HUDBLOCK FLOODLIGHT BRACKET by Kukki
[June 23, 2017, 10:31:30 AM]

CANOPY SPYDER by Kukki
[June 23, 2017, 10:29:35 AM]

HUD GLASS by Kukki
[June 23, 2017, 10:27:01 AM]

IR-SENSOR - NATO ICP BACKPLATE by Kukki
[June 23, 2017, 10:23:09 AM]

Author Topic: Kukki´s Pit v.5.0  (Read 134257 times)

Offline Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Kukki?s F-16 website
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
Re: Kukki´s Pit v.5.0
« Reply #525 on: June 03, 2017, 10:40:44 AM »
Hello again Gents!

Today I did some more wiring on the ADI.
Its now ready for testing, all wired.

First test was the the installation of the 2 boards for pitch and roll, drivers installed ok, no failure.

Second test was the internal light of the ADI, I was looking forward for that, cause my ADI is with inbuild NVIS Light, and it looks cool, even i daylight :-)

Third test will be later, to see if everything works

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzOo4nJaAdA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzOo4nJaAdA</a>
Kukki - (Skype: kukki_22)

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Henk's Viperpit developments
    • Awards
« Reply #526 on: June 03, 2017, 03:03:02 PM »
I had not expected that the NVIS lighting would be so *bright*   :o

Nevertheless it looks reeeeeaaaal soft and sweet  :thumbsup:

Offline Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Kukki?s F-16 website
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #527 on: June 03, 2017, 05:00:55 PM »
Hello again!

I Have been working a bit more on the ADI, and tested it for the first time.
All flags works as suppose to in the test tool, the ball pitch and roll OK and the commandbars also work :-)

So now its time to start SimLinkUp, set the right Com ports and the go for a test flight  :thumbsup:

Note there is still some fine tuning to be done and some small issues, but over all its a pleasure to see my investment work in BMS.

Special THANKS to @henkie, @Nigel and @lightning, without those Guru´s this would never have been realised  :vprules:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPUczEmRT1M" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPUczEmRT1M</a>
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 08:35:28 AM by Kukki »

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #528 on: June 04, 2017, 03:46:30 AM »
Very nicely done movie   :thumbsup:
I am pretty sure that you notice the small position "jump" at approx 30 degrees movement, in the pitch and roll movement. In the ADI movement it is not that disturbing as you most of the time are *not* looking at the ADI while flying in your pit.   8)

This small "jump" is also present in the prototype of the altimeter. Here the "jump" causes an altitude change of approx 60 feet, and this occurs 6 times per 10000 feet.   ::)

I have had already many evenings of headaches to find the root cause (and a solution), but although I exactly *know* when the jump happens (after a lot of testing), I do not (yet) have a solution for it.  :-\

But this ADI movie clip is great, I am not able to make such nice movies  :notes:

Offline Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
    • Kukki?s F-16 website
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #529 on: June 04, 2017, 03:51:08 AM »
Very nicely done movie   :thumbsup:
I am pretty sure that you notice the small position "jump" at approx 30 degrees movement, in the pitch and roll movement. In the ADI movement it is not that disturbing as you most of the time are *not* looking at the ADI while flying in your pit.   8)

This small "jump" is also present in the prototype of the altimeter. Here the "jump" causes an altitude change of approx 60 feet, and this occurs 6 times per 10000 feet.   ::)

I have had already many evenings of headaches to find the root cause (and a solution), but although I exactly *know* when the jump happens, I do not (yet) have a solution for it.  :-\

But this ADI movie clip is great, I am not able to make such nice movies  :notes:

Super Cool Henkie, and yes I saw that small jump, and hope we crack it some day.

Another thing we need to work on is so that the command bars are total out of sight when not activated.
they should not be visible at all.  I talked with dave and he said something about a resistor there need to be changed.

But lets talk about thal later on.

Im very happy to see my ADI spin :-)

Kukki

Offline Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
    • Kukki?s F-16 website
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #530 on: June 06, 2017, 05:22:24 PM »
Gents im back :-)

Tonight I have made the connector and wireing harnes for the real FFI, and prepared the test board for tonights first test.
After an hour or so I got it up and running.

Betainnovation and USIM software still have some problems in Win 10 and the 64bit BMS exe, so the test was dont in the BMS 32bit exe, and all went super good.

I got to understand the stepper SW a bit more.

Here is a viseo and some pictures on the test bench  :thumbsup:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIuZNjesX-Y" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIuZNjesX-Y</a>

Offline Nigel

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #531 on: June 06, 2017, 07:49:09 PM »
Looking great Kukki, one request, maybe you can set the unit next to a monitor so the BMS or YAME graphics are visible. Then we can get a look at how it is tracking.
So great to see these things come to life. It's a historic day!

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #532 on: June 07, 2017, 01:46:01 AM »
I wonder . . . who "lobotomized" the FFI ???    :taz:    :bat:    :whocares:

Offline Killratio

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #533 on: June 07, 2017, 02:07:39 AM »
Wow!! Nice stuff Kurt!!
PROUD SUPPORTER OF:

AND
[url=http://s24.photobucket.com/user/Ki

Offline Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
    • Kukki?s F-16 website
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #534 on: June 07, 2017, 02:46:11 AM »
Looking great Kukki, one request, maybe you can set the unit next to a monitor so the BMS or YAME graphics are visible. Then we can get a look at how it is tracking.
So great to see these things come to life. It's a historic day!

I will do that in the next test Dave  :thumbsup: