Azul's Pit by Azul
[July 13, 2017, 05:46:49 AM]

HUDBLOCK STICKER SET by Kukki
[July 10, 2017, 05:06:50 PM]

mcfrag0815's IKEA IVAR-Pit Project by Boomer
[July 10, 2017, 03:31:14 AM]

Falcon Pit block 52+ from Poland by mac.pel
[July 09, 2017, 01:38:50 PM]

Author Topic: Strale Project  (Read 205763 times)

Offline mihi4

• General
  • VP Awards : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • http://www.f16simulator.net
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #150 on: October 09, 2006, 08:47:15 AM »
Quote from: "Marvin"
I think you placed the order wrong for the AVTR and ECM panel.

That's the thing when making quick pics ;)
If you look closer, you'll notice the ELEC panel "upside down" :D

great work, Davide!!
That's how an F-16 sim is supposed to look like :)

greetings
michi
Michi "MiHi" Hirczy
www.f16simulator.net

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #151 on: October 09, 2006, 09:04:35 AM »
Strale,

Very nice work!!!  Looks like you have a USAF setup..  Just curious though, I think you placed the order wrong for the AVTR and ECM panel.  Otherwise that looks like the cats a.s.s!!  Great work!

Jody

Jody,
once you asked me if i was going to build a block 15 or a mlu ..... i replyed ... a Block 52 ... and that's it ! ...
You hit my ass Jody .... indeed i misplaced the AVTR and ECM .... but I also made another GREAT error .... i placed the ELEC upsidedown ! ...
Ok .. was tired and was dark ! ... need to place some other lamps in the garage ! LOL

Thanks for Your kind words on the whole project ! ....
Cheers

Davide
Strale (Skype: Strale_64)

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #152 on: October 09, 2006, 09:18:02 AM »
Quote from: "Flareless"
Fantastic Davide!  Using all the real panels give the pit, well, a more "realistic" feeling.  I know it sounds dumb but your pit really looks like the inside of an F-16.  It was really worth the extra effort.  Thanks for sharing the photos and please keep us posted with updates.

@KILLN
Jason.... My PIT has some of Your JOB Inside ..... can we say "Killn Driven"??

@Jody
One thing is still wrong .. the ARC164 is the old type ... i didn't placed there the New one (digital ...) that's still on my "work's table" ....

@Flareless
Thanks .... I love You ! ... eh eh eh eh ... that's the MOST beautifull compliments i ever received .... saying that it's really looks like an F-16 cockpit ... it's not Dumb ! ... LOL ....

I still need to find a GOOD MAN willing to help me for the small glareshields .... I still have the old types .. but in the NEED of the new ones ... fiberglass replica are also OK !

Cheers All

Davide

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #153 on: October 09, 2006, 09:30:33 AM »
Quote from: "mihi4"
I think you placed the order wrong for the AVTR and ECM panel.

That's the thing when making quick pics ;)
If you look closer, you'll notice the ELEC panel "upside down" :D

great work, Davide!!
That's how an F-16 sim is supposed to look like :)

greetings
michi

Mihi ! You were the first to realize .....
Sorry .. but it was late, dark, wife was callong for dinner ...
was tired, a Fire in the City, an earthquake, the Third World War ... the Locustes (eh eh eh eh ..... I'm feeling John Belushi in The Blues Brothers ....)

Cheers

Marvin

Strale Project
« Reply #154 on: October 09, 2006, 09:34:36 AM »
Strale,

It's alright brother!!  I would have been anxious to take the photos as well!

Jody

Offline Ka-Bar03

• - Mike -
  • Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #155 on: October 09, 2006, 12:09:33 PM »
Nice pics Davide, many years of part hunting on display!!! Looks like your trainer is comming to life. Do you have a heated space to work on it over the winter?

For the newer guys that read this, Strale is one of the "Go To" guys when your hunting an alusive part down. Must have contacts all over the globe.

Click Above For Information

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #156 on: October 09, 2006, 01:02:19 PM »
Quote from: Kabar03
Nice pics Davide, many years of part hunting on display!!! Looks like your trainer is comming to life. Do you have a heated space to work on it over the winter?

For the newer guys that read this, Strale is one of the "Go To" guys when your hunting an alusive part down. Must have contacts all over the globe.

Yep Mike ... she's (or he's ... still didn't decide ...) b.t.w. Viper in English is Male ... isn't it ? ... in Italian is Female ! LOL !
It's not heated Mate ... i think i will have to find something .... i was planning to find one of those home air cond with cold and warm .... and make a real air cond .... unfortunately I can't place the canopy on the trainer ... (too low roof ...) otherwise it would have been a good solution !

but surely i have to find a solution for the winter's time !

Davide
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 05:14:45 AM by Strale »

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #157 on: November 19, 2006, 04:32:08 PM »
Small but MAJOR UPDATE !!!

Ok Dear Guys ... i must admit that another great step ahead was done this week !
When i've been out from a business trip i found a package laying in my "room" ... and suddendly realized that it has inside the MODIFIED SMALL GLARESHIELDS i was waiting for !
I have to admit that the Job was done really professionally ..... and i'm proud to show you the results ...
Now they have a grey primer paint .... still have to make a couple of holes (IFF/ACK), 2 Module Four functions, Indexers, and 5 module 10 functions ... hope to make them next week and then to apply the more aggressive Black Paint ....

FROM THE FRONT
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/GS2.jpg
Strale Project

FROM INSIDE
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/GS3.jpg
Strale Project

FROM OUTSIDE
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/GS1.jpg
Strale Project

Davide

Offline Flareless

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #158 on: November 19, 2006, 05:08:55 PM »
Hey Davide,

Looking good.  It's great when a new milestone is reached in the pit.  I look at milestones as those things that occur which allow us to suddenly leap forward with many modifications after the milestone is crossed.  My next milestone is the cutting of my panels (which I'm hoping will get done this week).  With your new glareshield I'm sure we'll be seeing wonderful things happening to your pit in the weeks to come.  Congratulations!  Your pit is awesome and I expect it to get even better.
Blue Skies,

Flareless
Lower West Side Studio

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #159 on: November 19, 2006, 05:16:21 PM »
Rich,
again to THANKS you for your warm and motivating words !
I do really appreciate them !
Yes... it's a milestone .... now it's time to end games and begin to work seriously ... 8 years are flown .... next year the pit Has to be Operational !

Thanks again !

Cheers

Davide

Offline Skorp

• Brig.General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #160 on: November 20, 2006, 07:00:16 AM »
Puffffffffffffffffffff

What a piece of work, man...

:beer:

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #161 on: November 26, 2006, 11:19:27 AM »
Hey Guys,
really have been unable to refrain to place some pictures about a "dry fit" on the left hand small glareshield.

With some scare i made the extra holes to install the two module four function assy, the IFF/Ack, and the AOA indexer ....

after few minutes ... here's the result !

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/1-2.jpg
Strale Project

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/2-2.jpg
Strale Project

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/3-1.jpg
Strale Project

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/4-1.jpg
Strale Project

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/5-1.jpg
Strale Project

Next Step ...... black painting .....
I'm planning to take some rest from the official work ... and going ahead with the project !

Hope you enjoyed the pictures.

Davide

Offline Ka-Bar03

• - Mike -
  • Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #162 on: November 26, 2006, 12:20:42 PM »
Wow, awsome Mod work!  Congrats Davide

Click Above For Information

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #163 on: November 26, 2006, 12:36:29 PM »
Quote from: "Kabar03"
Wow, awsome Mod work!  Congrats Davide

Thanks Mike,
but to be honest .... credits for the MOD are to be given to another SKILLED Man .... not me !
Cheers
Davide

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #164 on: November 26, 2006, 03:35:59 PM »
Strale,

A note of warning for the future...
When you'll be wiring those lights, you'll need to be sure that they are isolated from the glareshield.
That is place a sheet of isolant between the light assy and the metal glareshield and use nylon screws for instance to attach the light assy.

Otherwise, the voltage will spead along the glareshield, and the master caution will be wired to the UCC and the Xkey (or any other USB device)
NOT good  :wink:  
Don't ask how I know ... when I pressed my Master caution button, i had the light coming ON  :oops:

So great care will be required there - don't be as stupid as me
 :!:

Have a bandit day
Red Dog