F-16 fuselage by Predator
[May 18, 2017, 01:47:23 PM]

YetY´s pit by YetY
[May 17, 2017, 06:43:55 AM]

TiTi's pit by wralex
[May 15, 2017, 12:36:01 PM]

mcfrag0815's IKEA IVAR-Pit Project by mcfrag0815
[May 13, 2017, 09:58:45 PM]

Author Topic: Blaze's Pit  (Read 10639 times)

Offline Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Kukki?s F-16 website
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
Re: Blaze's Pit
« Reply #105 on: May 08, 2017, 04:09:59 PM »
TOP WORK my friend, it really looks PERFECT  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Keep up the good work  :vprules:
Kukki - (Skype: kukki_22)

Offline Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Kukki?s F-16 website
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #106 on: May 08, 2017, 04:13:07 PM »
STU my friend, are you using TM MDF´s for your pit????????
Kukki - (Skype: kukki_22)

Offline Blaze

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #107 on: May 08, 2017, 04:21:39 PM »
STU my friend, are you using TM MDF´s for your pit????????

Unfortunately for now.  I will probably upgrade at some point.. :whistle:

Offline mcfrag0815

• 1st.LT
  • Rookie
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #108 on: May 08, 2017, 05:32:01 PM »
Really eyecandy  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Perfect within every tiny detail.

Online Marvin

• Brig.General
  • Back at again after 10 years!
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
« Reply #109 on: May 08, 2017, 06:14:31 PM »
That looks outstanding!  Martin's stuff is better than the real thing!  8)
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Windows 8.1 64 bit, Intel Core i7 - 5820K CPU (3.30GHz 6-cores, 15M

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills
    • Henk's Viperpit developments
    • Awards
« Reply #110 on: May 09, 2017, 02:07:39 AM »
VERY  sweet   :thumbsup:

Back in the early eighties (  :whistle: ) I was building my "Star Ship" (loosely based on StarTrek).
It has three consoles, 2 small screens for Tactical/Navigation and Sciences/Engineering stations and of course the main screen in the center. I used a Toyota Corolla (first model) driver seat. The seat is mounted on bearing rollers so that the chair can rotate, and heavy slide guides are mounted on both sides to make the chair roll towards the consoles and back (to get out). At one side I mounted a gear rack. At the rear of the chair I have a motor with a gear. By simply pushing a button the chair (with me in it) rolls neatly towards the consoles. Underneath the chair are two heavy microswitches installed to limit the movement by switch power off (end stops).

@Blaze : you might consider having those end stops too

Offline Blaze

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #111 on: May 09, 2017, 12:24:32 PM »
That sounds like a really neat space ship @henkie,  wish you had pictures of that!

I will definitely have to set some limit switches in there somewhere.  It will be an interesting part of my project for sure.

Blaze

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills
    • Henk's Viperpit developments
    • Awards
« Reply #112 on: May 09, 2017, 04:29:04 PM »
That sounds like a really neat space ship @henkie,  wish you had pictures of that!
The StarShip was my first *big* project some 30 years ago, and my first web site. The web site was hosted by my back-then provider, but that is nowadays no longer needed. A few years ago I stopped paying, and I noticed that the website is gone. I have copied the contents to my own domain (so I have control of the content, not some provider --> no annoying pop-ups or advertisements).
How well the site will navigate and how many "404" will occur, I have not checked   :whistle:
The link is www.pdp-11.nl/ncc1701/ncc1701startpage.html

Enjoy (if it works  :whistle: )

Offline Blaze

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #113 on: May 09, 2017, 09:40:01 PM »
@henkie it still worked for me....no wonder you are an electro/computer wizard.  Very cool dude!   :thumbsup:

Offline Blaze

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #114 on: May 09, 2017, 09:56:09 PM »
That looks outstanding!  Martin's stuff is better than the real thing!  8)

Thanks @Marvin.  Martin is the man for structure, his stuff has been a pleasure to work with so far.  I'm very anxious to get the side shells he's designing now.  Hopefully he'll have the design finished by this summer.

Blaze

Offline simpit

• Col.
  • f16fighter.de
  • VP Awards : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • f16fighter.de
    • Awards
« Reply #115 on: May 11, 2017, 11:28:31 AM »
Oh man, Blaze, what awesome rudder pedals.  :clap: It seems to be the real one. Sorry, but I´vnt watched your thread from the beginning, so please don´t be sore about the question: Could you tell some details about these absolutely amazing device? Real or very close replica? Will you make or have you made them work?
Have a nice day

Hans Dieter

Offline Blaze

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #116 on: May 11, 2017, 04:53:45 PM »
@simpit ,

Yes they are real pedals and yes they will work!

I have the connector but have not been able to wire it just yet.  The real F16 uses a quad redundant system for the fly-by-wire rudder, very similar to the Airbus I fly at work.  Since I don't need quad redundancy I will be re-wiring the four connections into one for all functions (i.e. rudder movement and left/right toe brakes).  From the single connection the wires will be routed to 3 transducer amplifiers and then to a controller board (Pokeys 57u).

This is a very exciting time for my sim, can't wait to get these puppies up and running!

Blaze

Offline simpit

• Col.
  • f16fighter.de
  • VP Awards : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • f16fighter.de
    • Awards
« Reply #117 on: May 11, 2017, 06:19:32 PM »
Fantastic! I can imagine that it´s a great moment for you to make your first flight with these amazing pedals - even for you as "real-life-pilot"!

I plan to rebuild this rudder-machine at the end of my fuselage project. Would be graet if you could give some measures!
Have a nice day

Hans Dieter

Offline KK

• General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #118 on: May 13, 2017, 04:48:56 PM »
If you are using Thrustmaster Hotas Cougar then you can feed the signal from the ATA-101 directly into the 15pin connector of the cougar board.
The really cool thing is that you can calibrate and use a curve of your own preference in the cougar settings.
My real pedals work like that for years now.