Giovanni's Pit by antares190
[November 15, 2017, 02:31:28 PM]

Azul's Pit by Willy
[November 15, 2017, 11:41:34 AM]

TiTi's pit by Lento
[November 12, 2017, 03:21:03 AM]

mcfrag0815's IKEA IVAR-Pit Project by Moon
[November 09, 2017, 06:17:45 AM]

Author Topic: Pit for Sale  (Read 1674 times)

Offline Doc_

• Brig.General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
Pit for Sale
« on: May 18, 2017, 07:07:56 PM »
I woke up this morning and realized that my age had caught up with me. It is getting more and more difficult to get in and out of the pit and my reflexes and mental capacity just isn't what it used to be.  I also realized that if anything should happen to me my wife would have no idea what to do with the pit.  Soooo.  Time to sell it.  I'm not interested in selling piecemeal all or none.
If anyone is interested pm me for details.  The pit is in Ontario, Canada and if whoever is interested could pick it up it would be super.

Thanks
Doc :'(

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Henk's Viperpit developments
    • Awards
Re: Pit for Sale
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 09:55:25 AM »
I assume that you have been thinking about this a bit longer @Doc_   but you finally made the conclusion this morning  -- must have been a tough decision.  :(
Difficulty with getting in and out of the pit could be solved. However, reflexes, ability to fly and quick reaction is what we all will loose when getting older   :-\
The consideration what your wife would have to do in case "something" happens to you could also be solved. I have told my wife who she should call for my computer collection, my pit and my ham radio stuff   :whistle:

I just hope that I get my pit finished before I am too old to be able to climb into the darn thing   :reading:

Take care,
Henk

Offline Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Kukki?s F-16 website
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 02:20:06 PM »
Well said Henkie, and yes we are getting older in this community, that is for sure, but also a lot of new young people is coming in, and that is good.

This hobby have now served me for 15 years and will continue for at leaast 15 more years I think.
Im so happe every day I wake up and im surrounding with the stuff I love in my life, and thats what gets me going every day.
and not to forget, that I have got the BEST friend around the world with this hobby you cant imagine, and im so blessed.

Doc I know you and I understand you fully, and you have been a part of our neardy life for many years and you have done good.

I love you entuisasme for the hobby and you stayed much longer than many inhere will.

I wish you the best and I hope I will have the chance to drink a beer with you some day.

Take care and split your pitup in parts and put it on VP auctions and get as much as you can.

Have a great weekend my friend.  :vprules:
Kukki - (Skype: kukki_22)

Offline johngalt

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • Col.
  • VP Awards : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 04:00:39 PM »
May I offer a few considerations?  There are many very creative mods to cockpits that ease accessibility for challenged pilots.  As for reaction time--older pilots do lag younger pilots in raw response time, but their decisions and responses are more than twice as accurate, as well as a lower attrition rate.
Canadian tax law is most likely different from the US, but here many museums offer a "donation in place" policy where donations can be made to the museum--a tax write off taken, and the asset remains in your home till that "last take off".  This has long been used by the wealthy to write down assets and continue to display and enjoy art in the home.
By all means do your flight planning--but enjoy each one until the last wheels up.

Offline Biggles

• General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 05:09:24 PM »
Hi Doc,

It might have been a tough decision to make, but the fact that you made it makes you a strong man in my eyes.
In life one comes across crossroads where one has to make choices.

You made yours and i believe you really thought it over. That is good , because you can look at yourself in the mirror.
A Pit is just a pit and it is just a means to put your mind into matter.
Its nothing more than a tool.

That being said...........don't sell it, you will regret it  :biggrin:

Biggles.

Offline Leech87

• Major
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2017, 05:53:07 PM »

Biggles.
Agreed

Offline Marvin

• Brig.General
  • Back at again after 10 years!
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2017, 07:39:07 PM »

Biggles.

Yeah I am living proof of that..  I SO regret selling mine 10 years ago.  And here I am spending a fortune and trying to find all the parts I once had.  Unless you are in financial trouble like I was, just store it for a couple years.  If you at that time have never looked back, then sell it.
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Windows 8.1 64 bit, Intel Core i7 - 5820K CPU (3.30GHz 6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked up to 3.8 GHz w/ Turbo Boost), 32.0 GB Quad Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz, 128GB SSD 6Gb/s Main + 2TB 72

Offline mcfrag0815

• Major
  • Rookie
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2017, 08:33:59 PM »
At first I feel biggest respect. Respect that you were still active in pitbuilding. After I saw your profile mentioning your age I thought "Wow... when I'm in this age I would consider flying an A-10-pit because it will be easier to enter and leave"  ;)
I really understand your thoughts. I'm sure you had a great time in building and flying with your pit.
And now you decided for the final curtain for your pit.
It's a wise decision from my point of view and I think my decision if I were you would be the same.

We're here to share our vocation, confession (or addiction) or whatever. You enjoyed and lived that dream - and that is all what counts.

Offline MailMan

• Maj. General
    • 20th VFW
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2017, 07:22:30 PM »
I'll give you $29.99 and you need to bring it to Tampa  :)  Sorry to hear your dilemma.  Hope you can get rid of it.