Backup ADI by Rufus
[May 19, 2017, 05:15:48 PM]

Faan's pit by Red Dog
[May 19, 2017, 02:12:11 AM]

Kukki´s ORDER INFO by Rufus
[May 18, 2017, 02:55:59 PM]

F-16 fuselage by Predator
[May 18, 2017, 01:47:23 PM]

Author Topic: Strale Project  (Read 197730 times)

Marvin

Strale Project
« Reply #105 on: April 09, 2006, 08:41:31 PM »
Quote from: "Wildcat"
I love irony. Usually, Jody, you'd think that would be a question someone would ask if the fuselage in question was a plastic model.  Nice pit, Davide!

Wildcat,

Care to explain??  I have no idea what you are talking about?  Sounds pretty reasonable to me, considering the simulator was a Block 15 or A model for that matter, and the fact that his let Aux panel is from an A model, and the fact that the last collection of photos Davide sent me he had almost a complete A-model collected with regards to panels and front instrument panel.

So when I saw his panel layout which is that of a C model I was curious whether he was sticking to his roots, or recently changed his mind and is now going the C model route.

Jody

Marvin

Strale Project
« Reply #106 on: April 09, 2006, 08:44:45 PM »
Davide,

Great job!  I'm sure it will turn out great, good luck!  So you are going US type BLock 52?  I figured being in Europe you might prefer a MLU type?

Jody

Offline Wildcat

• Col.
  • Outta missiles, outta bullets, outta excuses....
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #107 on: April 09, 2006, 09:40:45 PM »
Quote from: "Marvin"
I love irony. Usually, Jody, you'd think that would be a question someone would ask if the fuselage in question was a plastic model.  Nice pit, Davide!

Care to explain??  I have no idea what you are talking about?  Sounds pretty reasonable to me, considering the simulator was a Block 15 or A model for that matter, and the fact that his let Aux panel is from an A model, and the fact that the last collection of photos Davide sent me he had almost a complete A-model collected with regards to panels and front instrument panel.

So when I saw his panel layout which is that of a C model I was curious whether he was sticking to his roots, or recently changed his mind and is now going the C model route.

Light humor, Jody.  It would not only be perfectly reasonable to convert the A model pit into a C, it would make complete sense given that Falcon 4 is based on C model variants.

My sense of irony was tweaked when I think of myself as a plastic model builder.  I wouldn't be surprised if many if not all of us were plastic model airplane builders at one time or another.  I still am in spirit, even though the last airplane I finished was for Honeywell back in 1976 - an F-16 that was to be displayed on the table as the guys wrangled out some sort of contract.  Turned out pretty okay.  Now I have a 1/32nd A model sitting in the model building queue, and I need to make it a C!!  Kit conversions are the norm when even thinking about building a kit any more for me.  Build it stock??  No way!  

And what is a cockpit builder?  A guy or gal that decides to scratchbuild their own model airplane.... in 1:1 scale.  :mrgreen:

Offline Killratio

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #108 on: April 09, 2006, 11:07:23 PM »
And here was me thinking "Irony" was just an adjective describing something that looked like metal.......well...I learned SOMETHING today!!
 :lol:  :lol:

Great 'pit Davide...and, oh, the KY-58 arrived fine..thanks

Darryl
PROUD SUPPORTER OF:

AND
[url=http://s24.photobucket.com/user/Ki

Marvin

Strale Project
« Reply #109 on: April 09, 2006, 11:18:22 PM »
WildCat,

Good enough, I understand you now.  It DOES make sense to build C models for todays F-16 sims, however I know Davide was pretty strong on building an A-model, hence my clarification.

Jody

Quote from: "Marvin"

Light humor, Jody.  It would not only be perfectly reasonable to convert the A model pit into a C, it would make complete sense given that Falcon 4 is based on C model variants.

My sense of irony was tweaked when I think of myself as a plastic model builder.  I wouldn't be surprised if many if not all of us were plastic model airplane builders at one time or another.  I still am in spirit, even though the last airplane I finished was for Honeywell back in 1976 - an F-16 that was to be displayed on the table as the guys wrangled out some sort of contract.  Turned out pretty okay.  Now I have a 1/32nd A model sitting in the model building queue, and I need to make it a C!!  Kit conversions are the norm when even thinking about building a kit any more for me.  Build it stock??  No way!  

And what is a cockpit builder?  A guy or gal that decides to scratchbuild their own model airplane.... in 1:1 scale.  :mrgreen:

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #110 on: April 10, 2006, 05:52:36 AM »
Well....
the main problem to me was to find the correct main instrument panel for the C model ... so i was at the beginning thinking to build an Hybrid F-16 ... C model's panel layout and A model Instrument panel ... but meanwhile things changed !
Got the two MFDs frames.... and waiting for the Center Consolle....
Being in touch to modify the front glareshield to a C looking type ... so definetely it will be a C model !
As per the MLU or Block 52 ..... i'd rather flying a block 52 ... but probably i will be forced to head to a MLU version due to the "paint" issue .....
Too many greys ... and at the end ... black is black ! LOL

Cheers

Davide
Strale (Skype: Strale_64)

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
A Sad Story !
« Reply #111 on: April 18, 2006, 05:50:08 PM »
Hi to all the good fellows in the viperpit's community ....
Today i feel the need to write you about an Old Pale, an Old simulator "lover" .... This old Man ... was My Father.
His name was Giorgio .... and he left us last friday ... and today would have been his birthday .... 75 !

I can remember the days in wich i bought my first ATARI ..... and was flying the simulators from the 80s ..... where the Joystick was a simple stick ... with at one lonely button ...... and in those years ... where i was something more than a child my Father begun to grow his interest in these "games"  Then i left my home to join the Flight Academy ... then the Army, then i married and went to live 70km far from my family ... and he begun to play at the same games (all simualtors !!!)....... then the first PCs arrived ... and after some year (He was still playing with my Atari with a game called X-19 ....)
I gave him the first PC ..... i upgraded it since the last PIII500 and under his Thrustmaster PFCS (first), TALON (then) and Saitek X-45 (last) ran quite all the Flight Simulators from Falcon 3.0, Tornado, FS98, B2B (back to bagdad ... is there anybody that remember it ??), CFS I and II, Apache Longbow and USAF .... sometimes at my home, in my little lan, we flew also Falcon 4.0 ... but it was too difficult for him ... too many things to remember ........ he used to tell me .... but with Props ... damn .. he was good !

He was following also my experience with the Cockpit ..... wasn't able to understand HOW the HELL i was able to find that stuff but he was always asking me about my "hunt" .... and Men .... he was very active in helping me ..... most ot the backplate i had to replace ....were MADE by Him ! .........

Last week I was able to uninstall the Canopy ... i was painting the Pit and we were planning to meet him with my sister at my home for the Easter's dinner ...... he was willing to see the stage of my Pit .....  

But ..... Daddy went to sleep thursday .... and never woke up ......
he will never see my sister's daughter (and she's in final right now !) and ....... damn !

Why i decided to write here .... well ..... he was a simpitter and I was willing to give Him credit for the work he did for me ! .... and i was in the need also to share with MY Friends the sadness I feel ......

Thanks.

Davide
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 05:06:20 AM by Strale »
Strale (Skype: Strale_64)

Offline Ghost

• General
  • VP Awards : Software Guru Award: Awarded to those with special software skills : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #112 on: April 18, 2006, 05:57:42 PM »
I'm sorry to hear your father have passed away and I'm sorry for your loss. Good luck and all the support for the coming times ahead of you.

Danny
Power is useless without control

Offline Nikolas_A

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #113 on: April 19, 2006, 10:01:14 AM »
My condolences, Davide. At least you can take some comfort in the thought that he went peacefully and without suffering.

Nikolas

Offline a_breytie

• Col.
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #114 on: April 19, 2006, 11:16:19 AM »
Davide my friend,
I know from experience that no words could fix that hole in your life the departure of someone dear leaves behind. All I can say is that our thoughts and prayers are with you and the rest of your family.

Andre SimNut

Offline Ka-Bar03

• - Mike -
  • Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #115 on: April 19, 2006, 11:29:22 AM »
Hi Davide, sorry for your loss.

Along with greiving, I think your father would want you to rejoice that you had the good relations you had together, that is what I would want from my sons when I depart.

Click Above For Information

Offline gancio

• -=VP Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #116 on: April 19, 2006, 12:16:09 PM »
Un abbraccio.

Offline Armitage

• Brig.General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #117 on: April 20, 2006, 02:43:35 AM »
Hi Davide,

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss!

Quote from: "Kabar03"
Along with greiving, I think your father would want you to rejoice that you had the good relations you had together, that is what I would want from my sons when I depart.

Hear, hear!
Wayne
aka Kicker

farenheit03

Strale Project
« Reply #118 on: April 20, 2006, 11:04:19 AM »
No doubt he left a bit of his soul in your cockpit.  Every time you strap in you'll be close to him again.

F

Offline J.A.K.

• Brig.General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #119 on: April 20, 2006, 02:02:51 PM »
My sincere sympathies to you and your family.