[August 12, 2017, 12:08:54 PM]

Upcoming parts by henkie
[August 11, 2017, 12:06:17 PM]

Author Topic: DTU  (Read 2331 times)

Offline Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Kukki?s F-16 website
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
DTU
« on: March 08, 2017, 06:28:45 AM »
Info coming soon  :thumbsup:

We decided to make the FULL DTU with the DTC.
DTC will be hollow and contin space for a usb stick connected to an build in usb system,  that way you will be able to
take the DTC over to your laptop/deskto and program your flight files, cpy them to the stick.

I will then talk with the BMS coders and ask if they can make an chk on option in the config file so when you load your DTC from within the cockpit it will rad from the name alias on the usb stick in the DTC.

I know its simple and not real, but still have a cool factor :-)

Video:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjSqQPCm_qM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjSqQPCm_qM</a>
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 04:19:44 PM by Kukki »
Kukki - (Skype: kukki_22)

Offline Sandman

• Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : King for a Day Award: Awarded for an exemplar contribution to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
Re: DTU
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 07:01:56 AM »
WOW!  Looks great- Finally a DTU solution for everyone

One quick question: Will the hook on the DTU door connect to a latch mechanism when open?  Or is this just modeled near the handle, but will be non-functional?

Offline Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Kukki?s F-16 website
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 07:05:00 AM »
WOW!  Looks great- Finally a DTU solution for everyone

One quick question: Will the hook on the DTU door connect to a latch mechanism when open?  Or is this just modeled near the handle, but will be non-functional?

We will try to make that part function also, but we need to dig more into that hook system
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 07:15:53 AM by Kukki »

Offline Nigel

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 11:24:57 PM »
Kukki
let me know if you need detailed pics and dims for that one, I have it!! The latching mechanism is a bit complex

Offline Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
    • Kukki?s F-16 website
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2017, 06:18:25 AM »
I think we found a good solution for the hinges and the locking system there is ok to make.
I will chk. this weekend my real DTU and take the measurements for my buddy so we caan design it.

Stay tuned.

see the two last pictures in the first post

Offline KK

• General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2017, 08:47:27 AM »
You guys do an amazing job here.
Just one word of consideration.
Whatever mechanism you figure out it must be operable WITH ONE HAND (right hand) ONLY!
When I installed my DTU it all of sudden clicked to me why the cartridge lid has a self locking mechanism.
The DTU sits so far low and back in your pit that you cannot reach that unit with your left hand at all
(when seated in the ACES).

Offline Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
    • Kukki?s F-16 website
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2017, 09:04:55 AM »
You guys do an amazing job here.
Just one word of consideration.
Whatever mechanism you figure out it must be operable WITH ONE HAND (right hand) ONLY!
When I installed my DTU it all of sudden clicked to me why the cartridge lid has a self locking mechanism.
The DTU sits so far low and back in your pit that you cannot reach that unit with your left hand at all
(when seated in the ACES).

Count on it Klaus, and Thanks man, meen a lot coming from you
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 09:18:14 AM by Kukki »

Offline Marvin

• Brig.General
  • Back at again after 10 years!
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2017, 10:30:58 AM »
Very nice Kukki!  I like your idea about the magnet too.  It's a good compromise for something we don't really need to worry about to keep the costs reasonable.
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Windows 8.1 64 bit, Intel Core i7 - 5820K CPU (3.30GHz 6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked up to 3.8 GHz w/ Turbo Boost), 32.0 GB Quad Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz, 128GB SSD 6Gb/s Main + 2TB 72

Offline Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
    • Kukki?s F-16 website
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2017, 05:10:15 PM »
Added one new picture and a small description.

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2017, 07:25:54 PM »
Do you also need to talk to Falcas about adding an option to WDP to store his data to the file on this DTC, or is that already a capability within WDP?

Way cool stuff here...standby for more orders... :countingmoney: !
- Rufus

Offline Marvin

• Brig.General
  • Back at again after 10 years!
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2017, 08:12:49 PM »
Can you please have the option to buy just the top plate of the DTU?  Not everyone wants that type of realism and I would hate to see the price on that complete unit.  Money is not a big deal for me, but I do have my reasonable limits on what I am willing to spend on certain items.  So a cheaper option would be greatly appreciated.
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Windows 8.1 64 bit, Intel Core i7 - 5820K CPU (3.30GHz 6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked up to 3.8 GHz w/ Turbo Boost), 32.0 GB Quad Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz, 128GB SSD 6Gb/s Main + 2TB 72

Offline salaxi54

• General
  • VP Awards : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2017, 01:20:38 AM »
@Kukki: Nice work there, but i'm a bit confused.. As i don't have the slightest idea about the real DTU units internals, your last added picture got me more confused. The bottom part with the handle, is obviously a sliding cartridge/disk thing that goes in there and gets covered, like those SCSI-IDE old drive trays, what's the top cover supposed to be? The unit's electronics acces door? I haven't paid too much attention till now..

Offline Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
    • Kukki?s F-16 website
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2017, 03:05:38 AM »
@Kukki: Nice work there, but i'm a bit confused.. As i don't have the slightest idea about the real DTU units internals, your last added picture got me more confused. The bottom part with the handle, is obviously a sliding cartridge/disk thing that goes in there and gets covered, like those SCSI-IDE old drive trays, what's the top cover supposed to be? The unit's electronics acces door? I haven't paid too much attention till now..

Basic its just like you say, the DTC (data traansfer catridge) is just a unit you slide into the DTC and then it connects to you system via a connector on hte buttom.  the access for/lid onthe DTU is just to cover the access hole when you dont have the DTC stuck in there.
basic its just for look in the pit, but we will try to make it functional in BMS, just for the fun of it, so its not just a dummy part.

thats it, I hope I explained what you were looking for.

Offline Cupra

• General
  • VP Awards : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • 1st VFW "Glory Wings"
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2017, 07:02:12 PM »
Maybe someone in the future you can install a USB Floppy drive there.. then if you hit "load DTU" in you cockpit BMS will access the ini file from drive A: :D Inclusive the nice sounds ^^ And 1,4MB should be enough for DTU :D

This would be soo great :D

Offline Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
    • Kukki?s F-16 website
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2017, 07:14:14 PM »
Maybe someone in the future you can install a USB Floppy drive there.. then if you hit "load DTU" in you cockpit BMS will access the ini file from drive A: :D Inclusive the nice sounds ^^ And 1,4MB should be enough for DTU :D

This would be soo great :D

Yep, there is some good options :-)  :thumbsup: