Rufus' Ride - Block 50 Pit Progress... by Rufus
[March 23, 2017, 03:17:33 PM]

FULL Aluminium HUDBLOCK by Kukki
[March 23, 2017, 07:40:06 AM]

F-16 fuselage by simpit
[March 22, 2017, 06:11:32 PM]

Rednecks 3D printed ICP project by Redneck
[March 22, 2017, 10:30:47 AM]

Author Topic: Strale Project  (Read 191956 times)

Offline Jarrod66

• -=VP Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
Re: Strale Project
« Reply #255 on: September 05, 2007, 06:30:11 PM »
Now that was AWESOME!!!...I can't wait to get mine up and running.

Great Work Davide...

Jarrod

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #256 on: September 05, 2007, 06:32:26 PM »
Mate,
did you see i gave also credits to Your great work ?
hope you appreciate.
Cheers
Davide
Strale (Skype: Strale_64)

Offline 101-Douxx

• You shall never fail... If you do! Try harder.
  • -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • You shall never fail... If you do! Try harder!!!!!
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts
    • 101-Douxx's squadron Website
    • Awards
« Reply #257 on: September 05, 2007, 06:42:37 PM »
Great Work!

I wish I'd have my gauges casing so I could plug all my BetaInnovation gauges.

Thanks for charing.

Leo will be proud of this accomplishment.
You shall never fail... If you do... Try harder!!! ;)

Stephane "Douxx" Bourdouxhe
101ECV-QAF
Owner of Cougar#5795 ?2NXT#197
Cougar#4276 RibbStick#29
Cougar#11527 Stock
Simped F-16+
Cockpit site

Offline Jarrod66

• -=VP Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #258 on: September 05, 2007, 08:03:41 PM »
Mate,
hope you appreciate.
Cheers
Davide

I did see that..... :lol: :lol:...I'm quite proud...Thanks buddy..

Jarrod...

(P.S......101-douxx...Your tubes shipped last Friday so you should have them soon.... :lol: :lol: :lol:  Be sure to let me know when you get them...)

Offline 101-Douxx

• You shall never fail... If you do! Try harder.
  • -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • You shall never fail... If you do! Try harder!!!!!
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts
    • 101-Douxx's squadron Website
    • Awards
« Reply #259 on: September 05, 2007, 09:45:45 PM »
Mate,
hope you appreciate.
Cheers
Davide

I did see that..... :lol: :lol:...I'm quite proud...Thanks buddy..

Jarrod...

(P.S......101-douxx...Your tubes shipped last Friday so you should have them soon.... :lol: :lol: :lol:  Be sure to let me know when you get them...)

Great!!! :yihaw:
I'll do it for sure.
Thanks!
Stephane.
You shall never fail... If you do... Try harder!!! ;)

Stephane "Douxx" Bourdouxhe
101ECV-QAF
Owner of Cougar#5795 ?2NXT#197
Cougar#4276 RibbStick#29
Cougar#11527 Stock
Simped F-16+
Cockpit site

LeoL

« Reply #260 on: September 05, 2007, 11:07:26 PM »
Thanks Strale. I've waited nearly a year and a half to see these gauges in action.  :yihaw:  :beer:

Offline Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Kukki?s F-16 website
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #261 on: September 06, 2007, 02:46:41 AM »
Hey Strale!
Very good video  ;)
I can see you have the NOZ and FTIT working, is it OF you are running?
Have you sorted out the ZERO value on the NOZ and FTIT, if so HOW?

Kukki
Kukki - (Skype: kukki_22)

Offline Crease-Guard

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #262 on: September 06, 2007, 03:01:28 AM »
Thanks Strale. I've waited nearly a year and a half to see these gauges in action.  :yihaw:  :beer:

Oh...that's painful.

Jay

Offline Crease-Guard

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #263 on: September 06, 2007, 03:15:42 AM »
Ok, IIRC, the FTIT 'zero' position in the sh. mem is something like 700.  Now, if you want to mimic falcons FTIT gauge, you have to set the needle to NOT move until the FTIT is something like 784 (or something like that off the top of my head).  The way I did that was to set the min to 700 and max to 784 for the FIRST scale of the FTIT and then have the needle move ONE tic only of the 256 possible.  This way, the needle moves one tic between those values but that one tic is so imperceptible you'll not notice it and you will think you have kept the needle stationary.  Now, you'll get a bit of a different rate of change, i.e., the needle will move faster than what you see on screen, but that's just the way it is.  You'll start to move at the same time and you'll end up at the same number you see on screen.  It works, I've done it and can mimic falcon almost perfectly. 

What you have to do it run OF in "windowed" mode and pause the sim just as you see the needle move for what ever gauge you are calibrating.  Go into F4IM and pull up the sh. mem window with all the values and not what the value is when you paused the sim.  Repeat this a couple times to verify your result.  Do the same for when the needle comes to the resting position and then pause the sim, go back to F4IM and look at the sh. mem value.  Note both of these and then use them for the max and min numbers on the next scale. 

Yes, it's  PITA, blame the original coders of falcon.  BUT, you only have to do it once.  SAVE the file, don't loose it.  My file got zapped while beta testing for Leo.  I went through quite a few hours of testing these gauges to find all these little bugaboos and figure out what was falcon and what was F4IM.  Believe me, it's NOT F4IM.

Oh, FYI, the FTIT temp only goes to like 825 max in the game.  At idle, you should be 575.

Jay

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #264 on: September 06, 2007, 05:54:00 AM »
Hey Strale!
Very good video  ;)
I can see you have the NOZ and FTIT working, is it OF you are running?
Have you sorted out the ZERO value on the NOZ and FTIT, if so HOW?

Kukki

Kukki,
that's AF unfortunately ! And still not completely tweacked the gauges to real values (FTIT mainly)
as per what concerning OF i'm still stuck as actually it seems to be quite impossible to couple the Nozzle to the RPM's data in the shared memory ....

I hope someone will find a solution as soon as possible

Cheers

DAvide

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #265 on: September 06, 2007, 05:59:03 AM »

Hi Leo,

of course there's still some "tweaks" to do ... but i was very glad of the first look !  :yihaw:
Glad you enjoyed them !!! and .... you know that all this wouldn't have possible without YOU !  :beer:

Looking forward to have the chance to put on YOUTUBE (hey AD .. b.t.w. why i wasn't able to hook my video to the youtube linking feature of the forum ??)
a FULL WORKING IP/1310 ALR and the originale display of the
CMDS panel !  ;) ;) ;)

Cheers

Davide

LeoL

« Reply #266 on: September 06, 2007, 11:24:10 AM »
Oh...that's painful.

:reading:

i'm still stuck as actually it seems to be quite impossible to couple the Nozzle to the RPM's data in the shared memory ....

If someone can provide me with a relationship between the NOZ and RPM, I can possibly hardcode a solution into F4IM much like I did for HYD 1&2 and Cabin Pressure.

Offline Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Kukki?s F-16 website
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #267 on: September 06, 2007, 11:59:55 AM »
Hey Leo!
I have mailed Boxer, he is the man there can help.

About hardcode the HYD 1 and 2, I have sent a mail for you so you can see the values.

Kukki
Kukki - (Skype: kukki_22)

Offline Ka-Bar03

• - Mike -
  • Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #268 on: September 06, 2007, 02:11:05 PM »
Great Video Davide!!!!  :yihaw:  :beer: First time I have seen a vid of them moving. "Jay" :whistle:

Thanks for taking the time to vid and post it!! A plus is the Godfather like accent of your English :biggrin: (Very Good)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK35FDKrhn0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK35FDKrhn0</a>

« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 02:37:35 PM by AiRdAncE »

Click Above For Information

LeoL

« Reply #269 on: September 06, 2007, 02:47:52 PM »
A plus is the Godfather like accent of your English :biggrin: (Very Good)

Yeah and now I live in fear of waking up with the head of a dead horse in my bed if I don't fix the FTIT and NOZ gauges soon.  :o :hangman: