Grease Monkey's Pit by sagrzmnky
[February 24, 2017, 03:00:16 AM]

Falcon Pit block 52+ from Poland by Ski
[February 23, 2017, 05:53:03 PM]

Henkie's pit by KK
[February 21, 2017, 03:51:04 AM]

F-16 fuselage by simpit
[February 20, 2017, 05:54:18 PM]

Author Topic: Strale Project  (Read 188577 times)

Offline Boxer

• -=VP Donor=-
  • Col.
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
Re: Strale Project
« Reply #270 on: September 06, 2007, 03:47:09 PM »
There are a couple of possible answers to the problems with NOZ and FTIT in the shared mem.  I think in the BMS code that you guys have access to with the OF package that both are "compromised" as a result of historical programming (they've always been wrong) and that I don't have round gauges for those hooked up in our project so I haven't until rather recently looked at fixing those (mostly because you all are starting to have nice gauges and are seeing the problems).  Getting these gauges to work shouldn't be this hard...sorry that it didn't get fixed long ago...my bad.

However, moving forward...  Two possible answers would be:

1) to model what these do in real jets.  You can imagine that as equivalent to a better engine model being present in the game exe and the shared memory fixed to export a "correct" set of values.  Of course in this case since updated exe code isn't possible something like F4IM updates to provide values might be needed instead; or

2) to get the external gauges to mirror what you see on the 2D and 3D pit art gauges in the game exe as it runs for the version of the exe code that you have.  Again, I think implementation in the short term would have to be through something like F4IM since updated exe code isn't on the cards.

Oh and obviously only speaking for BMS derived code here...can't help with the other dialects since I don't have any insight on those.

Option 1 could be more code to implement since the relationship to values that are available and correct (rpm among them) is non-linear (there are numercial modeling filter functions involved to get this stuff "right").

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #271 on: September 06, 2007, 05:49:41 PM »
Great Video Davide!!!!  :yihaw:  :beer: First time I have seen a vid of them moving. "Jay" :whistle:

Thanks for taking the time to vid and post it!! A plus is the Godfather like accent of your English :biggrin: (Very Good)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK35FDKrhn0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK35FDKrhn0</a>

Hey Mate... thanks for your nice words ...
damn .. it was the very first time i took a video (got the camera on tuesday....) tryed to place some titles and credits and then uploaded it to Youtube ... but for the first time i'm quite glad of the result

As for my english ... well you know it seems that Men have some difficulties while dealing with many matters at a time (speaking, looking at the camera's monitor, hearing wife addressing "Did you burnt your Brain ??" (honey..... i'm a pitbuilder .. i don't have ANY brain at all !!!), pressing "buttons" on the keyboard ... and well ... it was the first time ! eh eh eh ......) can't hide i was not completely confortable ....
Have i been too ..... "schoolish" ?

What you mean exactely for "Godfather like" ?

Cheers

Davide

Strale (Skype: Strale_64)

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #272 on: September 06, 2007, 05:59:19 PM »
A plus is the Godfather like accent of your English :biggrin: (Very Good)

Yeah and now I live in fear of waking up with the head of a dead horse in my bed if I don't fix the FTIT and NOZ gauges soon.  :o :hangman:

Leo,
i think that the day that someone will knock your door with a large package ....... well .... won't be for the FTIT and NOZ .... eh eh eh eh
I'm confortable for an easy fix on the FTIT ny ourselves (just a matter of filling the stages with the right values
B.t.w. Jay ... i don't think (hope someone else can join this discussion) that the FTIT has to follow what you see on the screen (i mean ... 0?C for long time before moving....) I think that when the JSF is running the temperature is near to the zero ... but as soon as you begin to feed fuel for the start up procedure and the Engine begins to rise up RPMs .... also the also the FTIT should rise up.
I read somewhere that the F100 is damned HOT than the F110 ... causing FTIT to be around 650 / 750? C just at the end of the Run Up.

As per the NOZZLE ... hope in the HELP of some OF guru ..... really can't think at anything else that a rework in the SIM.

But getting back to the first issues ......

Just THINK on how to fix the issues with the RWR and to find out some solution for teh CMDS's display .....
that one of the major issues i can see and for wich .... Horses should stay far from me for a while ! LOL

eh eh eh eh

Cheers and THANKS AGAIN for Your PRECIOUS WORK !

Offline lightning

• -=VP Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Software Guru Award: Awarded to those with special software skills : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts
    • Lightning's Tools
    • Awards
« Reply #273 on: September 06, 2007, 06:03:31 PM »
"Godfather", as in the Mafia boss title, popularized by the movie, "The Godfather" --I'd say the comment was referring to your Italian-accented English, which is quite good, Davide!

I was watching the video last night on my laptop and Krista overheard the audio from across the room and was like, "Who's that?"  Your voice sounds familiar to people here in the States, but so far I can't identify who exactly it reminds me of...then again I am pretty bad when it comes to celebrity names.  But if I remember right, Marlon Brando sounds a helluva lot different than Davide ;)

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #274 on: September 06, 2007, 06:25:33 PM »
"Godfather", as in the Mafia boss title, popularized by the movie, "The Godfather" --I'd say the comment was referring to your Italian-accented English, which is quite good, Davide!

I was watching the video last night on my laptop and Krista overheard the audio from across the room and was like, "Who's that?"  Your voice sounds familiar to people here in the States, but so far I can't identify who exactly it reminds me of...then again I am pretty bad when it comes to celebrity names.  But if I remember right, Marlon Brando sounds a helluva lot different than Davide ;)

Damn ...
and I'm Italian ... I swear i never thought at "PADRINO" ... godfather .... eh eh eh eh probably 'cause i'm from NORTH of ITALY and not SOUTH .... eh eh eh ... HEY .. that's not nice ! LOL .....
next time i will try to record a song ! LOL ... maybe ...."Love Me Tender??" while running up gauges ....

LeoL

« Reply #275 on: September 06, 2007, 06:34:46 PM »
Hey! What do you have against the south? :mad: Careful, not a word about Calabria! :bat:

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #276 on: September 06, 2007, 06:45:26 PM »
Hey! What do you have against the south? :mad: Careful, not a word about Calabria! :bat:

AH AH AH AH ..... Dear Leo,
Are still your friends there used to PLANT PEAS with GUN's SHOTS ?? eh eh eh eh.
mate .. just kidding ... but you know Il Padrino (or the GodFather) is not one of the most nice things we - italians - "exported" to the USA
and please refrain to add "Pasta and Pizza" otherwise i might get HOT  :bat: :bat: :bat:

Ciao Cump? !

Offline lightning

• -=VP Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Software Guru Award: Awarded to those with special software skills : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts
    • Lightning's Tools
    • Awards
« Reply #277 on: September 06, 2007, 06:53:31 PM »
Il Padrino (or the GodFather) is not one of the most nice things we - italians - "exported" to the USA

Blame Sicily.  "Autonomous region", and all...

LeoL

« Reply #278 on: September 06, 2007, 07:17:06 PM »
:mad:...silently cleans the Lupara...writes down Davide's address...buys plane ticket online for Italy...

Alright we've derailed your thread long enough. Now get back to building and posting.  :beer:

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #279 on: September 07, 2007, 05:01:37 AM »
:mad:...silently cleans the Lupara...writes down Davide's address...buys plane ticket online for Italy...

Alright we've derailed your thread long enough. Now get back to building and posting.  :beer:

I'm getting scared !!!!
Cheers

Davide

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #280 on: April 19, 2008, 06:43:09 PM »
Sadly can't show any picture but i came back to work on the Pit and
first thing I made was to Work on the HOTAS !

So a Cougar was "salvaged" to take out the electronics .. and after some hours
of DEEP SOLDERING this evening i made a try firing up the Cougar's electronics with the real BLOCK 52 SSC.

After plugging the USB cable in the Computer and hearing the classical sound (new hardware detected) i told my self: HALF THE WAY is DONE !
Quick check on the Gaming Hardware and DAMN !!! IT'S THERE ...
all is working FINE

TOMORROW will be the DAY of the LVDT ! Wish me Luck Guys !

Davide

Offline maestro209

• Brig.General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • The World Famous Deltahawks
    • Awards
« Reply #281 on: April 21, 2008, 09:14:28 PM »
probably 'cause i'm from NORTH of ITALY and not SOUTH .... eh eh eh ... HEY .. that's not nice !

That's very similar to the conversation I had with a nice Tuscan inn keeper gentleman while visiting in 2002. We were discussing all the 'finer' quality's Italy has 'exported' to the USA. He stated "we export Asparagus, Artichokes and the mafia." later that evening he was kind enough to call us a cab for our trip back via Siena's train station. While talking to several people at multiple cab companies, he raised the receiver wiped his brow and stated "they do not know what I'm saying because they are from souther Italy! They don't speak Italian!" We all started rolling in laughter. We were afraid that after all his very generous effort we were going to have to walk the 12 km to Siena's train station. He did manage to secure us a ride. Needless to say his generosity, that conversation and the striking beauty of Tuscany in April are prominent memories of that trip!

An additional memory is of the Piazza Del Campo. Standing in it's center one finds it difficult to comprehend racing horses at full speed in that small space!

Before this becomes derailed completely. Nice work on the gauges! They look and work beautifully!

>M
gt;Maestro209

Go, Go, Gadget hot glue gun!

SirCedric_VIAF

« Reply #282 on: April 22, 2008, 02:59:42 AM »
Bah,  :lol: for most north italians we, in Rome, are in the deep south. :D . They tink the south start above Firenze, we think, otherwise, the south start above Cassino  :biggrin:, may be in Naples they are thinking it start just before Salerno.

Anyway...well done and good job Davide.

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #283 on: April 25, 2008, 04:51:06 PM »
Guys,

GREAT DAY TODAY !!!!
With the assistance of MARV DE BEQUE (thanks mate !)
TODAY the REAL SSC was taken back to LIFE !!!!

When I had to "salvage" the COUGAR well .... was really and HARD DAY ... but
dunno if You can figure out the satisfaction i had when this evening i hooked all the things up.
fired the two power suppliers, plugged the cougar's board USB cable in the computer and launched teh Cougar Control Panel,

The SSC is still not installed on the consolle .. so calibration was made with a not blocked stick ....
but got in any case a quite good calibration.

Launched OF .... and made FIRST FLIGHT

GORGEOUS !!!!! The movement is smooth, precise with no flicklering !

Just to let You know my happiness that all is running fine !

Cheers All

Davide

Offline Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • Kukki?s F-16 website
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #284 on: April 25, 2008, 05:31:11 PM »
Great work Strale. Looking forward to see some pics.

Kukki
Kukki - (Skype: kukki_22)