Blaze's Pit by Kukki
[September 13, 2017, 03:17:33 PM]

Rodsei's Pit by rodsei
[September 13, 2017, 02:09:24 PM]

Azul's Pit by sagrzmnky
[September 12, 2017, 12:55:01 PM]

Pikachu's Home Pit by Hero
[September 12, 2017, 01:00:55 AM]

Author Topic: Biggles Never Ending Story !  (Read 17027 times)

Offline Moose

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • Brig.General
  • VP Awards : Triplet Award: Awarded after 3 years of community service
    • Awards
Re: Biggles Never Ending Story !
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2016, 05:52:30 AM »
Beautiful looking property. Congratulations !
" Do onto others as you would have them do unto you "

Offline Pekay

• Col.
  • VP Awards : Triplet Award: Awarded after 3 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2016, 09:40:28 AM »
Here's wishing the best for you and your family, Biggles. I had a similar opportunity 30 years ago and have never regretted doing the work to get my house built. Family first! :thumbsup:

Pekay

Offline Biggles

• General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2017, 06:07:30 PM »
Updates have been slow...

End of November my dad died in our arms at the hospital.
They ended treatment on his behalves.........

I wrote a long story that i wanted to share weeks ago.........not posting it.
Its to much for the fanted of heart....so here's the short story.

He only spend one week in the hospital, so there wasn't really any suffering.except the emotional.
My dad got diagnosed long cancer 4 years ago. got treated and cured.
One year later he got a bypass 5 times.
After that, the medicans he got for both conditions never worked properly together and his health got somewhat weaker.
Nevertheless, he still was a strong man and not only a dad to his family but also a friend or buddy.

Last year during his normal checkups they found spots in his lungs again. he was having minor pneumonia on and off.

A check at the local doctor made him rush to the hospital because of an oxygen saturation of 86 (which is low)
Because of circumstances they didn't go but ended there anyway because they made an appointment with the cancer controlling doctor for a normal followup.

That doctor rushed him to the OR, because his oxygen saturation was 66 at that moment. (he is a smoker that are used to less oxygen, otherwise ....)
That day we all went to the hospital and only left late at night to get some sleep and return early in the morning.
He was on oxygen supply the whole time in the hospital, and situation got worse quick.
Because of his inner strength and will to fight , the doctors didnt stop treatment the moment they normaly would but let my dad decide to pull the plug.
Which he did 2 days later.

He died with his family by his side. He even managed to make jokes to the doctors until the end.
One week later he was cremated.

What i learned that day is the amount of love i have for my parents, and the loss of one of them hurst like nothing else does.
We all know that we eventual will have to let our parent go. and it happens to everybody all around the world...........

I also found so much strength in the fact that my family is united and warm together. I felt my burden being carried by all members of the family.
That makes u realize that family is number one no matter what.
And also makes you feel sorry for the family's that have lost there family bond for one reason or the other.

My mom lost her brother in law, brother and husband in 3 months and today we got notice that her only surviving brother has , at the most, 3 months to live (he is hospitalized ).

We , my family and i, are only holding together because of all the love there is between us. I wouldn't know how i could get up and get through the day without them.

There it is. I have written this a dozen of times and deleted it every time.
But i felt i needed to share.

Biggles.

Offline sagrzmnky

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2017, 12:57:40 AM »
I don't know what to say. I am very sorry to hear about your loss. I lost two uncles that were very close to me just within the last year. My father is having medical problems also. I do not look forward to that day, but I know it is coming. Our prayers go out to you and your family.
Phillip "Grease Monkey" Clark

My build thread
http://www.viperpits.org/smf/index.php?topic=6942.0
 Pokeys, x-keys, Mike's panels, Ribbstick

Offline Catcher

• -=VP Donor=-
  • General
  • Homebuild
  • VP Awards : Bronze Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2017, 06:17:53 AM »
Rene, I wish you and your loved ones strength.

Take care mate

Offline Nigel

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2017, 06:43:36 AM »
Hey Rene!
Thanks for the story mate, your dad sounds like a fine man. It is so hard to lose good people and then try to carry on. All the cliches dont help, only time.
Best
Nigel

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills
    • Henk's Viperpit developments
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2017, 07:02:27 AM »
Réne,
this is tough man !
I know, both my parents are gone.

There is a reason why my wishes at New Year's day is not the standard "best wishes for ...",
but "good health for ...".  You learn to appreciate health as you get older.
My condolences.
- Henk

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2017, 07:50:25 AM »
Renè having lost both of my patents (mother at 60 years father at 74) i completely understand your mood.
Be strong. i embrqce You.
Strale (Skype: Strale_64)

Offline Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Kukki?s F-16 website
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2017, 08:09:37 AM »
Hey Biggles, im very sorry to hear.
It´s hard when family and friends check out, but we are getting older and nature takes its turn, that said its hard through.

Take care my friend, and the best for you and fam.
Kukki - (Skype: kukki_22)

Offline mrwell

• General
  • VP Awards : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts : Triplet Award: Awarded after 3 years of community service : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2017, 12:21:39 PM »
Hi,
My sincere condolences. Everybody knows it is nature but nothing can prepare you for that. I cannot even imagine what you are suffering but I'm glad you and your family all supported yourselves and that could made it a little better.
Receive a warm hug from Spain and take care of you and your family.
Jorge

Offline Romanski

• Administrator
  • General
  • www.31st.nl
  • VP Awards : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills : King for a Day Award: Awarded for an exemplar contribution to the community : Software Guru Award: Awarded to those with special software skills : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2017, 12:30:14 PM »
Sorry for your loss Rene. Keep tight.

Good to hear that I am not the only one with so much respect and love for our parents.

My parents live 2500 km away from me , as I live for 20 years in the Netherlands and I know what it means to miss them...

Take care and all the best !

Claudiu
"...Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die!
Won't you run, live to fly, fly to live, Aces high!"

Offline salaxi54

• General
  • VP Awards : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2017, 02:06:16 PM »
My sincere condolences Rene, having lost my mother a little over a year ago, an father not being well lately, i know what it's like.
Only comfort is that your family has strong bonds. Time is the doctor here.
Take care.

Offline Lento

• Maj. General
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2017, 02:15:18 PM »
A sad event, not only for your family. But the love of those who remain brings forth life and is the only consolation to be able to remember those who have passed on.
Share with those who do not know personally is an act of courage and should be rewarded with our endearment.
We are close to you and your family.
Sorry for my bad english.
Max

Offline Boomer

• LT. General
    • http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h239/jimhinkle/boomer/bb1.jpg
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2017, 11:17:47 PM »
Rene, I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your father. I'll be praying for you and your family.

Jim
Democracy is two wolves voting on what's for dinner, Liberty is a well armed sheep contesting the vote.