24 PM]

Azul's Pit by sagrzmnky
[September 12, 2017, 12:55:01 PM]

Pikachu's Home Pit by Hero
[September 12, 2017, 01:00:55 AM]

Author Topic: Strale Project  (Read 214627 times)

Offline Nigel

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Awards
Re: Strale Project
« Reply #300 on: May 25, 2008, 05:22:10 AM »
Davide and everyone,
Here is something that can help make all interior wiring look nice. Not just look nice, but you can split off a branch and still cover it. This is great for bundles that are already complete and have the connectors too large to fit through normal braided sleeve. Lots of colors so you can color code your bundles. Go here to this link.
Cheers,
Nigel

http://cableorganizer.com/

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm64/NigelTufnel11/woven-wrao-tool-red3.jpg
Strale Project

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #301 on: July 15, 2008, 04:34:25 PM »
Guys

It's time to PROUDLY INTRODUCE the NEW SKINNED TRAINER !
Just taking a rest a tthe Skinning Facility !!!!

Just need a fresh paintjob (just ordered the Right FS to a professional
color maker ....)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/CIMG1690.jpg
Strale Project

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/CIMG1693.jpg
Strale Project

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/CIMG1694.jpg
Strale Project

Hope You'll enjoy them !

Cheers All !
Strale (Skype: Strale_64)

Offline 101-Douxx

• You shall never fail... If you do! Try harder.
  • -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • You shall never fail... If you do! Try harder!!!!!
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts
    • 101-Douxx's squadron Website
    • Awards
« Reply #302 on: July 15, 2008, 05:02:22 PM »
Just one word!!!

!!!WOW!!!
You shall never fail... If you do... Try harder!!! ;)

Stephane "Douxx" Bourdouxhe
101ECV-QAF
Owner of Cougar#5795 ?2NXT#197
Cougar#4276 RibbStick#29
Cougar#11527 Stock
Simped F-16+
Cockpit site

Offline Nigel

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #303 on: July 15, 2008, 08:54:18 PM »
WOW IS RIGHT!!
You are going to have the most bad-ass pit in the world, Davide! HOLY SHEEP SHIT!! THAT IS AWESOME!!

Offline Nigel

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #304 on: July 15, 2008, 08:57:22 PM »
Hey Davide!! I just realized you have the same parts in the forward bulkhead that Jay has. The whole front mount for the HUD. Before you cover it up we need very detailed pics and dims.
Thanks, Nigel
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 02:38:55 AM by Nigel »

Offline Killratio

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #305 on: July 16, 2008, 12:57:36 AM »
Davide,

looking good

Darryl
PROUD SUPPORTER OF:

AND
[url=http://s24.photobucket.com/user/Ki

Offline Squid

• -=VP Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Presentation Thread
    • Awards
« Reply #306 on: July 16, 2008, 03:27:29 AM »
This is really looking good, I hope to be able to do half as good  :hail:
Still in search of something to say ...

Offline Nigel

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #307 on: July 16, 2008, 06:24:49 AM »
Hey Davide!
Is that skin fiberglass or aluminum? It looks great!
Nigel

Offline heines

• aviation collector
  • -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #308 on: July 16, 2008, 01:44:46 PM »
looking good there man  :yihaw:
would love to see it with some paint

realy nice work

cheers

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #309 on: July 17, 2008, 06:10:50 PM »
Dave,
it's fiberglass .... sheet applyed on a metal net following the ribs

Hey Davide!
Is that skin fiberglass or aluminum? It looks great!
Nigel

Offline Feathers

• -=VP Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #310 on: July 18, 2008, 12:50:26 PM »
Davide,
Great job on the skinning.  I can hardly recognizre the trainer.  I feel like I have trainer children all over the world now.   hehehehehehehe.   For those that don't know I used to own that trainer when it was just a bare metal skeleton.  It seems to have travelled all over the world and now has a good home.   Its actually a pretty rare item.   There are only 19 of these trainers left in the entire world.  I talked to the program manager in the military that is in charge of all the trainers and he gave me the history on this trainer. 

The trainer was actually bigger when i first got it.  The trainer has the cockpit section which sits on a heavy steel frame and there used to be another steel box frame under that which added another 2 feet to the height and 1000 pounds to the weight.  I removed that section and scrapped it as it was just far to big and heavy.    When I first bought the trainer I had a tough time getting it in a truck and back to my garage since it was so dang big and heavy.

The trainer is a Weapons Trainer and has lots of room for all the computers it used to have.  There is one at the WPAFB museum and a few in storage.   But with only 19 still in existence its actually a pretty cool thing to own.  GREAT JOB DAVIDE !

Davide, one of these days I'll post all the pics I have of it of when i first got it.  :-)
Take care
Jim

Offline Squid

• -=VP Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Presentation Thread
    • Awards
« Reply #311 on: July 18, 2008, 01:06:36 PM »
Feather, how the hell did you send such a big thing to Italy ?

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #312 on: July 18, 2008, 03:31:28 PM »
 :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
That's a quite long Tale SKIN !

eh eh eh eh eh

I was not the first in Europe to OWN that.
The original buyer is a great friend of me and when he was dealing with Jim about it .... (as i'm working for a freight society) i gave him all the assistance to avoid issues with Customs.

Then .... after i while i had the chance to acquire it ... and i did it !

Take Care

Feather, how the hell did you send such a big thing to Italy ?

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #313 on: July 18, 2008, 03:36:29 PM »
Jim,
I'd bet it !
the sckeleton is still the same ... but may mods were done since i got it

1) the Original Block 10 instrument panel was swapped with a block 52
2) the left aux was slightly modified to the block 52 look (just filled the LeFlap hole
3) The Right Aux was swapped with Martin's replica (and it fits like a glove !
4) the HUD support was rivetted
5) last but not least the Skinning !!! and damn guys i'm really proud of it !

Adn Jim will help again as i ordered his stencils to paint the correct labels on the skinning ! Can't wait to the end of the paint job !

Jim ... would be great if you could post the pictures of the trainer as you got it ! Damn ...... i still have in "mind" the sadness for having lost the seat !

Davide,
Great job on the skinning.  I can hardly recognizre the trainer.  I feel like I have trainer children all over the world now.   hehehehehehehe.   For those that don't know I used to own that trainer when it was just a bare metal skeleton.  It seems to have travelled all over the world and now has a good home.   Its actually a pretty rare item.   There are only 19 of these trainers left in the entire world.  I talked to the program manager in the military that is in charge of all the trainers and he gave me the history on this trainer. 

The trainer was actually bigger when i first got it.  The trainer has the cockpit section which sits on a heavy steel frame and there used to be another steel box frame under that which added another 2 feet to the height and 1000 pounds to the weight.  I removed that section and scrapped it as it was just far to big and heavy.    When I first bought the trainer I had a tough time getting it in a truck and back to my garage since it was so dang big and heavy.

The trainer is a Weapons Trainer and has lots of room for all the computers it used to have.  There is one at the WPAFB museum and a few in storage.   But with only 19 still in existence its actually a pretty cool thing to own.  GREAT JOB DAVIDE !

Davide, one of these days I'll post all the pics I have of it of when i first got it.  :-)
Take care
Jim

Offline Squid

• -=VP Donor=-
  • General
    • Presentation Thread
    • Awards
« Reply #314 on: July 18, 2008, 03:59:47 PM »
So that was the story behind. But you said "lost the seat" ? Seems like another long story ...