Grease Monkey's Pit by sagrzmnky
[February 24, 2017, 03:00:16 AM]

Falcon Pit block 52+ from Poland by Ski
[February 23, 2017, 05:53:03 PM]

Henkie's pit by KK
[February 21, 2017, 03:51:04 AM]

F-16 fuselage by simpit
[February 20, 2017, 05:54:18 PM]

Author Topic: Rufus' Ride - Block 50 Pit Progress...  (Read 47175 times)

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Henk's Viperpit developments
    • Awards
Re: Rufus' Ride - Block 50 Pit Progress...
« Reply #195 on: December 19, 2016, 03:45:41 AM »
Ahh, I see ... still looking great  :biggrin:

looking forward to the next series of pix  :thumbsup:

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #196 on: January 17, 2017, 06:59:41 PM »
I've got a question for folks that have done it - what resolution are you running your LCDs at? 

I chose a high one for my demo pics, but I'm now thinking that running any higher than the native 600 x 800 is just a waste.

What are folks doing - inquiring minds want to know... :notes: .
- Rufus

Offline Nigel

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #197 on: January 19, 2017, 01:39:34 AM »
I've got a question for folks that have done it - what resolution are you running your LCDs at? 

I chose a high one for my demo pics, but I'm now thinking that running any higher than the native 600 x 800 is just a waste.

What are folks doing - inquiring minds want to know... :notes: .
Rufus
you are correct, run them at 600x800

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #198 on: January 19, 2017, 11:09:20 AM »
Thanks Nigel... :thumbsup: !
- Rufus

Offline String

• Lt. Col
  • VP Awards : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • iNFLIGHT Aviation
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #199 on: January 21, 2017, 07:12:03 PM »
GREAT WORK!

Very clean and so sweet to see all that hard work come together.

:thumbsup:

String

Offline Rufus

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #200 on: January 22, 2017, 09:44:23 AM »
Thanks, String - couldn't have done it this way without you... :thumbsup: !
- Rufus

Offline Rufus

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #201 on: February 25, 2017, 06:57:07 PM »
...well, it turns out there is another way (isn't there always... :DOH: ...).  I got myself one of these 60 pin extension ribbons from Chinatobby in hopes of creating enough slack/flex in the cable to move the LCD panel inboard a bit, and that has worked out... :yihaw:

So now all of my gauge tubes can clear the LCD panel to fit flush and I don't need to alter anything...but only because my center group had been altered by it's previous owner...he originally planned to use 8" LCD panels and cut away the inboard web of the MFD frames and a portion of the center pedestal itself, which hopefully folks can see in my pictures.  Initially I was a bit dismayed at this alteration, but as I've put things together I'm finding that it's saved me some considerable effort, and it isn't visible from the front side.

Note that if you consider this alteration, with 7" LCD panels I don't think you need alter the center pedestal - only the web of the MFD frames - and even then, only the right one really needs to be cut away.  That will provide the needed approx. 1/8" inboard space to position the LCD panel as needed.

Another quick plug in and check with static MFDE to see that things are functioning...plugged in after re-assembling this afternoon and all is well... :thumbsup: !
- Rufus