* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 62
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Recent Topics/Posts

DCStoF4 (Standalone version) by SharkNoir
[March 17, 2024, 03:19:25 PM]

Author Topic: Symulate Cockpit Plans  (Read 99860 times)

Offline Symulate

• Col.
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Awards
Re: Symulate Cockpit Plans
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2015, 04:59:13 PM »
Hi all,

I can get 20mm sheet through work easily so was unaware this was tough to source. For the CP the only 20mm piece is cosmetic and can be replaced easily. The floor is predominantly 20mm thick. This will require a slightly more in depth update. 

Please leave it with me.

Thanks,
Sy

Offline Symulate

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2015, 02:27:50 PM »
Hello all,

All plans to date have now been updated with 18mm sheet instead of 20mm.  The LHS Console is also now 18mm construction. 

Thanks for your feedback regarding difficulty sourcing the sheet material.

As promised I plan to support these platform files as much as possible so please do shout if you have any other concerns.

Thanks,
Sy

Offline Symulate

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2015, 08:13:53 AM »
Hello all,

I received a question yesterday regarding full cockpit sides which I have replied to in the LHS Console Development thread.  Rather than continue with the RHS Console, today I have modelled the cockpit sides and canopy seal which will form the basis for this fifth module.

The solid model in the downloads section has been updated accordingly and is now awaiting admin approval.  For those making your own platforms based on the solid model this will hopefully get you on your way if you want full cockpit sides.  I have not united it fully so if you wanted the simpler platform you should just be able to "turn off" the sides and sill and in essence revert to the 04 version of the release.

Any questions or comments please shout.

Thanks,
Sy

Offline Lightning101

• General
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2015, 10:16:20 AM »
Very very very nice job Sy!

The VP community as never been so close to get a complete cockpit plan kit since the Killn's one is not available.

A big thumbs up to you and I'm pretty sure that all those members who are wainting for a kit since many times now will be very gratefull.

Keep it up for the viper and community!

Offline Symulate

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2015, 02:39:15 PM »
Hello all,

This evening I finished the blow-up of the RHS Console.  Just to check my intended methodology will work I have taken all of the current fully modelled platform parts and added the full sides and sill from the solid model.  This should give people a reasonable idea of what it will look like as a fully platform as opposed to the current simple platform.

Thanks,
Sy

Offline Symulate

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2015, 04:10:52 PM »
Hello all,

I had a spare 30 minutes this evening so I have quickly knocked up a glare shield.  I have done a lot of this by eye so I am not sure about dimensions but I am more than happy to modify this however people want as it is quite a simple parametric model.  For reference it is currently 3mm thick.

I need to knock a few more edges off it and then Ill put it in the downloads section with the solid model.

If there is a reference to dimensions anywhere I can modify before the upload?

Also, if people out there are handy with moulding then I am happy to release a buck model to lay up into.  Shout if this would be useful.

Thanks,
Sy

Offline tiger-31

• General
  • VP Awards 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards

Offline Symulate

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2015, 03:39:23 PM »
Thanks for this.  Ill try and update and then put into the download section.

Regards,
Sy

Offline Pekay

• Col.
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2015, 08:56:15 PM »

Offline Symulate

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2015, 02:30:03 PM »
Hello all,

I have added a glare shield representation to the solid model in the downloads section.  Now at V6 and awaiting admin approval.  Screen shot below for reference.

With the 01 Platform plans fully complete and available for anyone that wants them (please see individual threads in this section) and now this simple solid model finished and freely available in the downloads section this project is pretty much wrapped up.

I first started working on this on the 13th April this year and it has taken 6 full months to get to this point.  At 2-3 hours a day on average, with perhaps a little more at weekends, this represents an investment of somewhere in the region of 500-600 hours of work if not more. 

The net result is a complete, realisable platform consisting of 118 individual parts, 130 individual drawings and build manuals covering 68 pages with a total of 98 fully annotated steps.

Some people think this should be given away for free, lots don't and whilst everyone is entitled to their opinion, I think a small fee for this level of commitment is not unreasonable.

I have provided the build manuals for free.  A solid model from which everything above is derived from for free.  Clear examples of how the platform parts can be created without purchasing the plans for free.  I have updated the solid model at peoples request and promised to continue to do this as required.  At every step of the way I have asked for the forums input on whether they wanted this work doing and whether they supported it being a commercial venture. 

I believe I have acted fairly, honourably and in the "spirit of the community".  Maybe I am being over sensitive but from the side-swipes I feel I am getting in other threads it seems, what I hope is a minority of people, disagree.

If people don't want to purchase the plans that's fine.  If people don't want me as a forum member just say and I'll go.  In the meantime I'll keep a lower profile and hopefully this will offend less people.   My next project is an 02 platform based on 1.6mm (16swg) Alu, folded net construction.  My hope is this will be useful and well received.  If not then I am sure I will enjoy the engineering challenge regardless.

Thanks to the large majority of you all for your support and good will.
Sy

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills
    • Henk's Viperpit developments
    • Buy me a soda
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2015, 04:29:06 PM »
I have said it before, and I say it again @Symulate

Hats off to you   :hail:  and   :clap:  for all the outstanding work you accomplished in so little time.
And the payment you ask is just a small fee. I cannot call that little amount a payment.

If people say your plans are too expensive (or worse: should be freely available), they
a) selected the wrong hobby
b) don't have a clue how much effort is involved in your work
c) better forget about pit building, get a branch from a tree (that's free) and go fishing
    (that might be free)

So please stay and completely ignore the "I want it all for free" fools guys!

- Henk

CobaltUK

« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2015, 05:00:11 PM »
+1

Offline Lightning101

• General
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2015, 05:59:29 PM »
+1 henkie and a big thumbs up to Sy for his tons of hours and nice plans.

mg102279

« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2015, 07:17:01 PM »
@Symulate I do have to say that your plans are a real piece of work!!!  :yihaw: The prices for your plans are a hell of a lot more cheaper than Killn's plans. You can purchase 2 to 3 of your plans for the price of his. Initially under the assumption that these plans were going to be a free community item from the posts, I can see why you did put a small price on a big item.

To all,
As for my (VIPER44's parts) I will be making them available once completed but for a small price I can assemble them from mostly complete to complete kit. I am glad to contribute as well. As for the electronics will have to be at a small price. Ask @sagrzmnky which he can verify that I am trying to help make this hobby as cheap as possible for others as well as myself.

VIPER44....out!

Offline sagrzmnky

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2015, 11:56:29 PM »
@Symulate I do have to say that your plans are a real piece of work!!!  :yihaw: The prices for your plans are a hell of a lot more cheaper than Killn's plans. You can purchase 2 to 3 of your plans for the price of his. Initially under the assumption that these plans were going to be a free community item from the posts, I can see why you did put a small price on a big item.

To all,
As for my (VIPER44's parts) I will be making them available once completed but for a small price I can assemble them from mostly complete to complete kit. I am glad to contribute as well. As for the electronics will have to be at a small price. Ask @sagrzmnky which he can verify that I am trying to help make this hobby as cheap as possible for others as well as myself.

VIPER44....out!
What??? :o
Don't ask me nuthin...... :whistle: :biggrin:
Yes, Matt has told me many times about how he wants to help the VP community. I know for a fact, like many in here, that he is not out to make a big profit off of anything. I am sure that you will see that when he starts putting prices on stuff.  :thumbsup:
Phillip "Grease Monkey" Clark

My build thread
http://www.viperpits.org/smf/index.php?topic=6942.0
 Pokeys, x-key

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal