CONSOLE SIDEWALLS by Leech87
[August 05, 2017, 06:48:59 PM]

CANOPY SPYDER by simpit
[August 05, 2017, 03:16:12 AM]

Wolverine's F16 Block 52 by Wolverine
[August 04, 2017, 10:46:10 AM]

ACES II ROCKET TUBE PROFILE by JCook
[August 04, 2017, 09:42:46 AM]

Author Topic: Strale Project  (Read 209332 times)

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
Strale Project
« on: December 22, 2003, 12:42:37 PM »
I've heard that here there is the GOTHA of the Cockpit's builders.......
I won't be able to reach your wonderfull levels.... but hope i'll be accepted as another "crazy man" who joined the GREAT VIPERPIT !!!!
Actually i wasn't able yet to begin the hull/shell works.... but have some nice item and every kind of enquire is wellcomed ! .....
Hope to be helpfull for everybody !

Meawhile I Wish you a Merry Xmas and an Happy New Year !

Cheers from the "Nice Country" (Bel Paese)
Strale (Skype: Strale_64)

Offline dimebug

• Lt. Col
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2003, 01:09:19 PM »
Welcome, you're at the right place  8)  Now you have no excuse to not start your project

Offline Infidel

• LT. General
    • http://www.mccrowley.com
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2003, 01:15:04 PM »
Yes a hearty welcome to you Strale, you are in the best of company :D
Chris

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2003, 04:56:11 PM »
Thanks Dudes for your wellcome !

Offline falcon24

• General
    • http://www.simhardware.org/
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2003, 04:57:44 PM »
Hi Buddy, glad to have you with us, No ego's here, just a bunch of like minded people with the same interests.

Dave
ttp://www.viperpit.org/falcon24

http://www.simhardware.org/

Offline Feathers

• -=VP Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2003, 05:10:33 PM »
Davide,
Welcome to the group.   Lots of good info and people here.  :-)
Jim
Utah

Offline Ka-Bar03

• - Mike -
  • Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2003, 07:19:03 PM »
Nice intro Strale, welcome aboard and enjoy.

Click Above For Information

Offline Bricklayer

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • http://www.simhardware.org
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2003, 09:25:09 AM »
Welome aboard Strale!
Craig "Bricklayer" Rochester

TEAK

Welcome to VIPERPITS STRALE
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2004, 04:13:54 PM »
Hi Strale,

Good to see you come aboard. I have seen your good stuff on Ebay and know that you are in good company here. Glad to have you here and hope to see your pit and its progress. Also love to know what Viper stuff you have!

Take care,

TEAK

Chris Woodul

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Re: Welcome to VIPERPITS STRALE
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2004, 04:24:13 PM »
Quote from: "TEAK"
Hi Strale,

Good to see you come aboard. I have seen your good stuff on Ebay and know that you are in good company here. Glad to have you here and hope to see your pit and its progress. Also love to know what Viper stuff you have!

Take care,

TEAK

Chris Woodul

CHRIS ! it's an Honor for me to receive your wellcome..... thanks again.
As for the items on eBay..... well... i had to leave them to find some money for other items..... and whenever i sell an item.... it's something of me that leaves ! .... but ... that's how life goes on !
As for the viper stuff I just updated my site..... as told on the Forum..... You're wellcome !

Davide "Strale"

TEAK

Strale Project
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2004, 04:40:24 PM »
Hi Strale,

Thanks for your kind words! I know how it feels to let some part go. Every now and then, I have to do the same to get something new. Every part has a story and a need, however that is all part of the fun.
I am going to go look at your site update.- Someday I will have my own site, but, then I dont know how to make a webpage ( much less find the time!) I do get  to show stuff here and on some other webpages.
Nothing is as nice as this forum though, when it comes to a place to network with truely talented folks and find information on how to make these things work or work better.
Im really glad you are here.
_ I think Matt Wietlespach tells me that you are a freind of his too?

Cheers,

Teak
CHRIS WOODUL

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2004, 06:46:12 PM »
Quote from: "TEAK"
Hi Strale,

Thanks for your kind words! I know how it feels to let some part go. Every now and then, I have to do the same to get something new. Every part has a story and a need, however that is all part of the fun.
I am going to go look at your site update.- Someday I will have my own site, but, then I dont know how to make a webpage ( much less find the time!) I do get  to show stuff here and on some other webpages.
Nothing is as nice as this forum though, when it comes to a place to network with truely talented folks and find information on how to make these things work or work better.
Im really glad you are here.
_ I think Matt Wietlespach tells me that you are a freind of his too?

Cheers,

Teak
CHRIS WOODUL

Chris..... damn..... i posted a message in a wrong section of the forum...... i'm really a newby ! ...... but should have undestood, with Jim's help, how to post a pic... let's try !
here is a picture i don't know if it has to be put in my web page !

Davide

http://www.geocities.com/fox_two_64/Parts/Real/tws.jpg

Offline Feathers

• -=VP Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2004, 07:33:00 PM »
Davide,
That pic did not show up.

Its probably because you hit ENTER and you put in the link and that second "/img" is on another line.  :-)

Also when you make a post, instead of hitting the SUBMIT button you can press the PREVIEW button.  That lets you see your message as it will apear when you submit it.  Then you can check it everything looks good.

Your link to that pic is OK, as I just checked it.   so more than likely as I mentioned you hit the ENTER button and then press the IMG button for that second time.

If you want to delete that other thread you started in this section, just post a reply in it asking MIKE (Viperpit) to delete that whole thread.  Soooner or later he will see that requestion.   Or you could just PM him.
jim

Offline Ka-Bar03

• - Mike -
  • Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2004, 07:50:22 PM »
I fixxed the link, but the pic is dead now

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2004, 09:18:53 AM »
Quote from: "Feathers"
Davide,
That pic did not show up.

Its probably because you hit ENTER and you put in the link and that second "/img" is on another line.  :-)

Also when you make a post, instead of hitting the SUBMIT button you can press the PREVIEW button.  That lets you see your message as it will apear when you submit it.  Then you can check it everything looks good.

Your link to that pic is OK, as I just checked it.   so more than likely as I mentioned you hit the ENTER button and then press the IMG button for that second time.

If you want to delete that other thread you started in this section, just post a reply in it asking MIKE (Viperpit) to delete that whole thread.  Soooner or later he will see that requestion.   Or you could just PM him.
jim

Strange..... i didn't hit the enter before hitting the Img/ .... i saw that it was on the lower line.... but i think the link is too long........ will try again .....

Thanks

Davide

Offline Ka-Bar03

• - Mike -
  • Administrator
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2004, 10:25:53 AM »
The pic is there, it must be geocities does not allow offsite display, I would sugest photobucket, seems to work fine for Jim. I'll make the link to the pic a url link for now.

edit, you will have to past it into the adress bar to see it.

Mike

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2004, 10:30:17 AM »
Quote from: "Viperpit"
The pic is there, it must be geocities does not allow offsite display, I would sugest photobucket, seems to work fine for Jim. I'll make the link to the pic a url link for now.

Mike

Thanks for your help Mike...... damn...... .geocities helps a lot to make me feel like the last newby ......  :oops:

Davide

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Some picture, great (for me) update !
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2004, 04:28:52 PM »
Finally i found the way to host picture where viewable ....
Geocities wasn't showing the picture from the links.

Ok..... now back to the topics... only few picture to show main instrument panel actual stage !

The holes of the SMS and REO will be set as follow:
1) Found the first VGA TFT Display and hunting for the second;
2) Will use a Replica Reo and will put behind one tft monitor.... there will be problem for the MFD's buttoms.... but will try to find out a way.
3) Actually didn't find a solution for the left MFD ...... ok.. next step !

Here's the link to some pictures

http://img22.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/P1010047.jpg
Strale Project

http://img22.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/P1010046.jpg
Strale Project

http://img22.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/P1010044.jpg
Strale Project

http://img22.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/P1010048.jpg
Strale Project

http://img22.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/P1010049.jpg
Strale Project

http://img22.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/P1010050.jpg
Strale Project

http://img22.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/P1010051.jpg
Strale Project

Davide

Offline Ka-Bar03

• - Mike -
  • Administrator
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2004, 06:50:19 PM »
nice pics Strale!
  put the

at the end ,for the pics to show in the thread.

hit edit on the above post and you will see what I changed to make them show up.

Offline Feathers

• -=VP Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2004, 07:04:19 PM »
Davide,
Pretty nice looking parts there.
Jim

Offline Crease-Guard

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2004, 07:49:39 PM »
Yeah, I gotta second that.  Those are some sweet parts you got there.  Very sharp looking.

Jay

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2004, 03:08:20 PM »
Mike,
thanks for the suggestion..... had a look at the modifications.... will do next time !

Jim and Jay thanks for appreciation..... i'm very proud of this stuff... it took a while but now i can say i reached a good stage .....

Unfortunately the HUD had some damages and the glass is not the original reflective glass...... Hope to find it some days......

Davide

Offline Crease-Guard

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2004, 04:24:19 PM »
Yeah, if you ever what to get rid of any of that "junk"  :wink: , let me know.  I'll help you out.  

Jay

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2004, 04:41:53 PM »
eh eh eh eh.........  :lol:
too much effort to reach this point ! but i will keep you in consideration if "ran mad" .....

Davide

Offline Crease-Guard

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2004, 06:37:22 PM »
I hear you.  I've been working on this almost 3 years.  Stuff just too hard to come by, you jump when you get the chance.  Right now I got more things coming at me than money but for months it was nothing.  Seems like it all comes at once or not at all.

Jay

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2004, 08:20:06 AM »
Jay,
i've been working on this project since early 1998 so in April will be 6 years...... and you can thrust me when i say that i made more steps in the lone month of January than in the last three years.....
Sometimes i thought to withdraw.....but now i'm missing only few items so it would be really a sin not going on .........
it will take a while to reach the goal....... but with some luck the "dead line" is getting closer day by day.

Davide

Offline Crease-Guard

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2004, 11:59:12 AM »
Keep with it Strale, looking at your collection, you've got some nearly impossilbe to find goodies.  Some of those gauges I have never found for the F-16.  I did have a chance for the ADI about a year ago, but it was $1300 and I just didn't have that kind of cash at the time.

If you do come across something you already have, drop me a line, I probably need it.

Jay

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2004, 03:01:56 PM »
I know what you mean and your mood Jay ..... i felt the same while looking at some items that i never thought i would be able to get.
But don't worry ...... items, as a friend of mine is just saying, are out there.... and one a day we'll have what we need.....
Good Luck you all ! .... and if i got something i don't need next time i will make an advise on the forum if it can help.

Davide

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
ANOTHER COUPLE OF GOOD SHOTS !!!!!!!
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2004, 04:10:50 PM »
Guys.....
i want to share with you the picture of the last items i was able -with a lot of difficulties...... and $$$$$-

First Picture is one AUDIO 1 Panel....... i was so lucky to acquire a couple of them...... so this one i'm showing is actually available for TRADE only ......

http://img22.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/audio_1.jpg
Strale Project

Then the other pictures are multiple snapshots of the Throttle's FULL ASSY !!!! ..... Damn ...... I'm a lucky bastard ... I Know.... I Know !!!!!
:)

http://img22.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/P1010028.jpg
Strale Project

http://img22.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/P1010027.jpg
Strale Project

http://img22.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/P1010026.jpg
Strale Project

http://img22.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/P1010025.jpg
Strale Project

http://img22.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/P1010024.jpg
Strale Project

I'M A VERY GLAD PIT's BUILDER ...... LOL

Offline Nutty

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • LT. General
    • FlyFoxy.com
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2004, 05:10:04 PM »
I think the expression I'm looking for here is: "Holy Crap" !!

That's some great gear !! Of course, it's not a patch on my Aimsworth but don't start getting all jealous on me now.

Err ...

Nutty :(

Offline Ka-Bar03

• - Mike -
  • Administrator
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2004, 07:31:53 PM »
Wow. you hit gold, Strale!

NICE

Offline Blocker

• Brig.General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2004, 07:36:24 PM »
I beleive there is a Falcon pilot sitting in his cockpit wondering where the hell did the crew cheif put the throttle  :lol:

Great pics Strale, and excellent items for your project.

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2004, 07:05:40 AM »
Quote from: "Blocker"
I beleive there is a Falcon pilot sitting in his cockpit wondering where the hell did the crew cheif put the throttle  :lol:

Great pics Strale, and excellent items for your project.

Damn Blocker .... You MAKE ME LAUGH as never before !!!! ... i really can't stop laughing...... i figured out that "viper's driver" beginning to shout and scream to his Crew's Chief asking for the Throttle ...... Damn !!! really an awesome picture.....

But ... as if it's quite easy to figure out an American pilot screaming out of his cockpit ... i wasn't able to figure out the same words in Norvegian .... as the Throttle is coming from there !!!! LOL !

Bye and thanks again for the good time i had reading your message !!!!

D.

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
New Items Incomed ! ..... "Missing list is getting shor
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2004, 06:18:53 AM »
Hi Folks !

Here some pictures i want to share with you !

These are some of the last items i received ..... there's something more ... but my batteries diyed during the "photo's service" ......

First Item is a FLIGT CONTROL PANEL

http://img22.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/P1010038.jpg
Strale Project

Second Item is a KY58 Early model PANEL

http://img22.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/P1111111.jpg
Strale Project

Will update soon !

D.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 04:40:51 AM by Strale »

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2004, 03:22:24 PM »
Well.... not really in topic but would like to share some picture of our Aerobatics Team !

As you surely will know "Frecce Tricolori" are the team with the greatest number of aircraft in the whole world.

You can see even the EF2000 Thyphoon "drived" by our Test Pilot and Astronauts Col. CHELI.

Hope you will enjoy them !

http://img22.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/AUT_5601.jpg
Strale Project

http://img22.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/AUT_5602.jpg
Strale Project

http://img22.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/AUT_5730.jpg
Strale Project

http://img22.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/AUT_5728.jpg
Strale Project

http://img22.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/AUT_5707.jpg
Strale Project

Picture were taken this morning at the Alenia's Facility in Turin.

Cheers All ! .

8)  had the temptation to get on board of one of those a/c !!! eh eh eh eh

Offline Flareless

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2004, 08:39:29 AM »
Strale your pictures are fantastic.  Thanks for sharing!!!  Your pit parts are great.  Congratulations on aquireing them.  You are aware that it really doesn't have to fly when you're finished aren't you ;)?
Blue Skies,

Flareless
Lower West Side Studio

Marvin

Strale Project
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2004, 11:18:51 AM »
Strale,

Nice pics!  You know I seen those guys in Ottawa, Canada quite a few years back at an airshow!  And I remember them being crazy!  They put on the most breath taking performance I have ever seen.  Most people rate the Snowbirds as one of the best, but these guys really did some dangerous moves!

Jody

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2004, 04:58:05 PM »
@ Flareless and Marvin:
Thanks guys for appreciating the picture of the Italian Aerobatic Team : FRECCE TRICOLORI.

For your information the a/c their are flying is an heavy modified MB339A
many parts were removed to lower the overall weight, even if they can restore the aircraft to Combat Readiness in few hours ....
The main modification were made to the surface's controls and to the avionics ..... you can BET that it can be manouvered as a prop while being a Jet ! ....
The same aircraft (in conventional configuration) is actually used to train Military Pilots before taking service in groups and wings.

Our Pilots begin training on the SIAE MARCHETTI SF260 in LATINA B.F.S. -Basic Flight School- (near Rome) (guys .... it's a beauty and "driving" it is really enjoying) here they get the first wings .... then they are sent to the A.F.S. -Andvanced Flying School- where they get Jet cleareances and first Combat Readiness.

Next Step is usually in the USA or in UK to be trained on the Aircraft they will be flying in active duty ! ....

@ Flareless....

Dude ... when i look at my stuff one of my first though is: This Stuff FLYIED once ... and i will make it FLYING AGAIN ! .... Ok ..... virtually .... but it doesn't matter ! ... LOL

Cheers ALL !

D.

Offline Flareless

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2004, 07:22:02 AM »
Quote from: "Strale"
Dude ... when i look at my stuff one of my first though is: This Stuff FLYIED once ... and i will make it FLYING AGAIN ! .... Ok ..... virtually .... but it doesn't matter ! ... LOL

Excellent!
Blue Skies,

Flareless
Lower West Side Studio

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Pilots Looking for aircraft's equipment ! - NEW SHOTS -
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2004, 12:14:47 PM »
Folks ....
maybe some pilot is looking for his a/c equipment ! ...
Ok ... let's joke about it .... but it's really unbeliveable that this stuff was declared "scrap" ......

here I'm proud to introduce you .....

The AUX COMM PANEL - LUCKY AND BROKE ! LOL -

http://img22.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/Aux_Comm.jpg
Strale Project

The TEST PANEL

http://img22.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/Test.jpg
Strale Project

The REO (but it's a replica used on a Simulator - but really nice looking)

http://img22.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/Reo_Replica.jpg
Strale Project

My Block 52 STICK

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/P1010059.jpg
Strale Project

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/My_Stick.jpg
Strale Project

Look also at the "swap meet" posts .... there's another stick ... if someone is interested in !

Comments as usual wellcomed and appreciated !

Davide
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 04:45:58 AM by Strale »

Offline J.A.K.

• Brig.General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2004, 12:19:48 PM »
I said it before. Add a drooling emoticon please?!?!? :shock:

Strale i dont know how, but you did it again :D

J.A.K.

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2004, 12:26:12 PM »
Quote from: "J.A.K."
I said it before. Add a drooling emoticon please?!?!? :shock:

Strale i dont know how, but you did it again :D

J.A.K.

8) J.A.K. .... don't know how too .....  :oops: let's say that i begun in early 1998 ..... and the contact i had in these years give some resoults today .....
Thanks for appreciating .....
I promised to post some details ... (dimensions ....) but Folks .. this is really not a good period for me !!!!! .... But i don't forget ! ... will do when i will have solved some problems !

Cheers you all

Offline Ka-Bar03

• - Mike -
  • Administrator
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2004, 09:02:20 PM »
Some vrey nice parts Strale, how far are you from all the panels in the cockpit?

Marvin

Strale Project
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2004, 09:28:03 AM »
Davide,

I was just curious?  Are you not putting "A" model stick in your cockpit rather than a late block model stick?

Jody

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2004, 02:34:31 PM »
Quote from: "Marvin"
Davide,

I was just curious?  Are you not putting "A" model stick in your cockpit rather than a late block model stick?

Jody

Well Jody .... the main problem is that i was able to find the main instrument panel only from an A model ..... but was very lucky with the panels... having quite all from the C model .... when i will start the building (still looking for a structurel part) will decide if i will use the original main instrumen or will build a C model in wood ....

Hope to have satisfied your curiosity .....

Cheers

Davide

Marvin

Strale Project
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2004, 06:47:37 PM »
Davide,

IMO I would concentrate on a late C model rather than an A model as Falcon and the soon to come FO model the C model.  You can easily make an accurate looking C instrument panel out of wood or whatever you choose.  It's nice to have the real deal if that is your cup of tea, but you can easily compensate for a fabricated main instrument panel with all those goodies you have!

Jody

Davide,

Jody

Well Jody .... the main problem is that i was able to find the main instrument panel only from an A model ..... but was very lucky with the panels... having quite all from the C model .... when i will start the building (still looking for a structurel part) will decide if i will use the original main instrumen or will build a C model in wood ....

Cheers

Davide

Offline Biggles

• General
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2004, 07:20:52 PM »
Anyone ever heard that song by Johnny Cash ?
Its called Cadillac.

It resembles the pit i am building.

Biggles.

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2004, 03:14:04 AM »
Davide,

IMO I would concentrate on a late C model rather than an A model as Falcon and the soon to come FO model the C model.  You can easily make an accurate looking C instrument panel out of wood or whatever you choose.  It's nice to have the real deal if that is your cup of tea, but you can easily compensate for a fabricated main instrument panel with all those goodies you have!

Jody

Davide,

Jody

Cheers

Davide

Jody,
you're right ! and probably this will be what i will do ..... but i'm still a little bit too far from my "building step" .... and i've not lost the hope to find a real block 50's main instrument panel .....

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Time to update !!!
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2004, 06:09:36 AM »
Ok ....
sometimes my "job" gives back some satisfaction !
I was able to find an original KY58 backlited panel  and .........

this is what i made !

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/Ky58.jpg
Strale Project

Ok .. ok ! ... probably knobs are not the same as the real panel .... but saw many of these and always found some differences.

Then i made a DEAL (yep... CAPS LOCK !!!!) with this almost unfoundable item:
Wanna see some drooling faces then !! eh eh eh eh

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/P1010036.jpg
Strale Project

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/P1010041.jpg
Strale Project

Cheers All !

Davide

Offline Ka-Bar03

• - Mike -
  • Administrator
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2004, 02:03:26 PM »
Very Nice parts Strale, thanks for posting the pics of them, they will be quite a bit of help when I get to making those panels. Also, Jason has a very good Front Console model drawn up that I have built, C -blk 50-52, it might be an avenue for you if you can't find one. I'll post a pic of mine in the comming days into my thread so you can see it.

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2004, 02:30:00 PM »
Kabar,

what i don't have is time ... otherwise i would have just uploaded all the dimensions for that stuff .... but ..... as next monday i will begin a new job I really hope to have more time to dedicate to our common passion !!!!!

So really hope to be more helpfull in next months .....

As for the Main Instrument Panel ... DAMN .... you turn a knife into my bleeding enjury ...... If only i could be able to find it !!!!! It's making me mad !!!!!!!

So ... any offer is greately appreciated !!!

Cheers YOU ALL !

Davide

Offline Crease-Guard

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2004, 09:33:02 PM »
Dude, that ECM is SWEET!!!!  You got an extra?? hehehe

Jay

bluumax

Strale Project
« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2004, 01:41:34 AM »
Man, Those are really great pics of the panels! You sure are one lucky dude!!
 Guys like you make it possible for the rest of us to fake it with at least a bit of accuracy, since we can get a good look at the panels.
I'm glad I didn't start really building my panels until this summer.
 I would think it possible to convert that to a c Block if you really wanted to.
Keep up the great work. Shawn

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Thanks !
« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2004, 02:34:28 PM »
Jay,
...  :D  :D  :D ..... if i could be able to find another one .... damn .... i would be within the happiest men around the world .... you know ... sometimes it happens to be unable to find even a little screw .... then .... you get a "shot of ass" (letteral translation from Italian to English ... well .... it's slang of course and surely not educated ! but it's a good way to "render" an idea....)
But you know that i'm still far from ....but .... "little step ..... little step" (who ever saw the movie "contact" ????) i'm getting nearer !

Now i'm working on a EWS panel   :oops: .. hope to show the job soon !!!!

Shawn .... thanks for the kind word ... but.... you can bet that i'm in the very last place (if i ever entered in....) in the list of the "Guys that make things possible" .... well .... if i had more time and more "bucks" ... maybe i could be of better help ....

Cheers and all the Best to ALL !

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Another Nice item: CMDS
« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2004, 05:41:27 PM »
Dudes,
i've been far for a while ... but here i'm coming back with some nice pictures of one of my last acquired items.

I had the chance to put my hands on a complete CMDS panel .. and .... well ... here it is ! ... It took some time to light up those damned lamps... but something is done. Next more difficult step will be to try to understand how work those "@@##@###" display i found inside !!!!

First picture is how it appears in sun light:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/CMDS_lights_2.jpg
Strale Project

Second picture is how it appears in the dark !

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/CMDS_lights_1.jpg
Strale Project

If anyone has some info on the ann. lamps MS90451-7152AS15 i will really appreciate it !

Best Wishes all !

Davide

Offline Crease-Guard

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2004, 12:28:24 AM »
That looks pretty sweet there Davide.  I had forgotten you had that ECM panel, makes me drool every time I see that.  That suckers rarer then hens teeth.

Jay

Offline drit

• LT. General
    • Awards
Re: Another Nice item: CMDS
« Reply #56 on: November 28, 2004, 05:29:00 AM »
If anyone has some info on the ann. lamps MS90451-7152AS15 i will really appreciate it !

http://www.sundialandpanel.com/products/panels/378-18.htm
http://www.oshino-lamps.fr/rubriques/produits/pages%20produits/T-1%20Short%20Wire%20Terminal.htm

Offline Flareless

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2004, 09:14:23 AM »
Great score Davide!  I've never seen those "Go" and "No Go" lamps.  Do you have any details about them or about when they light up?  I don't believe they're represented in the Falcon 4 pit (at least I don't recall seeing them before).

Thanks for the link Drit!  That site is going to be pretty cool once they've finished construction.
Blue Skies,

Flareless
Lower West Side Studio

Offline Ka-Bar03

• - Mike -
  • Administrator
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #58 on: November 28, 2004, 10:22:17 AM »
Nice catch Strale!

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Re: Another Nice item: CMDS
« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2004, 12:08:10 PM »
Quote from: "drit"

http://www.sundialandpanel.com/products/panels/378-18.htm
http://www.oshino-lamps.fr/rubriques/produits/pages%20produits/T-1%20Short%20Wire%20Terminal.htm

Thanks Drit ... but checked those site yet ... and didn't find the info i need.
In any case thanks again !

Davide

Offline drit

• LT. General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2004, 12:19:58 PM »
Davide,
What info you looking for ? can you be more specific ?
drit

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #61 on: November 28, 2004, 01:28:44 PM »
Quote from: "drit"
Davide,
What info you looking for ? can you be more specific ?
drit

Yep Drit,
i was looking for the pin-out of each display to try to figure out how it works the matrix circuit.

Thanks

Offline drit

• LT. General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #62 on: November 28, 2004, 01:42:36 PM »
ups, sorry misunderstood you.

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2004, 05:37:58 PM »
Quote from: "Flareless"
Great score Davide!  I've never seen those "Go" and "No Go" lamps.  Do you have any details about them or about when they light up?  I don't believe they're represented in the Falcon 4 pit (at least I don't recall seeing them before).

Thanks for the link Drit!  That site is going to be pretty cool once they've finished construction.

Never saw that lamps ? strange LOL .... Falcon 4 has that panel ... or you mean that you never saw the sequence of lighting ?
So.... don't have many details as all the info i searched for the AN/ALE47 didn't gave any resoult.
According to me they should work this way:
Mode in OFF - MWS in OFF - NO GO LAMPS Lighted - Dispence RDY off
Mode in Stdby - MWS in ON - GO LAMPS lighted  - Dispence RDY off
Mode in every position else off and std by - GO lamps lighted an Dispence RDY On
Main problem is:
What are the 01 and 02 switches and indicator for ?
As the Annunciator has 4 display per each section so a total of 16 displays and the wires available are only 20 there might be a "matrix circuit" but even making a lot of combination i was only able to identify each section and to light up all the displays ... It's a MESS ... believe me ! LOL

If someone has the same panel it would be great to share some info.

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Stick & Base
« Reply #64 on: April 22, 2005, 03:03:35 PM »
During last days ... due to a cold that kept me far from office ....
i had time to do something ... well .... not so many things as actually
there are a couple of things that i've to set up before announcing that construction will begin soon !!!!

but meanwhile i played a while with a block 52 stick and a block (maybe 5) base ..... too less informations available on these items ......

So ..... i started with main problem, while checking also the SSC modification thread ..... and thanks to all for the precious informations !!!

The stick have a connector with a lot of pins (counted.. but can't remember right now)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/Stick_Conn.jpg
Strale Project

and the Base has a less populated amphenol connector (518-7001)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/Base.jpg
Strale Project

Now.... what to do ??? changing the connector on the stick or on the base ???

As i don't have many informations about the stick installation i decided to go for replacing the base's connector ... (it is on the way ....... will rewire and install as soon as received)

So .... removing the connector it's not so difficult ... even if i understood what i had to do first asking to a Friend and then opening the device to understand where the cables were running.

1st Step: uninstalling the retention ring:
With a little screwdriver we need to push the retention ring in the place showed with the arrow ..... pay attention.... when it's out his place it will jump around... better to keep it far from eyes ....!!!!

2nd Step: loose the screw indicated by the other red arrow ...... that screw holds and tights a cable retention.... and the cables are the stick's cable that run in connector just in the midde of the connection panel

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/retention_ring.jpg
Strale Project
[/list]

and here how the base was appearing while the connector come out

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/P1010057.jpg
Strale Project

As the pins of the new connector are more little than the old one ... i decided to go for a straight CUT of all the wires .... in any case they won't have been usable during the rewire's works.....

Ok ..... i still need to place the connector .... but here's how my stick and base actually appears !

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/P1010059.jpg
Strale Project

Some other jobs to do .... but at least for the nice resoult... i'm just happy !

Cheers all

Offline Ka-Bar03

• - Mike -
  • Administrator
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #65 on: April 22, 2005, 03:30:04 PM »
whoa, lucky DOG!!! a real SSC!!

very nice, and very nice pics of it for my archive!!

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #66 on: April 22, 2005, 03:36:43 PM »
Quote from: "Kabar03"
whoa, lucky DOG!!! a real SSC!!

very nice, and very nice pics of it for my archive!!

Hey Dude ... thanks for your appreciation .....

Cheers

Offline Crease-Guard

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2005, 05:16:40 AM »
Strale, you're also doing to need to place a different connector for the output as well (i.e. in the center of the 4 LVDT's output connectors).  I believe the block 50 base has 37 connections in the base of the stick.  Did you manage to find a mate for that connector?  If you did, could you see if you can find a connector for the stick?  Mine was shot and I had to cut it off and solder on wire leads to mine.  I was planning on taking out the connector when I got my SSC and pulling the wires from my stick through the base and then attaching them to the 44 pin connector on the output.  This would prevent me from ever being able to remove the stick from the base without cutting all the wires, but may be the only option I have.

Jay

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2005, 05:45:35 AM »
Jay,
need to arrive to that stage to verify it ... but i don't think there's the need to change also that connector...... i mean...... is there really the need to have one pin for each wire ?

For the mating connector of the stick .... well ..... a friend of mine found a mating connector.... I also asked him if there were the chance to find some more as i thing there are more earlier bases around than latest... so probably someone might need that connector too .....
I didn't get still reply about more connectors .. but be sure that if he has more he will send .......
take in consideration that the connector i will receive is not the mating for the base ..... it's a mating for the male connector... so probably there will be the need to modify it ... but who might know ... maybe instead it fits perfectly in the base ..... will keep you updated !!!!!

I don't think that putting the wires direcly to the stick could work ..... for as what i understood the female connector join the tube where the ldvt are placed..... if you don't have something that from the stick goes into the tube i've severe doubt that the SSC will work .... Or am i missing something ?

would be great to exchange some pictures .......

Cheers

Quote from: "Crease-Guard"
Strale, you're also doing to need to place a different connector for the output as well (i.e. in the center of the 4 LVDT's output connectors).  I believe the block 50 base has 37 connections in the base of the stick.  Did you manage to find a mate for that connector?  If you did, could you see if you can find a connector for the stick?  Mine was shot and I had to cut it off and solder on wire leads to mine.  I was planning on taking out the connector when I got my SSC and pulling the wires from my stick through the base and then attaching them to the 44 pin connector on the output.  This would prevent me from ever being able to remove the stick from the base without cutting all the wires, but may be the only option I have.

Jay

Offline idekkers

• General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #69 on: April 23, 2005, 08:07:38 AM »
isn't this a regular cannon plug (mil spec of course)?

Ido

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #70 on: April 23, 2005, 09:44:49 AM »
Quote from: "idekkers"
isn't this a regular cannon plug (mil spec of course)?

Ido

Ido,
yes.... you're right .... they're mil-spec cannon plugs ... but the main problem is :
Look at first following picture ... look at the shape of that connector and the CUT that allow the intallation inside the TUBE where the LDVT are installed.
The dimeter of the connector is exactely 2 CM and it fits perfectly inside the base. The height of the connector is 1.4 Cm ... and it should fit inside the male connector on the stick

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/Connector_block10.jpg
Strale Project

Now look at the mating connector that was find for me !
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/Connector_Block52.jpg
Strale Project

Of course as i don't have it in my hand i really still don't know if his height from the collar, diameter and total lenght will be ok for the base ..... but
better this than a kick in the ass .... LOL

As you can see the connector was a standard cannon plug without its mounting hardware.

Bye all

Offline Crease-Guard

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #71 on: April 23, 2005, 02:52:22 PM »
Hmm....I never thought that the connector played a part in the operation of the stick itself.  I may very well need to replace my sticks connector inorder for my stick to work.

Jay

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #72 on: April 23, 2005, 03:06:12 PM »
Hmm....I never thought that the connector played a part in the operation of the stick itself.  I may very well need to replace my sticks connector inorder for my stick to work.

Jay

Jay,
that were my thought !!! ...... but looking at the mechanical construction of the base ..... well ... i really would not understand how to let feel the force to the transducers if the stick is not mechanically connected to the base ....

but i may be wrong ..... Any one can give his considerations ????

If you need to replace the connector on the stick ... let me know ..... i'd like to know how to remove it .... didn't find the trick !

Offline Crease-Guard

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #73 on: April 23, 2005, 03:26:18 PM »
Well, I got mine out of the stick.  I remember there's a retention ring in there like the base has.  It's been a while since I took mine out.

I figured that when you attached the stick to the base with the retention nut, this was all the physical interface you needed to allow the SSC to function with the LVDT's.  This, however, was an assumption on my part.

Jay

Offline Crease-Guard

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #74 on: April 23, 2005, 03:38:11 PM »
Here's a picture of the one from the stick base.  I cut this out of my stick because several of the pins were broken.  The notch you see goes on the stick side and that doesn't transmit any force or direction to the base or stick.  It is there, IMHO, to make sure the connector is oriented in the proper position.  

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v174/jfagner/SSC/DCP_5190.jpg
Strale Project

The part number for this is:

Bendix 9107  10-527235-35p

Jay

Offline idekkers

• General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #75 on: April 23, 2005, 03:48:38 PM »
since bendix make complete systems ( acording to thier site) the connectors are probably amphenol, so you can try locating it here :
http://www.amphenol-aerospace.com/sl100viewer.asp

amphenol plugs can be found all over the world.

Ido

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #76 on: April 23, 2005, 03:53:13 PM »
Well, I got mine out of the stick.  I remember there's a retention ring in there like the base has.  It's been a while since I took mine out.

I figured that when you attached the stick to the base with the retention nut, this was all the physical interface you needed to allow the SSC to function with the LVDT's.  This, however, was an assumption on my part.

Jay

I looked for a retention ring ... but wasn't able to find it .... but i found the retention pin on the lower back of the stick ..... but either removing that pin nothing happens else that the connector is free to turn ..... will try to have a better look !

Well .... dunno Jay ..... my stick doesn't move ... so probably the base is an old block 5 ..... but i tryed to understand how to transmit force to the lvdt.... .... if the stick is attached to the base trough the retention nut ....
is that the only one phisical interface needed ??? but heard that some bases allow the stick to move some inches .....damn ... i'd like to see the top of one of those newer bases .....

Thanks for the reference number for the connector .... is that the PN for the block 52 stick ???
If yes will try to send to my old pale ..... to see if it happens to find some of them !

Cheers

Offline Crease-Guard

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #77 on: April 23, 2005, 03:56:58 PM »
Yes, that's the PN for the block 52 stick.  It came from my stick  :wink:

Jay

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #78 on: February 12, 2006, 05:55:35 PM »
Ok ...
here another update !

TWP

All lamps wired .... and ... COMMON POSITIVE !

For the guys having a real TWP ... I think it's better to rewire all the assy !!
Pins for the switch are linked to the lamps with a resistor .... i don't know anything about that ... but for sure the switch internally changes the polarity for the lamp's pins ....

The indicator had 5 pins for lamps .... the middle one is the common (so + ) the external are shorted togheter .... the interna too .....

5   4        2    1  

and 6 pins for the switch (usually pin 3 and 6 are shorted)

1        2
3        4
5        6

When i tryed to hook that way some indicator i found that i was able to light up the lamp only giving current to the outer or inner pins ..... then I shorted the right most right with the first pin for lighting with the 2 pin of the switch (with + 12 V) the negative to pin number 6 of the lighting ....
Then it came back all normal !!!!

Pins 2 and 4 are for the switch

here some pictures of the indicators lighted !

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/twp4.jpg
Strale Project

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/twp3.jpg
Strale Project

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/twp2.jpg
Strale Project

If someone need more info just ask !

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Time To SHOW something !
« Reply #79 on: March 19, 2006, 05:24:06 PM »
Pls apologize for the slow update on the project .. but time is something that seems i cannot manage anymore !

wish only to show you some pictures of some stuff i never showed before !!!

First of all the DAY when my NEW trainer arrived home !

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/P1010058.jpg
Strale Project

Then the Trainer Parked in my garage !

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/P1010064.jpg
Strale Project

My ACES II Seat (sorry for the tilted picture !!!)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/P1010081.jpg
Strale Project

And the Right Side of the main instrument panel with Gauge Extension....
I proudly won the right RPM gauge on eBay ... so i'll be able soon to show a complete and correct "engine section" All the Gauges are simulated instruments from Malwin ... and i really hope to be able to drive them with my Epic System !

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/P1010101.jpg
Strale Project

Cheers all

Davide
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 04:58:55 AM by Strale »

Offline Flareless

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #80 on: March 19, 2006, 08:11:58 PM »
Beautiful new toy Davide!  What a great project!  It's amazing how many Airforce class Pit projects we're starting to see on the board.

:beer:
Blue Skies,

Flareless
Lower West Side Studio

Marvin

Strale Project
« Reply #81 on: March 20, 2006, 12:24:30 AM »
Wow, looks like that trainer caught on fire!  Hope I do better wiring job on my pit than they did! :D

Jody

Offline idekkers

• General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #82 on: March 20, 2006, 05:34:15 AM »
great catch davide.

what did the trainer come with? any panels gouges ?

Ido

Offline HOLLYWOOD

• Brig.General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #83 on: March 20, 2006, 08:24:20 AM »
sweet, it looks like your trainer got into a roll over accedent!, i wouldnt mind takin it off your hands though :)
HOLLYWOOD

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #84 on: March 20, 2006, 09:42:37 AM »
nah, looks like the pilot tried too hard to make a immelman and finished rolling the trainer on the canopy  :lol:

Now if I were to put that in the bedroom, I'd definitely be single  :lol:
great parts Davide

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline Armitage

• Brig.General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #85 on: March 20, 2006, 09:58:34 AM »
Are you sure that the previous owner's wife didn't just loose it because he was flying too much and she decided to have at him with a rolling pin?  :twisted:
Wayne
aka Kicker

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #86 on: March 20, 2006, 03:21:55 PM »
Beautiful new toy Davide!  What a great project!  It's amazing how many Airforce class Pit projects we're starting to see on the board.

Thank Mate .... your words are really motivating ! ....
Hope to show something great soon !

Cheers

Davide

Offline Flareless

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #87 on: March 20, 2006, 03:24:06 PM »
Naw, it's just realistic battle damage simulation.  You should see the other guy!

Good job making it home in a damaged jet Davide!  :beer:
Blue Skies,

Flareless
Lower West Side Studio

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #88 on: March 20, 2006, 03:31:02 PM »
Here some explanations ....

@Jody
Het Mate ... are you gelous ?? eh eh eh .... nope ... the trainer didn't take fire .... (at least since i will place wired panels there ! LOL) ....

@Hollywood & Armitage
Well ... the canopy is not from the trainer ... it's coming from a Belgian Mishap FA-93 in wich the unlucky pilot lost his life ....

@Idekkers
The trainer was almost empty .... i buyed the left and right aux consolle when it was somewhere else ... then i had the chance to put my hands on it .... and with some sacrifice i was able to acquire it !
Actual Stage for all my project is
Missing Parts:
DTU
FUEL QUANTITY INDICATOR
DED & PFD
So the GREAT HUNT for PARTS is almost ended !!!

Cheers All

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #89 on: March 20, 2006, 03:33:06 PM »
Naw, it's just realistic battle damage simulation.  You should see the other guy!

Good job making it home in a damaged jet Davide!  :beer:

eh eh eh eh ... great Rich ! ....
realized that the Viper is the POWERFUL aircraft being able to fly even with no wings !!! .. eh eh eh eh ....

Cheers

Marvin

Strale Project
« Reply #90 on: March 20, 2006, 07:12:24 PM »

@Jody
Het Mate ... are you gelous ?? eh eh eh .... nope ... the trainer didn't take fire .... (at least since i will place wired panels there ! LOL) ....

What are you serious???  I have the same thing, (that I built with my own hands) except it cost a fraction of the price, and it can easily be moved around.  Nope, trust me... Not JEALOUS!  :wink:

Jody

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #91 on: March 21, 2006, 05:03:49 AM »

@Jody

What are you serious???  I have the same thing, (that I built with my own hands) except it cost a fraction of the price, and it can easily be moved around.  Nope, trust me... Not JEALOUS!  :wink:

Jody

Mate ... was just kidding i've been envious for your pit for a while !!!
Cheers

Davide

Offline Armitage

• Brig.General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #92 on: March 27, 2006, 01:45:43 AM »
@Hollywood & Armitage
Well ... the canopy is not from the trainer ... it's coming from a Belgian Mishap FA-93 in wich the unlucky pilot lost his life ....

:shock: Ok, let me just remove this size 11 foot from my mouth.  :oops: Didn't mean to be disrespectful.
Wayne
aka Kicker

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #93 on: March 31, 2006, 04:33:10 PM »
Quote from: "Armitage"
@Hollywood & Armitage

:shock: Ok, let me just remove this size 11 foot from my mouth.  :oops: Didn't mean to be disrespectful.

NP Armitage ....  :)
really NP ! .......

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Some Pictures ....
« Reply #94 on: April 09, 2006, 12:38:48 PM »
Ok .. i'm still not flying ... but damn !
The canopy was unistalled without great trouble ! So i was able to gain full access to the cockpit ....
NOW I CAN BEGIN ....

I spent some hours to check situation and to figure out the work i have to do .... well ... identified and i just begun to do something .. but first i I placed some panels in the side consolle ... and ...... WOW .... this baby begins to looks like a Viper !!!!

Ok .. no more words and let's the pictures talk on my behalf !

From the Front !
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/00.jpg
Strale Project

FROM THE UPPER FRONT
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/000.jpg
Strale Project

FROM THE BACK LEFT SIDE
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/18.jpg
Strale Project

FROM THE BACK RIGHT SIDE
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/17.jpg
Strale Project

CLOSE UP FROM THE BACK RIGHT SIDE
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/1.jpg
Strale Project

INSIDE FROM ABOVE
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/14.jpg
Strale Project

LEFT SIDE CONSOLLE FROM INSIDE
As you can see the consolle is missing the MPO, JSF and ELEC ... but that's due to the fact that the Trainer was missing some parts .... and they've to be rebuilt ! ... as you can see a Dzus rail with correct lenght is laying nearby ! First Job will be to build two brakets to mount the rail on its position !.... Anti-G panel is not showed as i'm working on the metal backplate
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/12.jpg
Strale Project

RIGHT SIDE CONSOLLE FROM INSIDE
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/8.jpg
Strale Project

DETAILS OF THE LEFT SIDE CONSOLLE
Just read the NVG label on the ECM Panel  :lol:  ... and it's ORIGINAL !!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/2.jpg
Strale Project

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #95 on: April 09, 2006, 12:53:20 PM »
And here some stuff i recently acquired to make easy some jobs ! (or at least I hope so !)

Little Gantry CNC 3 Axis
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/fd_1_b.jpg
Strale Project

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/b9_1_b.jpg
Strale Project

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/c6_1_b.jpg
Strale Project

That will be driven by a cabinet with these boards inside:

CNC 3D Step board:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/46_1_b.jpg
Strale Project

Powered By:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/77_1_b.jpg
Strale Project

And the computer will be an old P150Mhz but cheap and working ! LOL
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/2c_1_b.jpg
Strale Project

Cheers All  :rolleyes:

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #96 on: April 09, 2006, 01:39:28 PM »
:lol:
Now that's where the expression "rebuiding a F-16 in his garage" came from  :P

A hell of a real part collection Davide  :wink:
Glad you're starting assembling

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Marvin

Strale Project
« Reply #97 on: April 09, 2006, 02:12:21 PM »
Davide,

Are you going to try and turn this into a C Model, or keep it an A model?

Jody

Offline Wildcat

• Col.
  • Outta missiles, outta bullets, outta excuses....
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #98 on: April 09, 2006, 02:29:34 PM »
I love irony. Usually, Jody, you'd think that would be a question someone would ask if the fuselage in question was a plastic model.  Nice pit, Davide!

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #99 on: April 09, 2006, 03:03:37 PM »
Davide,

Are you going to try and turn this into a C Model, or keep it an A model?

Jody

Jody,
probably you didn't realize that the right aux consolle has all the holes filled with metal resin (just to work on the PFD dimension ... but i'll do in a second step) ... and I hope soon (well as soon as i will receive Jason's plan ...) to make the new holes for the C model
You can't see obviously the right MFD's frame as the right aux consolle is slight different from the C model .. and this afternoon (after the Photo service ...) I spend some time on cutting the "extra parts" ....
Waiting for the Center Consolle (hope to receive it soon ...)
So it's DEFINETELY a Block 52 (didn't placed there the new Arc-164 Digital ... will do in a second time !) .....
Sorry I wasn't able to fix the Block 52 HUD !  :lol:   :lol:  .... but will show soon !  :wink:  
Someone Knows WHO i'm thanking for IT ! LOL

Cheers

Offline Ka-Bar03

• - Mike -
  • Administrator
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #100 on: April 09, 2006, 03:05:22 PM »
WOOT!

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #101 on: April 09, 2006, 03:24:29 PM »
WOOT!

Mike .... what does it stand for ? LOL !
Cheers
Davide

Offline Wildcat

• Col.
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #102 on: April 09, 2006, 04:13:41 PM »
If I may, Mike..... It's from American subculture: a hacker/geek slang called "Leet," I believe, as in Elite.  WOOT stands for We Own (the) Other Team.  Which, with pits like yours representing our own little pit builder subculture, we most certainly do!  :mrgreen:  Then again, WOOT simply means...."HEY, that's fantastic!"  ..when the rest of the "mundane world" uses it.  IrritateZ the hAcKeRz.   8)

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #103 on: April 09, 2006, 04:24:20 PM »
Quote from: "Wildcat"
If I may, Mike..... It's from American subculture: a hacker/geek slang called "Leet," I believe, as in Elite.  WOOT stands for We Own (the) Other Team.  Which, with pits like yours representing our own little pit builder subculture, we most certainly do!  :mrgreen:  Then again, WOOT simply means...."HEY, that's fantastic!"  ..when the rest of the "mundane world" uses it.  IrritateZ the hAcKeRz.   8)

Eh eh eh eh .... You never end to Learn ! .... Thanks Wildcat .. but .... to be honest i don't think my pitbuilding is an OverCulture .... I saw, i see things made by Talented Pitbuilders .... and let's don't forget what "pit building" means ...... Building a Cockpit .....
You know ... when you have no skills out probably the "ability" to build good relationships with man ... collecting parts is the only way !
If I had time and skills .... i'd like to be as Andre !!!
I keep off my Hat in front of Guys like Him, Mike, Olivier and all the others (sorry if I didn't mention ....) ....
But in any case ... thanks a lot for your appreciation !
Cheers All !

Davide

Offline Flareless

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #104 on: April 09, 2006, 04:26:10 PM »
Fantastic toy you have there Davide!  Great pictures :beer:
Blue Skies,

Flareless
Lower West Side Studio

Marvin

Strale Project
« Reply #105 on: April 09, 2006, 08:41:31 PM »
I love irony. Usually, Jody, you'd think that would be a question someone would ask if the fuselage in question was a plastic model.  Nice pit, Davide!

Wildcat,

Care to explain??  I have no idea what you are talking about?  Sounds pretty reasonable to me, considering the simulator was a Block 15 or A model for that matter, and the fact that his let Aux panel is from an A model, and the fact that the last collection of photos Davide sent me he had almost a complete A-model collected with regards to panels and front instrument panel.

So when I saw his panel layout which is that of a C model I was curious whether he was sticking to his roots, or recently changed his mind and is now going the C model route.

Jody

Marvin

Strale Project
« Reply #106 on: April 09, 2006, 08:44:45 PM »
Davide,

Great job!  I'm sure it will turn out great, good luck!  So you are going US type BLock 52?  I figured being in Europe you might prefer a MLU type?

Jody

Offline Wildcat

• Col.
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #107 on: April 09, 2006, 09:40:45 PM »

Care to explain??  I have no idea what you are talking about?  Sounds pretty reasonable to me, considering the simulator was a Block 15 or A model for that matter, and the fact that his let Aux panel is from an A model, and the fact that the last collection of photos Davide sent me he had almost a complete A-model collected with regards to panels and front instrument panel.

So when I saw his panel layout which is that of a C model I was curious whether he was sticking to his roots, or recently changed his mind and is now going the C model route.

Light humor, Jody.  It would not only be perfectly reasonable to convert the A model pit into a C, it would make complete sense given that Falcon 4 is based on C model variants.

My sense of irony was tweaked when I think of myself as a plastic model builder.  I wouldn't be surprised if many if not all of us were plastic model airplane builders at one time or another.  I still am in spirit, even though the last airplane I finished was for Honeywell back in 1976 - an F-16 that was to be displayed on the table as the guys wrangled out some sort of contract.  Turned out pretty okay.  Now I have a 1/32nd A model sitting in the model building queue, and I need to make it a C!!  Kit conversions are the norm when even thinking about building a kit any more for me.  Build it stock??  No way!  

And what is a cockpit builder?  A guy or gal that decides to scratchbuild their own model airplane.... in 1:1 scale.  :mrgreen:

Offline Killratio

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #108 on: April 09, 2006, 11:07:23 PM »
And here was me thinking "Irony" was just an adjective describing something that looked like metal.......well...I learned SOMETHING today!!
 :lol:  :lol:

Great 'pit Davide...and, oh, the KY-58 arrived fine..thanks

Darryl
PROUD SUPPORTER OF:

AND
[url=http://s24.photobucket.com/user/Ki

Marvin

Strale Project
« Reply #109 on: April 09, 2006, 11:18:22 PM »
WildCat,

Good enough, I understand you now.  It DOES make sense to build C models for todays F-16 sims, however I know Davide was pretty strong on building an A-model, hence my clarification.

Jody

Light humor, Jody.  It would not only be perfectly reasonable to convert the A model pit into a C, it would make complete sense given that Falcon 4 is based on C model variants.

My sense of irony was tweaked when I think of myself as a plastic model builder.  I wouldn't be surprised if many if not all of us were plastic model airplane builders at one time or another.  I still am in spirit, even though the last airplane I finished was for Honeywell back in 1976 - an F-16 that was to be displayed on the table as the guys wrangled out some sort of contract.  Turned out pretty okay.  Now I have a 1/32nd A model sitting in the model building queue, and I need to make it a C!!  Kit conversions are the norm when even thinking about building a kit any more for me.  Build it stock??  No way!  

And what is a cockpit builder?  A guy or gal that decides to scratchbuild their own model airplane.... in 1:1 scale.  :mrgreen:

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #110 on: April 10, 2006, 05:52:36 AM »
Well....
the main problem to me was to find the correct main instrument panel for the C model ... so i was at the beginning thinking to build an Hybrid F-16 ... C model's panel layout and A model Instrument panel ... but meanwhile things changed !
Got the two MFDs frames.... and waiting for the Center Consolle....
Being in touch to modify the front glareshield to a C looking type ... so definetely it will be a C model !
As per the MLU or Block 52 ..... i'd rather flying a block 52 ... but probably i will be forced to head to a MLU version due to the "paint" issue .....
Too many greys ... and at the end ... black is black ! LOL

Cheers

Davide

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
A Sad Story !
« Reply #111 on: April 18, 2006, 05:50:08 PM »
Hi to all the good fellows in the viperpit's community ....
Today i feel the need to write you about an Old Pale, an Old simulator "lover" .... This old Man ... was My Father.
His name was Giorgio .... and he left us last friday ... and today would have been his birthday .... 75 !

I can remember the days in wich i bought my first ATARI ..... and was flying the simulators from the 80s ..... where the Joystick was a simple stick ... with at one lonely button ...... and in those years ... where i was something more than a child my Father begun to grow his interest in these "games"  Then i left my home to join the Flight Academy ... then the Army, then i married and went to live 70km far from my family ... and he begun to play at the same games (all simualtors !!!)....... then the first PCs arrived ... and after some year (He was still playing with my Atari with a game called X-19 ....)
I gave him the first PC ..... i upgraded it since the last PIII500 and under his Thrustmaster PFCS (first), TALON (then) and Saitek X-45 (last) ran quite all the Flight Simulators from Falcon 3.0, Tornado, FS98, B2B (back to bagdad ... is there anybody that remember it ??), CFS I and II, Apache Longbow and USAF .... sometimes at my home, in my little lan, we flew also Falcon 4.0 ... but it was too difficult for him ... too many things to remember ........ he used to tell me .... but with Props ... damn .. he was good !

He was following also my experience with the Cockpit ..... wasn't able to understand HOW the HELL i was able to find that stuff but he was always asking me about my "hunt" .... and Men .... he was very active in helping me ..... most ot the backplate i had to replace ....were MADE by Him ! .........

Last week I was able to uninstall the Canopy ... i was painting the Pit and we were planning to meet him with my sister at my home for the Easter's dinner ...... he was willing to see the stage of my Pit .....  

But ..... Daddy went to sleep thursday .... and never woke up ......
he will never see my sister's daughter (and she's in final right now !) and ....... damn !

Why i decided to write here .... well ..... he was a simpitter and I was willing to give Him credit for the work he did for me ! .... and i was in the need also to share with MY Friends the sadness I feel ......

Thanks.

Davide
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 05:06:20 AM by Strale »

Offline Ghost

• General
  • VP Awards : Software Guru Award: Awarded to those with special software skills : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #112 on: April 18, 2006, 05:57:42 PM »
I'm sorry to hear your father have passed away and I'm sorry for your loss. Good luck and all the support for the coming times ahead of you.

Danny
Power is useless without control

Offline Nikolas_A

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #113 on: April 19, 2006, 10:01:14 AM »
My condolences, Davide. At least you can take some comfort in the thought that he went peacefully and without suffering.

Nikolas

Offline a_breytie

• Col.
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #114 on: April 19, 2006, 11:16:19 AM »
Davide my friend,
I know from experience that no words could fix that hole in your life the departure of someone dear leaves behind. All I can say is that our thoughts and prayers are with you and the rest of your family.

Andre SimNut

Offline Ka-Bar03

• - Mike -
  • Administrator
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #115 on: April 19, 2006, 11:29:22 AM »
Hi Davide, sorry for your loss.

Along with greiving, I think your father would want you to rejoice that you had the good relations you had together, that is what I would want from my sons when I depart.

Offline gancio

• -=VP Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #116 on: April 19, 2006, 12:16:09 PM »
Un abbraccio.

Offline Armitage

• Brig.General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #117 on: April 20, 2006, 02:43:35 AM »
Hi Davide,

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss!

Along with greiving, I think your father would want you to rejoice that you had the good relations you had together, that is what I would want from my sons when I depart.

Hear, hear!
Wayne
aka Kicker

farenheit03

Strale Project
« Reply #118 on: April 20, 2006, 11:04:19 AM »
No doubt he left a bit of his soul in your cockpit.  Every time you strap in you'll be close to him again.

F

Offline J.A.K.

• Brig.General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #119 on: April 20, 2006, 02:02:51 PM »
My sincere sympathies to you and your family.

Offline Boomer

• LT. General
    • http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h239/jimhinkle/boomer/bb1.jpg
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
so sorry
« Reply #120 on: April 20, 2006, 03:49:23 PM »
Davide, so sorry to hear about your loss.  I'll keep you in my prayers.

Boomer
Democracy is two wolves voting on what's for dinner, Liberty is a well armed sheep contesting the vote.

String2054

Strale Project
« Reply #121 on: April 21, 2006, 12:23:39 AM »
A loved one that has finished their life on earth is not gone, there life has just began. Thoughts and prayers are with you brother.

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #122 on: April 22, 2006, 09:56:48 AM »
Guys,

i wish to thanks all those that with words and thoughts were beside me in this moment ....

Thanks again !

Davide

Offline Rayman

• -=VP Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
Father
« Reply #123 on: April 22, 2006, 05:04:27 PM »
Hi Davide, i'm very sorry to here about the loss of your dad. I wish you and your family the strength to cope with this. My prayer and thoughts go to you and your family.

Raymond

Offline Dunk

• Dunk
  • -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • AVIATION SIMULATION GROUP
    • Awards
Your Loss
« Reply #124 on: April 23, 2006, 12:52:29 AM »
I am also very sorry to hear of your fathers passing, mine went home in 99. I will certainly add you to my prayer time Davide.

Your Friend,  The Kneeling Warrior (Robert Dunkelbarger)
I love the F-16 Fighting Falcon, the Ferrari F1 of fighter jets.

I love the Viper - a perfect melding of man and machine. 
~Dan Hampton~

http://aviationsimulationgroup.sharepoint.com/Pages/default.aspx

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #125 on: July 09, 2006, 02:40:34 PM »
Ok Guys,
after a while here a little update on my "madness" ....

Finally i received my MAIN INSTRUMENT PANEL ..... and just tryed to put it in place ..... as you can see there are tools and spray cans on the floor ... of course i'm working on it ! LOL !

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/5.jpg
Strale Project

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/4.jpg
Strale Project

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/1-1.jpg
Strale Project

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/3.jpg
Strale Project

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/2-1.jpg
Strale Project

Hope you will enjoy them !

Cheers All !

Davide
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 05:08:14 AM by Strale »

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #126 on: July 09, 2006, 03:23:15 PM »
eh eh eh eh ....
just realized that I placed the Instr mode panel up side down ! LOL !
 :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Offline Nikolas_A

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #127 on: July 09, 2006, 04:20:53 PM »
eh eh eh eh ....

Davide, Italy was on the World Cup final and you where posting on your progress report? You really are mad about your pit!

Nikolas

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #128 on: July 09, 2006, 04:27:50 PM »
Quote from: "Charos"
eh eh eh eh ....

Davide, Italy was on the World Cup final and you where posting on your progress report? You really are mad about your pit!

Nikolas

eh eh eh eh .... Nikolas ......
i uploaded the pictures on photobucket during the rest from the 1st and 2nd turn ...... then prepared the "post" ....... and at the end of the normal times i placed the post .... eh eh eh eh ..

Ok ... we're the World Champions ... but HONOR to France ! ..... this time we were Lucky !

Cheers All !

Davide

DRAKO

Strale Project
« Reply #129 on: July 11, 2006, 09:36:33 AM »

..... this time we were Lucky !

Sorry Davide, but we were the Best :twisted:

Great how your work is going on :wink:

Offline Mouse

• Col.
  • Grounded
    • http://www.viperflight.nl
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #130 on: July 15, 2006, 06:31:52 AM »
Davide,

As many others here you are doing a great job!!  8)
I really envy you guys for beeing far ahead on us!
Awesome center panel by the way  :D

Jerry

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #131 on: July 15, 2006, 06:39:39 AM »
Thanks Jerry !!!
Your words are honey to my ears ! LOL

the center consolle is not original but made from a Society in Germany !
but it's really great ! ....

Cheers

Davide

Offline Ka-Bar03

• - Mike -
  • Administrator
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #132 on: July 15, 2006, 07:41:56 AM »
Everything looks great Davide!!

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #133 on: July 29, 2006, 02:50:27 PM »
OK guys,
some more pictures showing that works are slow... but still going on !!!

Installed the Right Plastic Fairing, the Fore Arm Rest and the "seat" switch

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/P4.jpg
Strale Project

RUDDER INSTALLED on the Cockpit's Floor ....
now it begins to seems to "something" LOL

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/P3.jpg
Strale Project

Rudders from viewed from the front !
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/P2.jpg
Strale Project

Throtte and Throttle's Rail at their Place !!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/P1.jpg
Strale Project

Ok ....
And now !!!
WHO'S willing to help me to restore THIS ????

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/SEAT_1.jpg
Strale Project

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/SEAT_2.jpg
Strale Project

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/SEAT_3.jpg
Strale Project

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/SEAT_4.jpg
Strale Project

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/SEAT_5.jpg
Strale Project

PM Me if someone is willing to help me !

Cheers All

Davide

Offline Flareless

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #134 on: July 29, 2006, 03:39:14 PM »
Wow Davide!!  :shock:   That looks great!!

Good luck restoring the seat.  I'm sorry I can't be of any help there.

Beautiful work, thanks for the pics!
Blue Skies,

Flareless
Lower West Side Studio

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #135 on: July 29, 2006, 04:58:35 PM »
Thanks Flareless !  :)

there's a lot of way to go .... but one day i'm sure i'll be able to "fly" !  :lol:

As per the seat .. yep ... i know i need a lot of luck ! .... but i'm having some ideas !

First i have to put in place (i need a router's holder) my CNC ..... then i think i could upgrade it with longer endless screws and bars to have a greater gantry ...... probably it won't be so difficult ....
if i might be successfull i think the chance to restore the seat will be higher !!! .... or at least i will build another one !  :lol:  

Some months ago i was thinking to sell it on eBay ..... but then changed my mind ..... or quite !

Cheers

Davide

Offline HOLLYWOOD

• Brig.General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #136 on: July 31, 2006, 09:12:18 AM »
jesus thats a lot of friggin money right there!
HOLLYWOOD

Offline Feathers

• -=VP Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #137 on: August 01, 2006, 06:57:46 PM »
Davide,
hehehehe, man that trainer has travelled a lot.   For those that don't know it used to be mine.   I bought it , then I sold it and that person sold it to Davide.  hehehehe.    

Its an F-16 A model Weapons System Trainer built by Singer Link.   There are only 19 of them left in the world.   The other 20 that were built have been scrapped by the military.   I talked to the Program Manager who is in charge of those things for the military and it made him smile when I told him about it.

When I got it it was actually sitting on another section of frame that made it an additional 3 feet higher.   I had to remove that lower section just to get it on a truck.   I then sold that section for scrap for a whopping total of $7.50.   Steel just doesn't have much of a scrap value.  hehehe.

Its looking good Davide, I'm glad it found a good home.
Jim

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #138 on: August 02, 2006, 04:57:55 PM »
Quote from: "Feathers"
Davide,
hehehehe, man that trainer has travelled a lot.   For those that don't know it used to be mine.   I bought it , then I sold it and that person sold it to Davide.  hehehehe.    

Yep Jim,
it travelled really a lot ! ...

Its an F-16 A model Weapons System Trainer built by Singer Link.   There are only 19 of them left in the world.   The other 20 that were built have been scrapped by the military.  

So this is the very last Trainer still "living" .... well ... it has really few things from the Old layout .....
Main instrument panel and center consolle were upgraded to a Block 52 looking style, the left auxiliary panel was modified (filling the hole for LE FLAPS indicator) .... and the Right Auxiliary Consolle actually has quite all the holes filled with metal expoxy .....
Today i got some hole saw so as soon as i'll be back from my vacation i will begin to drill the holes for a block 52 looking style !
It would be great if you could find the outer skins ..... but if all the others were scrapped i really have few hope to find a suitable skin for it !

I talked to the Program Manager who is in charge of those things for the military and it made him smile when I told him about it.

Did you told him all the Tale ??? Damn .. would it be nice to keep in touch with him !

When I got it it was actually sitting on another section of frame that made it an additional 3 feet higher.   I had to remove that lower section just to get it on a truck.   I then sold that section for scrap for a whopping total of $7.50.   Steel just doesn't have much of a scrap value.  hehehe.

7.50 or 750 ?? ... damn ... if you go to a scrapeyard here in Italy you pay min. 1 Euro each Kg. of stuff you take .....

Its looking good Davide, I'm glad it found a good home.

Thanks Jim ..... i'm glad too !

Cheers

Davide

Jim

Offline Feathers

• -=VP Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #139 on: August 02, 2006, 11:49:13 PM »
Davide,
There were 39 of these trainers made and only 19 of them are still alive, 20 of them have been scrapped.  

Here in the U.S. steel doesn't have very much value unless you have tons and tons of the stuff.
Jim

Offline Nikolas_A

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #140 on: August 03, 2006, 05:04:42 AM »
Also, Davide, you'll find out that if you try to sell them scrap, the prices will be much, much lower.

A friend of mine sells bolts and fasteners. He has tons of obsolete types of fasteners he wanted to sell for scrap. The price was hardly covering the handling costs.

Nikolas

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #141 on: August 03, 2006, 06:58:04 AM »
Ok Guys,

so i suggest you to consider to open a "scrap" selling office here in Italy .... eh eh eh eh .....
One day i saw at a JunkYard the Radar Cone of a Tornado ..... and asked for the price ! ..... 250 Euros ! ....
There were some Pylons too ..... also there asked for price ... 300 Euros ....
Think that if you're a "private" you can't cover your handling costs .... but if you try to buy back your own stuff ... you'll find it really pricey !!!

Cheers

Davide

Offline Nikolas_A

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #142 on: August 03, 2006, 07:18:29 AM »
Davide, what I'm trying to say is that they buy low and sell high, everywhere in the world. If you went to the same yard trying to sell a Radar Cone they'd probably offer you 10? or something.

Nikolas

Offline Iceman_JD

• Col.
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #143 on: August 05, 2006, 03:39:19 PM »
Hi Strale,

My name is John and I live in Glendale, Arizona.  One of the many cities that make up Phoenix.  

I'm new to the ViperPit forum and joined because like everybody else here I was bit by the pit building bug.  I'd like to say your doing a great job on your project from what I can see from you posts and very impressed with you work.

Oh and by the way I'm going on vacation in March 2007 and will be in Italy for a few days and love to see your project in person.  Don't know if I'll be in your area or will have the time but things have a way of working out.  Anyway just wanted to say hello.

Let me know if I can do anything for you.

John

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #144 on: September 19, 2006, 01:05:22 PM »
Quote from: "Iceman_JD"
Hi Strale,

My name is John and I live in Glendale, Arizona.  One of the many cities that make up Phoenix.  

I'm new to the ViperPit forum and joined because like everybody else here I was bit by the pit building bug.  I'd like to say your doing a great job on your project from what I can see from you posts and very impressed with you work.

Oh and by the way I'm going on vacation in March 2007 and will be in Italy for a few days and love to see your project in person.  Don't know if I'll be in your area or will have the time but things have a way of working out.  Anyway just wanted to say hello.

Let me know if I can do anything for you.

John

Hi John
thanks for your kind words .....
as per your trip to Italy ... just let me know your stops ... and we'll see if there's the chance to meet .... i will be very glad !

Cheers

Davide

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #145 on: September 19, 2006, 05:14:31 PM »
Ok guys ... i'm not still .... but obviously things are getting harder day by day .....
These days i finally was able to connect (electronically) my Block 52 Stick to a Block 5 Base .....
Of course the game was not easy ....
First i had to find a suitable connector (37 pins) as i didn't want to connect "flying" cables .... and I MUST thanks the Old Friend MATT .....

Then i had to replace ALL the wires removing the old center connector on the base ... and DAMN you can bet that placing 31 cables in the Base was surely not easy .....
Made a lot of mistakes .... but the experience is growing .......

At the end of the work only ONE button was not responding .... but fortunatly was only due to a not complete insertion of the female pin in the connector ... so it was easily fixed !

Well .... You can bet Guys that checking each function of the stick with the multimeter was really full of Pathos ..... and satisfation was great at the enf of the work ! .......

Some pictures .... ok .. not much to see ... but a NICE SSC & STICK!! LOL

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/ssc_3.jpg
Strale Project

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/ssc_2.jpg
Strale Project

The Original connector (an Ampthenol 7826 M24308/4-12) a 26 pin high density was swapped with a standard DB25 ... (here made another error .... i thought to install the connector from the inside ... but realized too late that I had soldered from the Outside !  :oops:  :oops:  :oops: )....
I don't plan to "rewire" again .... i will live with it ! but as usual next time i will deal with such problems ... i remember my mistakes !

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/ssc_1.jpg
Strale Project

Just want to know how I lost about 2 hours this evening ???
The DB25 hold the switches and hats signals .... there are 22 active seginals and one common wire ..... try to figure out preparing 22 little cable's rolls of 5 meters to join the stick to the EPIC on the back of my trainer .... ! DAMN ! ..... that's a lot of time ....  10 made ..... 13 still to make !

But i didn't finish .....

Having a real Stick and SSC lead to other problems ...... How to make it works with a SIM ....

And here comes in help the MKI controller made by Marv de Beque ... (a great friend of me decided to sell it ... and ... i was glad to buy it !) .......

Here a couple of reference's pictures

MKI Front

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/MKI_front.jpg
Strale Project

MKI Rear

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/MKI_rear.jpg
Strale Project

Actual Status:
Pitch Cable: Wired
Roll Cable: Wired
Power Cable: 80% Wired ... (still need a couple of informations from Marv)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/marv_controller2.jpg
Strale Project

and here how the whole assembly looks like

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/ssccontroller.jpg
Strale Project

I hope you enjoyed this post

Cheers All

Davide

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #146 on: October 08, 2006, 04:48:33 PM »
Ok it's time for another update ! ...
well ... nothing serious out the "stuff" ... but as there was a missing part from the left side consolle .... and Jason Was GREAT with his help  :lol:  :lol:  I had a "dry fit" to feel the pit ! ...... and damn .. It's GREAT !

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/P1010013.jpg
Strale Project

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/P1010014.jpg
Strale Project

All Panels FITS perfectly !!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/P1010015.jpg
Strale Project

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/P1010016.jpg
Strale Project

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/P1010018.jpg
Strale Project

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/P1010021.jpg
Strale Project

This is not a "modified" picture .... i tryed to take a snapshot from behind the trainer.... where there's a big hole in a Rib (air cond ?? .. probably .. or place for wires ! ) ... i liked the result ... even if as it was taken during the night ... well .... it's not clear

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/P1010022.jpg
Strale Project

In this picture you can see the hole i was talking about in the previous picture ... but on the other side ! (with CRU 68 and DTU in place !)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/P1010024.jpg
Strale Project

Some other snapshots !
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/P1010034.jpg
Strale Project

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/P1010033.jpg
Strale Project

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/P1010031.jpg
Strale Project

Offline Killn

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #147 on: October 08, 2006, 11:39:50 PM »
Davide,

Great pics!  She's gonna be a beauty when she's finished! :beer:  Very nice collection of parts you have there.

Cheers,
Jason
How can I fail when I don't have a purpose?

Marvin

Strale Project
« Reply #148 on: October 09, 2006, 08:25:28 AM »
Strale,

Very nice work!!!  Looks like you have a USAF setup..  Just curious though, I think you placed the order wrong for the AVTR and ECM panel.  Otherwise that looks like the cats ass!!  Great work!

Jody

Offline Flareless

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #149 on: October 09, 2006, 08:32:57 AM »
Fantastic Davide!  Using all the real panels give the pit, well, a more "realistic" feeling.  I know it sounds dumb but your pit really looks like the inside of an F-16.  It was really worth the extra effort.  Thanks for sharing the photos and please keep us posted with updates.
Blue Skies,

Flareless
Lower West Side Studio

Offline mihi4

• General
    • http://www.f16simulator.net
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #150 on: October 09, 2006, 08:47:15 AM »
I think you placed the order wrong for the AVTR and ECM panel.

That's the thing when making quick pics ;)
If you look closer, you'll notice the ELEC panel "upside down" :D

great work, Davide!!
That's how an F-16 sim is supposed to look like :)

greetings
michi
Michi "MiHi" Hirczy
www.f16simulator.net

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #151 on: October 09, 2006, 09:04:35 AM »
Strale,

Very nice work!!!  Looks like you have a USAF setup..  Just curious though, I think you placed the order wrong for the AVTR and ECM panel.  Otherwise that looks like the cats a.s.s!!  Great work!

Jody

Jody,
once you asked me if i was going to build a block 15 or a mlu ..... i replyed ... a Block 52 ... and that's it ! ...
You hit my ass Jody .... indeed i misplaced the AVTR and ECM .... but I also made another GREAT error .... i placed the ELEC upsidedown ! ...
Ok .. was tired and was dark ! ... need to place some other lamps in the garage ! LOL

Thanks for Your kind words on the whole project ! ....
Cheers

Davide

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #152 on: October 09, 2006, 09:18:02 AM »
Fantastic Davide!  Using all the real panels give the pit, well, a more "realistic" feeling.  I know it sounds dumb but your pit really looks like the inside of an F-16.  It was really worth the extra effort.  Thanks for sharing the photos and please keep us posted with updates.

@KILLN
Jason.... My PIT has some of Your JOB Inside ..... can we say "Killn Driven"??

@Jody
One thing is still wrong .. the ARC164 is the old type ... i didn't placed there the New one (digital ...) that's still on my "work's table" ....

@Flareless
Thanks .... I love You ! ... eh eh eh eh ... that's the MOST beautifull compliments i ever received .... saying that it's really looks like an F-16 cockpit ... it's not Dumb ! ... LOL ....

I still need to find a GOOD MAN willing to help me for the small glareshields .... I still have the old types .. but in the NEED of the new ones ... fiberglass replica are also OK !

Cheers All

Davide

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #153 on: October 09, 2006, 09:30:33 AM »
Quote from: "mihi4"
I think you placed the order wrong for the AVTR and ECM panel.

That's the thing when making quick pics ;)
If you look closer, you'll notice the ELEC panel "upside down" :D

great work, Davide!!
That's how an F-16 sim is supposed to look like :)

greetings
michi

Mihi ! You were the first to realize .....
Sorry .. but it was late, dark, wife was callong for dinner ...
was tired, a Fire in the City, an earthquake, the Third World War ... the Locustes (eh eh eh eh ..... I'm feeling John Belushi in The Blues Brothers ....)

Cheers

Marvin

Strale Project
« Reply #154 on: October 09, 2006, 09:34:36 AM »
Strale,

It's alright brother!!  I would have been anxious to take the photos as well!

Jody

Offline Ka-Bar03

• - Mike -
  • Administrator
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #155 on: October 09, 2006, 12:09:33 PM »
Nice pics Davide, many years of part hunting on display!!! Looks like your trainer is comming to life. Do you have a heated space to work on it over the winter?

For the newer guys that read this, Strale is one of the "Go To" guys when your hunting an alusive part down. Must have contacts all over the globe.

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #156 on: October 09, 2006, 01:02:19 PM »
Quote from: Kabar03
Nice pics Davide, many years of part hunting on display!!! Looks like your trainer is comming to life. Do you have a heated space to work on it over the winter?

For the newer guys that read this, Strale is one of the "Go To" guys when your hunting an alusive part down. Must have contacts all over the globe.

Yep Mike ... she's (or he's ... still didn't decide ...) b.t.w. Viper in English is Male ... isn't it ? ... in Italian is Female ! LOL !
It's not heated Mate ... i think i will have to find something .... i was planning to find one of those home air cond with cold and warm .... and make a real air cond .... unfortunately I can't place the canopy on the trainer ... (too low roof ...) otherwise it would have been a good solution !

but surely i have to find a solution for the winter's time !

Davide
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 05:14:45 AM by Strale »

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #157 on: November 19, 2006, 04:32:08 PM »
Small but MAJOR UPDATE !!!

Ok Dear Guys ... i must admit that another great step ahead was done this week !
When i've been out from a business trip i found a package laying in my "room" ... and suddendly realized that it has inside the MODIFIED SMALL GLARESHIELDS i was waiting for !
I have to admit that the Job was done really professionally ..... and i'm proud to show you the results ...
Now they have a grey primer paint .... still have to make a couple of holes (IFF/ACK), 2 Module Four functions, Indexers, and 5 module 10 functions ... hope to make them next week and then to apply the more aggressive Black Paint ....

FROM THE FRONT
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/GS2.jpg
Strale Project

FROM INSIDE
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/GS3.jpg
Strale Project

FROM OUTSIDE
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/GS1.jpg
Strale Project

Davide

Offline Flareless

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #158 on: November 19, 2006, 05:08:55 PM »
Hey Davide,

Looking good.  It's great when a new milestone is reached in the pit.  I look at milestones as those things that occur which allow us to suddenly leap forward with many modifications after the milestone is crossed.  My next milestone is the cutting of my panels (which I'm hoping will get done this week).  With your new glareshield I'm sure we'll be seeing wonderful things happening to your pit in the weeks to come.  Congratulations!  Your pit is awesome and I expect it to get even better.
Blue Skies,

Flareless
Lower West Side Studio

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #159 on: November 19, 2006, 05:16:21 PM »
Rich,
again to THANKS you for your warm and motivating words !
I do really appreciate them !
Yes... it's a milestone .... now it's time to end games and begin to work seriously ... 8 years are flown .... next year the pit Has to be Operational !

Thanks again !

Cheers

Davide

Offline Skorp

• Brig.General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #160 on: November 20, 2006, 07:00:16 AM »
Puffffffffffffffffffff

What a piece of work, man...

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #161 on: November 26, 2006, 11:19:27 AM »
Hey Guys,
really have been unable to refrain to place some pictures about a "dry fit" on the left hand small glareshield.

With some scare i made the extra holes to install the two module four function assy, the IFF/Ack, and the AOA indexer ....

after few minutes ... here's the result !

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/1-2.jpg
Strale Project

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/2-2.jpg
Strale Project

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/3-1.jpg
Strale Project

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/4-1.jpg
Strale Project

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/5-1.jpg
Strale Project

Next Step ...... black painting .....
I'm planning to take some rest from the official work ... and going ahead with the project !

Hope you enjoyed the pictures.

Davide

Offline Ka-Bar03

• - Mike -
  • Administrator
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #162 on: November 26, 2006, 12:20:42 PM »
Wow, awsome Mod work!  Congrats Davide

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #163 on: November 26, 2006, 12:36:29 PM »
Wow, awsome Mod work!  Congrats Davide

Thanks Mike,
but to be honest .... credits for the MOD are to be given to another SKILLED Man .... not me !
Cheers
Davide

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #164 on: November 26, 2006, 03:35:59 PM »
Strale,

A note of warning for the future...
When you'll be wiring those lights, you'll need to be sure that they are isolated from the glareshield.
That is place a sheet of isolant between the light assy and the metal glareshield and use nylon screws for instance to attach the light assy.

Otherwise, the voltage will spead along the glareshield, and the master caution will be wired to the UCC and the Xkey (or any other USB device)
NOT good  :wink:  
Don't ask how I know ... when I pressed my Master caution button, i had the light coming ON  :oops:

So great care will be required there - don't be as stupid as me
 :!:

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #165 on: November 26, 2006, 03:51:27 PM »
Quote from: "Red Dog"
Strale,

A note of warning for the future...
When you'll be wiring those lights, you'll need to be sure that they are isolated from the glareshield.
That is place a sheet of isolant between the light assy and the metal glareshield and use nylon screws for instance to attach the light assy.

Otherwise, the voltage will spead along the glareshield, and the master caution will be wired to the UCC and the Xkey (or any other USB device)
NOT good  :wink:  
Don't ask how I know ... when I pressed my Master caution button, i had the light coming ON  :oops:

So great care will be required there - don't be as stupid as me
 :!:

Thanks Olivier,
i would have shot you a message when wiring up as i read Your post about the lamps ..... but there's still something that i can't understand ....
with my pit i will be in any case forced to use the "metal" as ground ....
that's for all the lamps .... if you isolate the indicators from the structure You should not have such problems .... or i'm wrong ..??
In any case when it will be the "time" i will ask Your suggestions ...
Thanks Mate !

Davide

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #166 on: December 02, 2006, 06:07:05 PM »
Against the usual ... this won't be an up-date on my Sim .. but the Report of Today......

I hope You will enjoy the TALE and the PICTURES .........

I've been involved, during these last two days, in our annual Management Convention at our HeadQoarter in BOLZANO (just few km south of the Austrian Border).
Each convention our CEO is able to spoil us with some surprise .....
Yesterday evening, after the usual Dinner, all the managers (and i mean... all the directors from the CEO to the Branches directors .... around 80 people) were divided in 3 groups ......
We really had no chance to discover our gift !

Ok .. let's go on with the tale !

The 3 groups were reserved some very uncommon activities for the next day:
Group N? 1 - A one hour flight on a small aircraft
Group N? 2 - A 1/2 hour flight on an Hely
Group n? 3 - A Tandem Free Fall Jump from 10.000 feet

DAMN !
Guess where i was going to ???? eh eh eh eh eh

Well i choosed the flight on the small aircraft as i intended it was an aerobatic flight ....  
Today i discovered it was not an aerobatic flight .. but i had a better surprise .....

Today we woke up at 07:00 a.m. at 08:15 we were in the meeting's hall .... we had still a couple of hours dealing with flow charts, diagrams, forecast, budgets and so on ... but .....
at 10:15 we headed to the nearby AIRPORT (LIPB) at
N 46? 27.30' - E 11? 19.50'

This is the FIRST TIME i take my small digital camera with me (in such occasion...) but this time i was very gratefull for my decision !!!!!

I didn't take any pictures of the Aicraft .. but it was a Cessna Skimaster ... probably a 337..... 240Hp.

And here some pictures of the Day !

LINED UP AND READY TO GO
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/lined_up_1.jpg
Strale Project

SECOND TURN AFTER TAKE OFF- VSI 500Ft/min - Bolzano City is on the right
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/climbing_1.jpg
Strale Project

OUR HEAD-QUARTER
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/headQ_Fercam.jpg
Strale Project

FEW MINUTES AND WE ARE HEADING NORTH LEAVING BOLZANO BEHIND US
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/Bozen.jpg
Strale Project

VIPER ONE ONE CLIMBING TO 8 THOUSAND - SPEED IS 80 MPH, VSI SET AT 500Ft/Min - Mainfold Pressure is 22 - Outside temperature is -12?C
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/Climbing_2.jpg
Strale Project

AND NOW SOME PICTURES TAKEN TO THE DOLOMITIES (Eastern Alpes) FROM FL 8 to FL 10 WITH LEVEL AND BANKING FLIGHT

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/reaching_FL10.jpg
Strale Project

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/Dolomities_from_FL10_1.jpg
Strale Project

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/Dolomities_from_8KF_2.jpg
Strale Project

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/Dolomities_from_8KF.jpg
Strale Project

BANKING LEFT AT FL 10
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/Banking_FL10_1.jpg
Strale Project

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/Banking_FL10.jpg
Strale Project

BANKING LEFT HARD AND PULLING A COUPLE OF G's
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/P1010063.jpg
Strale Project

FOR THOSE WHO LOVES MOVIES, HERE WAS FILMED "CLIFFHANGER"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/CliffhangersJPG.jpg
Strale Project

Meanwhile we were having some good time ... I was also speacking with the Pilot ... telling him my experiences at the Flight Academy, then in the Army with the AL-19 ...... and from this moment since the touch down .... i had my day of Glory when suddenly happened:

Pilot; <<Do you want to take Controls?"
Me: <<No Thanks..... too many years passed>>
Pilot: <<Come on ....>> and keeping off the hands from the joke.....<<It's Your!>>
Me: <<DAMN ... Glad of it !>>

After 22 YEARS i was able again to gain the control of an aircraft for about 20 minutes .....
I took it at FL 10 and gently flew banking here and there till we were in sight of the airport .... i then followed the pilot's instruction for their common approach .... lined up the baby to the runaway at FL 1.5 .... and then.... i left him again the joke !

Well Guys ... i have to admit that I never thought i would have been again able to fly .... also a little bird in real ... but hope you will believe that i found it so natural as i ended to fly the day before !

Last pictures are about the very few last minutes of our flight ..... I forgot to tell that we had also two passangers (two of my collegue ... and damn ..... think you can figure out their tongue out of their mouth ! as quite nobody knew about my past ....... and now they know .............

STALL WARNING
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/stall_warning.jpg
Strale Project

TOUCH DOWN
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/touch_down.jpg
Strale Project

LIPB'S TOWER
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/BZ_TowerJPG-1.jpg
Strale Project

Well ... hope you enjoyed the tale and the pictures of that beautifull Landscape

Cheers ALL

Offline lowwing_99

• Col.
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #167 on: December 02, 2006, 07:16:57 PM »
Great pictures, this is the type of flying that I am use to.  Looks like some nice avionics, were to 2 nav/coms Bendix King KX 155's, & the audio pnl a KMA 24.  Looked liked an older ADF, but nice flight instruments.  Keep going up, have some more fun.  Remember some pics.
On Localizer, On Glide Slope

Offline Killn

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #168 on: December 02, 2006, 09:41:25 PM »
Davide,

Beautiful pics buddy, thanks for sharing!!! :beer:

Cheers,
Jason
How can I fail when I don't have a purpose?

Offline Nutty

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • LT. General
    • FlyFoxy.com
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #169 on: December 03, 2006, 04:22:05 AM »
Great photos Strale - look slike you had a blast ;)

Offline Flareless

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #170 on: December 03, 2006, 06:27:55 AM »
That's beautiful landscape Davide.  What a great time you must have had!  Thanks for sharing the pictures.
Blue Skies,

Flareless
Lower West Side Studio

Offline J.A.K.

• Brig.General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #171 on: December 03, 2006, 08:03:18 AM »
OMG Davide,
This summer I drove by that airport at Bolzano when I was heading to Desenzano at Lago di Garda for vacation. In the car I already said that you could make some nice flights there :D
Great story  :supz: ,
Jaap

Offline Ka-Bar03

• - Mike -
  • Administrator
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #172 on: December 03, 2006, 09:09:32 AM »
Davide, you sure it wasn't a dream or an adventure you flew in MSFX? LOL!!

You had to be close to heaven! The landscape there looks great! Gret pics
and cool of you to share it!

Offline thebeev

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • LT. General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #173 on: December 03, 2006, 07:10:46 PM »
Great picks strale, Thanks for sharing  :)

Offline mihi4

• General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #174 on: December 04, 2006, 02:41:58 AM »
Great report, Strale!!

It reminds me of my 28th birthday, where I got a ride on a small Robin from my girlfriend as bday present. The area she is coming from is just on the "other side" (Austrian part) of the mountains you showed us in these great pics...

Our pilot started the engines, took of and after 5 seconds said "Ok, I'll just make this one turn an then it's yours..." You should have seen my smile *g* (and my girlfriends shocked eyes :D)
At the end, he let me do the first part of the approach, and commented it with a dry "Very good, but we don't want to land on the street there, just pull a little up..." LOL....

Thx again for the great pictures...

greetings
michi
Michi "MiHi" Hirczy
www.f16simulator.net

Offline Rayman

• -=VP Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #175 on: December 04, 2006, 05:09:21 AM »
Thanks for sharing the pics Davide, what a fantastic landscape!
Must have been  a great experience.

Raymond

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #176 on: December 07, 2006, 01:35:54 PM »
Thanks guys for the nice words ....
yep indeed it was a nice day !!!

Cheers all !

Davide

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #177 on: December 07, 2006, 01:52:23 PM »
Ok ... now let's go for another update !

i had some day of rest from work ... and guess what i did ?? eh eh eh eh worked a while on wiring up stuff .....
I finished to paint the small glareshields ....
i modified the Master Caution assy to work more easier (two wires for lamp and two wires for switch ....)
i modified also the two module four function assy ...( one common and four leads for lights ... the original stuff was unusuable without getting mad .... so i decided to go for the easier way .....)
also opened the IFF/ACK .... checked for switches and lamps ... made the usual common for switches .... and placed a DB9 at the place of the original mil spec connector .... lamps are working .. and i got three more switches available (as in falcon only the ACK switch is emulate !)

Placed also all the lamps ... and tryed a "dry fit" with the left side instrument panel .....

Here some pictures for Your pleasure !

This is the Original picture I took for reference !
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/Real_Reference.jpg
Strale Project

And THIS is how my glareshield now looks like
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/g9.jpg
Strale Project

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/g7.jpg
Strale Project

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/g6.jpg
Strale Project

Not so bad ... isn't it ??

Ok .. some more pictures to show some details ...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/g5.jpg
Strale Project

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/g4.jpg
Strale Project

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/g3.jpg
Strale Project

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/g2.jpg
Strale Project

if you have a look at the "connectors" probably you will be asking your self what kind of shells are them .... well .....
the little ones are "salvaged" from the PC serial ports that goes behind the computer in those small slots ... they've been a little bit modified as i'm not using flat cables. Then i bought some wide heatshrink tubes ... placed the shells inside and with some heat the game is done .....
i didn't like the standard grey of those shells but i didn't want to paint them in black ... so ... this solution seemed to me the best choice !

Cheers All !

Davide

Offline mihi4

• General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #178 on: December 07, 2006, 02:05:39 PM »
WOW, great work, Davide!!

That glareshield is a perfect piece of work! Can't wait so see new pics!

greetings
michi
Michi "MiHi" Hirczy
www.f16simulator.net

Offline Flareless

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #179 on: December 07, 2006, 03:48:44 PM »
Excellent work Davide.  I really like the work you did on the connectors.  Very innovative!
Blue Skies,

Flareless
Lower West Side Studio

Offline thebeev

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • LT. General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #180 on: December 08, 2006, 12:10:47 AM »
sweeet! Excellent work Strale, top notch  :)

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #181 on: December 10, 2006, 03:50:33 PM »
Another quick update and some neat pictures ....

today i worked quite hard .... slightly modified the left and right side of the main instrument panel ... as there was not so space to fit the TFT displays ... i had to make some "CUT"
It took 45 dremel's blades to make the two cut ... damn .. have to find a quicker and cheaper solution .....
Then i riveted the leg's protections panels to the instrument panel ...
I will use them to place the VGA boards of the TFT display .....

Then mounted some stuff to see how it looked ... and here's the result !

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/P1010024-1.jpg
Strale Project

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/P1010023.jpg
Strale Project

I didn't mount the HSI as it's lays opened on the desk ! LOL
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/P1010022-1.jpg
Strale Project

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/P1010020-1.jpg
Strale Project

Also lots of wires are shown there ... eh eh eh .. stuff's ready to be interfaced !

Cheers All

Offline Flareless

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #182 on: December 10, 2006, 04:56:32 PM »
Hey Davide, looking good!

I used to chew through those Dremel cutting disks too then Hack told me to try their heavy duty disks.  Since I've switched to the heavier disk I've broken only 2 whereas before I would have broken dozens.  If you're not already using them, give them a try.

Blue Skies,

Flareless
Lower West Side Studio

Offline Ka-Bar03

• - Mike -
  • Administrator
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #183 on: December 10, 2006, 05:04:37 PM »
Nice!!

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #184 on: December 10, 2006, 05:55:31 PM »

I used to chew through those Dremel cutting disks too then Hack told me to try their heavy duty disks.  Since I've switched to the heavier disk I've broken only 2 whereas before I would have broken dozens.  If you're not already using them, give them a try.

Heavy duty ?? any more info available ?? I asked to the local retailer but he gave me only the standard .....
thanks

Davide

Offline Flareless

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #185 on: December 11, 2006, 07:08:15 AM »

Heavy duty ?? any more info available ?? I asked to the local retailer but he gave me only the standard .....
thanks

Davide

I'm at the office now but I'll get the part number when I get home (unless someone can beat me to it).  They resemble the standard cutting disks but they're a bit larger, have a more gritty surface and are much harder.
Blue Skies,

Flareless
Lower West Side Studio

Offline Ka-Bar03

• - Mike -
  • Administrator
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #186 on: December 11, 2006, 01:13:03 PM »
I think you are refering to the fiberglass reinforced disk? Yes, they do hold up much better than the small brittle ones.

Offline Flareless

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #187 on: December 12, 2006, 09:04:23 PM »
Sorry for the delay Davide.  The part is the #426 Dremel Reinforced Cut-off Wheel.  These babies will cut and cut without splitting (at least for a long while).
Blue Skies,

Flareless
Lower West Side Studio

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #188 on: December 17, 2006, 08:22:24 AM »
Thanks Mate,
will check for Those !
Thanks again

Davide

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #189 on: December 17, 2006, 05:10:30 PM »
Guys,
today Jay helped me to take back to life an IP-1310/ALR.

I was following them ... and when read his message I suddenly dropped him a message ..... i was second on the list... but as we have the same display ... was quite easy for him giving me the right instructions .....

FIRST TEST:
Having the indicator display a single centered green DOT !
SUCCESFULL
(sorry for the blurry images .... the beam is clear and crisp... only a camera's problem)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/P1010029.jpg
Strale Project

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Strale/P1010032-1.jpg
Strale Project

SECOND TEST (as soon as possible)
Cheching that the internal coils are deflecting correctly !

Hope You all enjoyed the pictures !

Davide

Offline jethomasjr

• Col.
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #190 on: December 17, 2006, 08:23:27 PM »
I'm jealous. Excellent work on the small glareshields. How do I get a set made?

Jack

Offline Dunk

• Dunk
  • -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
Your Pit Pics
« Reply #191 on: December 18, 2006, 12:33:29 AM »
Davide,
I love your Thread.
I capture all of your pictures as quick as you post them.
They are so good (clear and Crisp) and your pit looks so accurate too.
Your Thread is a good reference for what I want my pit to look like.
I am thankful for you and your dedication to post here.

Thank you for the well wishes too.

Dunk

~Dan Hampton~

LeoL

Strale Project
« Reply #192 on: December 18, 2006, 10:35:44 PM »
FIRST TEST:

All hail the god of the ?focused green dot? that has granted you this privilege!

Congrats!  :beer:

Marvin

Strale Project
« Reply #193 on: December 19, 2006, 02:47:52 AM »
You know Strale...  I have always said that you are crazy for spending all that money and time trying to build a 100% real cockpit.  But I can really see that your dedication and money has paid off!

Great work
Jody

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #194 on: December 19, 2006, 05:16:36 AM »
Quote from: "LeoL"
FIRST TEST:

All hail the god of the ?focused green dot? that has granted you this privilege!

Congrats!  :beer:

Great to have Your post on my thread !
My Hat is OFF in front of YOU ..... your dedication to Our World lead us to such big step ahead !
Without You, Mike and Jay these things would have been stopped to Our Dreams (or Nightmares) ......
Please keep Your work going on ... next step will be being able to drive complex assy as the ADI and HSI ......

Thanks LEO.

Davide

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #195 on: December 19, 2006, 04:39:30 PM »
You know Strale...  I have always said that you are crazy for spending all that money and time trying to build a 100% real cockpit.  But I can really see that your dedication and money has paid off!

Great work
Jody

:D Thanks Jody !

Davide

String2054

Strale Project
« Reply #196 on: December 28, 2006, 01:35:25 AM »
Good stuff Strale,
You may want to check out this WEB site if you have not seen it yet.

Mikes Flight Deck
:idea: http://www.mikesflightdeck.com/rwr_project.htm  :idea:

Offline Dunk

• Dunk
  • -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
The Big Guys
« Reply #197 on: December 29, 2006, 12:34:44 AM »
And The Big Guys at I/ITSEC count us as just small fries.
I gotta strange feeling that Viper Pit is one org. that will soon have the respect of of alot of so called BIG FRIES.
Nice stuff Davide, and Jay and Mike too.

~Dan Hampton~

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Re: The Big Guys
« Reply #198 on: December 29, 2006, 04:24:46 PM »
Quote from: "Kneeling Warrior"
And The Big Guys at I/ITSEC count us as just small fries.
I gotta strange feeling that Viper Pit is one org. that will soon have the respect of of alot of so called BIG FRIES.
Nice stuff Davide, and Jay and Mike too.

Thanks Mate,
i think the same .... in any case .. just to make some clearification ...
All what You saw about my RWR couldn't HAPPEN without Mike, Jay and Leo !!!
Jay is giving me some help to check that my RWR is working fine ... but ... you know .... i'm a Dumb in electronics ..... and I posted those pictures only why Jay asked me to make a report on my thread ... (two chances ... or Jay is too Shy !! eh eh eh ... or he's working really hard that he has not time to show HIS progress !)
Mike and Jay worked hard on the indicator ..... develloping tests boards .. and studying How the hell is done that thing ..... Leo gave support with his Electronflux ..... now there are a couple of issues that have to be solved ... and then i think that there will be the need of someone that can "write" a software from "electronflux" to the Indicator .....

Hey Jay .... if something is wrong ... please write on me !

In any case ... my thinking is that I'm one of those lucky bastard having a real RWR ..... and DAMN ... i want see it WORKING ... LOL !

Cheers You all !

Davide

Offline Nikolas_A

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #199 on: December 29, 2006, 05:00:28 PM »
my thinking is that I'm one of those lucky bastard having a real RWR .....

You said it ...  :lol:

Nikolas

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #200 on: December 29, 2006, 05:11:28 PM »
Quote from: "Charos"
my thinking is that I'm one of those lucky bastard having a real RWR .....

You said it ...  :lol:

Nikolas

eh eh eh eh eh ....  8)  ,,,,,
cheers
Davide

Offline Crease-Guard

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #201 on: December 29, 2006, 11:53:20 PM »
Did you not get my email reply back?  

Anyways, you need to use the second 5v supply and you CANNOT hook the ground of this one to the other grounds.  Supply the grn and 5v to the pins like I described.  You cannot use the 5v supply you are already using.

Jay

LeoL

« Reply #202 on: December 30, 2006, 12:06:01 AM »
... and then i think that there will be the need of someone that can "write" a software from "electronflux" to the Indicator .....

Actually that part is already done. The F4IM interface software can currently drive the EFlux for the RWR from most flavors of Falcon. Jay posted a youtube video of his RWR in action and I have one posted here using your standard garden variety oscilloscope.

Mine is an older test video:
http://www.betainnovations.com/temp/f4af_rwr.mov

Jay's (you'll need to tilt your head 45 deg CW to view it  :P)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKg11SHZZ5A

Still some glitches to iron out, but we'll eventually get there. Anyone wanna sell me a used IP-1310/ALR cheap? Didn't think so... :cry:

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #203 on: December 30, 2006, 06:57:35 AM »
Did you not get my email reply back?  

Anyways, you need to use the second 5v supply and you CANNOT hook the ground of this one to the other grounds.  Supply the grn and 5v to the pins like I described.  You cannot use the 5v supply you are already using.

Jay

Nope Jay .....
in fact was waiting for it ... but didn't get it ! ....
ok... now got the info i needed and will perform next tests !
Thanks

Davide

Offline AiRdAncE

• Kim - was lost but then found ;)
  • Administrator
  • General
  • Fly till I PUKE !
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Software Guru Award: Awarded to those with special software skills : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • My Foundry for cast metal replica items
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #204 on: December 30, 2006, 06:09:21 PM »
Strale,

Just wanted to let you know that your thread is one of the few I check at a daily basis. Completely flabbergasted by what you're doing - I consider myself a total hero when I get a stepper motor running on a IOCards interface, so what you're doing is godlike to me ;)

Good work, I'm keeping an eye on you  8)
Life is what you make of it.

---------------------------------
Cast aluminum and brass replica cockpit items
www.castcrafter.com

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #205 on: December 30, 2006, 06:18:12 PM »
Quote from: "AiRdAncE"
Strale,

Just wanted to let you know that your thread is one of the few I check at a daily basis. Completely flabbergasted by what you're doing - I consider myself a total hero when I get a stepper motor running on a IOCards interface, so what you're doing is godlike to me ;)

Thanks AiRdAncE ......
your words are really motivating .....
You know ... i'm not Shy .. but have to admit that my ONLY luck was to hold good relations with lots of people... and this helped me in founding all the parts i need .....
Heroes are people like the Two MIkes ... Jay, Sharknoir, and all the other guys MAKING something that can be touched for the community ! ....
I can only take pictures and follow instructions on how to do things .....
this is the Truth ! ......
but of course I'm really proud of what i have and the info i can share within the community !

Thanks again

Davide

Offline AiRdAncE

• Kim - was lost but then found ;)
  • Administrator
  • General
  • Fly till I PUKE !
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Software Guru Award: Awarded to those with special software skills : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • My Foundry for cast metal replica items
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
Strale Project
« Reply #206 on: December 30, 2006, 06:32:01 PM »
Quote from: "AiRdAncE"
Strale,

Thanks AiRdAncE ......
your words are really motivating .....
You know ... i'm not Shy .. but have to admit that my ONLY luck was to hold good relations with lots of people... and this helped me in founding all the parts i need .....
Heroes are people like the Two MIkes ... Jay, Sharknoir, and all the other guys MAKING something that can be touched for the community ! ....
I can only take pictures and follow instructions on how to do things .....
this is the Truth ! ......
but of course I'm really proud of what i have and the info i can share within the community !

Thanks again

Davide

Isn't this a warm and fuzzy moment we're having ?!  :lol:
Life is what you make of it.

---------------------------------
Cast aluminum and brass replica cockpit items
www.castcrafter.com

Offline Strale

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General